Anonymous as the name on warranty card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anonymous as the name on warranty card

Most if not all local AD insist that the buyers write their names on the warranty cards. I read that some write the word Anonymous instead of their names. Will try that with a future purchase.
    Our eyes must be ugliest part of our face; everyone looks good when wearing sunglasses

Since the introduction of warranty card, Rolex has insisted that all AD ask their customers who purchase watches to write on the card. however, it is not known why is it that some AD do not insist their customers write down their name.

once the name has been written, the card and purchase receipt are to be sent to rolex for records purpose.

Originally posted by hypeunot View Post
    Most if not all local AD insist that the buyers write their names on the warranty cards. I read that some write the word Anonymous instead of their names. Will try that with a future purchase.
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
      Since the introduction of warranty card, Rolex has insisted that all AD ask their customers who purchase watches to write on the card. however, it is not known why is it that some AD do not insist their customers write down their name.

once the name has been written, the card and purchase receipt are to be sent to rolex for records purpose.
      I purchased a few watches that had the paper warranty.
      The sales person at the AD is a good friend and he still insisted that I wrote my name on the warranty certificate.
      Another practice was that the list price was stated on the sales receipt even thought the watch was sold over list. My friend explained that this was because a buyer complained to the Rolex HO that he was sold a watch over the list price. A refund was given to that buyer.
      Our eyes must be ugliest part of our face; everyone looks good when wearing sunglasses

Comment

If you can write 'anonymous' on it, you can write anything you like, correct? No AD should/can stop a customer from writing what he/she deems fit. End of the day, the watch belongs to the buyer or whoever the buyer is buying the watch for.
        The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

I purchased a few watches that had the paper warranty.
          The sales person at the AD is a good friend and he still insisted that I wrote my name on the warranty certificate.
          Another practice was that the list price was stated on the sales receipt even thought the watch was sold over list. My friend explained that this was because a buyer complained to the Rolex HO that he was sold a watch over the list price. A refund was given to that buyer.
          Previously, when a customer was buying a watch that he was paying a premium for from a local AD, he had to sign an undertaking during the purchase that he was willing to pay the higher price for the watch. This was some form of 'safe-guard' for the AD against any complaint, if any. However, this cannot be implemented now because the ADs are no longer 'allowed' to sell ROLEX watches at premium prices.
          The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Hi,

May i know when Rolex enforced that ADs arent allowed to sell above list price?

I understand from people that now ADs do it another way by holding onto popular models and unless people buy the less popular models as a bundle...so many tricks!

Comment

1 March this year...just googled it

Comment

Eh, my mum bought a rolex from Tai Hong Hung several months back. The AD did the necessary paperwork, resized the bracelet, stamped the date on the warranty card etc. He did everything except asking mum to write her name on the card. She asked if it's all right for the name segment to be left blank and he told her that it's the serial number and date of purchase that's important. He was actually quite adamant about how unnecessary it is to have a name on it. Maybe he was reluctant to take it out of the box again.

Is that really how it's done? Or should I bring the watch down to RSC for an authenticity check or something?

Comment

Originally posted by plumpig View Post
                  Eh, my mum bought a rolex from Tai Hong Hung several months back. The AD did the necessary paperwork, resized the bracelet, stamped the date on the warranty card etc. He did everything except asking mum to write her name on the card. She asked if it's all right for the name segment to be left blank and he told her that it's the serial number and date of purchase that's important. He was actually quite adamant about how unnecessary it is to have a name on it. Maybe he was reluctant to take it out of the box again.

Is that really how it's done? Or should I bring the watch down to RSC for an authenticity check or something?
                  Tai Hong Hung (THH) is a ROLEX AD, so you don't really need to worry. More importantly, is the AD stamp/endorsement on the warranty card, followed by the date of purchase. As for the name, I believe it is optional and not compulsory. For example, I may be the buyer of the watch but if I am buying the watch as a gift for someone else, I will write the name of the receiver instead of mine, correct? So, name can be optional I guess.
                  The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
                    Tai Hong Hung (THH) is a ROLEX AD, so you don't really need to worry. More importantly, is the AD stamp/endorsement on the warranty card, followed by the date of purchase. As for the name, I believe it is optional and not compulsory. For example, I may be the buyer of the watch but if I am buying the watch as a gift for someone else, I will write the name of the receiver instead of mine, correct? So, name can be optional I guess.
                    Thanks! That makes sense.

Comment

ya, oversea AD also will ask and write name on warranty card.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X