Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prove Authenticity of timepiece

Hi Guys,

I am a newbie so please please help me as I would like to learn. I am thinking of getting a serious timepiece and would like to get pre-owned watch. However, when i spend grands on a watch, one thing that always bug me is the authenticity of the watch. we all know how there are so many fakes out there. I have seen some good deals around but missed it because i overthink too much.

Now my questions is:

- if the seller does have STAMPED warranty card from overseas but no receipt. is it enough for me to assume that the watch is 100% authentic? ofcourse the serial no on the card matches the one engraved on the watch.

I asked this because I heard that even papers could be faked. is it really true?

I hope i can get some answers from friends here. thank you all in advance.

Also interested to know if overseas receipt is important....

Comment

Originally posted by rolexbaby View Post
      Hi Guys,

I am a newbie so please please help me as I would like to learn. I am thinking of getting a serious timepiece and would like to get pre-owned watch. However, when i spend grands on a watch, one thing that always bug me is the authenticity of the watch. we all know how there are so many fakes out there. I have seen some good deals around but missed it because i overthink too much.

Now my questions is:

- if the seller does have STAMPED warranty card from overseas but no receipt. is it enough for me to assume that the watch is 100% authentic? ofcourse the serial no on the card matches the one engraved on the watch.

I asked this because I heard that even papers could be faked. is it really true?

There is actually information here in the forum that you can find and read up towards buying a pre-owned timepiece. I don't think an assumption of a watch's authenticity can and should be based on just one factor. Anything can be faked. Have you read this?

https://www.sgrolexclub.com/threads/...-to-read/page8

Some helpful tips can also be found here:

https://www.sgrolexclub.com/threads/...n-buying-watch

https://www.sgrolexclub.com/threads/...ation-of-watch

Based on your case, a stamped warranty card is just one of the several factors that you use towards assuring the authenticity of a watch. A receipt would, of course, help in a way but again, it's not full-proof. If you want "guaranteed assurance of authenticity", the only way is to send in the watch to the service centre for a "check".
      The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

rolex service centre has since stopped authenticating rolex watches

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
        If you want "guaranteed assurance of authenticity", the only way is to send in the watch to the service centre for a "check".
        if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
        1. subject heading indicating your issue
        2. your nick
        3. your corresponding email address
        4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

if you are getting a rolex and you have concerns on preown watch pieces.

my advice is go to authorized dealers and get a new piece unless the particular piece you are looking for is not readily available at ADs since rolex prevents ADs from selling rolex above RRP.

Hi Guys,

Now my questions is:

if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
          1. subject heading indicating your issue
          2. your nick
          3. your corresponding email address
          4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

"- if the seller does have STAMPED warranty card from overseas but no receipt. is it enough for me to assume that the watch is 100% authentic?" Nope, because even with stamped warranty and receipt, it may not be real.
            I asked this because I heard that even papers could be faked. is it really true?" True.

With the internet, there is a lot of helpful information out there, so devote some time to reading up before making the purchase.
            If you want to purchase from a grey dealer or private individual, your best bet is to buy from one with an impeccable reputation and who knows his stuff. Even then, it's not 100%.
            If you cannot sleep without knowing if your watch came straight from the manufacturer's factory, I think best to pay more and buy from an AD or boutique.
            Hope the above helps, have fun!
            "Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence,
            three times is enemy action and
            over 600 is clearly the work of an ancient Sumerian demon or some sh*t
            ."

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
              Are you serious? no more authentication? then where to go for authentication then?? this is crazy.

Comment

Are you serious? no more authentication? then where to go for authentication then?? this is crazy.
                There are some independent watch companies/shops that provide authentication services for ROLEX watches. Try checking first with those advertising in the forum.
                The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
                  Yes, knew that. That's why I stated "check", not to authenticate
                  The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
                    Yes, knew that. That's why I stated "check", not to authenticate
                    Thanks for this information. Woww what a shocker. Can you point out a reliable and good place to verify??

Comment

I have not personally done any but have heard JW Watch (International Plaza) and Top Hour (Lucky Plaza) providing such a service with a fee.
                      The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X