Datejust Dial Refurbishment - Seeking Recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Datejust Dial Refurbishment - Seeking Recommendations

Hi folks! I had recently acquired a 16233 Datejust with white Roman numerals dial and I am looking to get it repainted to another colour. It seems like the dial was refurbished previously and is no longer in its original state. Hence I will be using this dial for this project instead of getting another one.

Would any bros here have any specific shops (rather than shopping malls like people’s park centre, golden landmark, lucky plaza etc) to recommend with good workmanship?

Appreciate your input!

Hi,

you want to change the dial color? once the color is change, this particular watch will not be able to be serviced by Rolex Service Centre Singapore.

if you are ok, what color are you looking at? will it be matt or gloss finished?

Originally posted by stevenf View Post
    Hi folks! I had recently acquired a 16233 Datejust with white Roman numerals dial and I am looking to get it repainted to another colour. It seems like the dial was refurbished previously and is no longer in its original state. Hence I will be using this dial for this project instead of getting another one.

Would any bros here have any specific shops (rather than shopping malls like people’s park centre, golden landmark, lucky plaza etc) to recommend with good workmanship?

Appreciate your input!
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
      Hi,

you want to change the dial color? once the color is change, this particular watch will not be able to be serviced by Rolex Service Centre Singapore.

if you are ok, what color are you looking at? will it be matt or gloss finished?

Hi Triton, yes I am ok with that. I managed to find a shop that does dial repainting through FB. Will be going down later to enquire. But I will be doing a gloss jade green, like the one on a 116718.

Comment

do keep us posted.

Hi Triton, yes I am ok with that. I managed to find a shop that does dial repainting through FB. Will be going down later to enquire. But I will be doing a gloss jade green, like the one on a 116718.
        if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

kindly email with
        2. your nick

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

Comment

do keep us posted.

Was quoted $450 as this project is a unique one. It’s a bit on the high side I feel. Now I’m considering if I should go ahead or look elsewhere. Would you have any lobang?

Comment

the price is reasonable considering that it is just for 1 dial. if there are like 10 dials of the same, price will be lower.

Was quoted $450 as this project is a unique one. It’s a bit on the high side I feel. Now I’m considering if I should go ahead or look elsewhere. Would you have any lobang?

kindly email with
            2. your nick

Comment

the price is reasonable considering that it is just for 1 dial. if there are like 10 dials of the same, price will be lower.

Thanks Triton. Shall consider again if I want to proceed with this project or not.

Comment

Any update or picture?

Comment

Originally posted by Mach86 View Post
                  Any update or picture?
                  Sorry, have put this project on hold for the moment. Currently also looking out for unique original black dials as another option.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X