planning to get my 1st new rolex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jackpereira67 View Post
    just to add, what if I also purchase lets say a 2 tone date just 36. will it be easier to purchase the hulk? as in a bundled sale? heard stuff like that online too..
    I have heard the same. But if you put that into practice, trust me, you're not going to get any positive response from the ADs. Most ADs responded that they, too, heard the same 'rumor' (or so they claimed) and insisted it was not true. They were also wary some customers were out to bluff them, and test market. I was told there was no such "bundle deal", even if there's stock for a popular sports model.

Once, I approached an AD and said I wanted to buy a Patek Philippe (PP) Aquanaut (steel model). At the same time, I was also buying 2 PP white gold Calatravas for my relatives in Indonesia. No use; the AD told me they could get me the Calatravas but not the Aquanaut. I thanked the AD and said I would look elsewhere.
    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post

I have heard the same. But if you put that into practice, trust me, you're not going to get any positive response from the ADs. Most ADs responded that they, too, heard the same 'rumor' (or so they claimed) and insisted it was not true. They were also wary some customers were out to bluff them, and test market. I was told there was no such "bundle deal", even if there's stock for a popular sports model.

Once, I approached an AD and said I wanted to buy a Patek Philippe (PP) Aquanaut (steel model). At the same time, I was also buying 2 PP white gold Calatravas for my relatives in Indonesia. No use; the AD told me they could get me the Calatravas but not the Aquanaut. I thanked the AD and said I would look elsewhere.
      thanks so much for sharing yr exp bro. anyway I have decided to shelf the idea of getting a hulk for now. premium is just too rich for my taste. will keep fingers crossed that I will receive a call from thg someday. I also got a msg recently from thg via fb messenger and they said that my name is recorded as registered interest and that they do not hold to any wait lists of any kind

Comment

Originally posted by jackpereira67 View Post

thanks so much for sharing yr exp bro. anyway I have decided to shelf the idea of getting a hulk for now. premium is just too rich for my taste. will keep fingers crossed that I will receive a call from thg someday. I also got a msg recently from thg via fb messenger and they said that my name is recorded as registered interest and that they do not hold to any wait lists of any kind
        There's still hope, don't despair

You may get lucky sooner than you know
        The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

sounds like that how people managed to snag a hermes Birkin from boutique...buy other hermes accessories...clock certain amount of spending before the associates offer the holy grail..lol
          Tag Heuer 2000 Professional Chronograph
          Tag Heuer Formula 1
          Rolex Datejust Oyster Perpetual 16234
          Rolex Datejust Oyster Perpetual 116234
          Rolex GMT II 16710
          Sinn U1 SDR

Comment

There's still hope, don't despair

You may get lucky sooner than you know
            thanks bro yes I hope so too.. hope to get that golden phonecall soon.. fingers crossed.

Comment

Last time when I walk in rolex still can see deepsea around . Now almost all stainless steel sport model segment is botak. gold, datejust plentiful. They have indeed becoming the new Hermes.

Comment

Originally posted by xinqun View Post
                Last time when I walk in rolex still can see deepsea around . Now almost all stainless steel sport model segment is botak. gold, datejust plentiful. They have indeed becoming the new Hermes.
                That's not only the frustrating part. What I find "amusing" is, these ADs continue to put up watch ads in the newspapers, mags, etc ... advertising some of the popular sports models, but there are mostly no stock for them
                The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

That's not only the frustrating part. What I find "amusing" is, these ADs continue to put up watch ads in the newspapers, mags, etc ... advertising some of the popular sports models, but there are mostly no stock for them
                  My local AD told me the days of the Past is gone. I was very frustrate with him because I bought my past 6 rolex from the same shop and 3 under him because I just came to know him from my sis intro. He told me one client bought 2 gold watch also cant get a stainless rolex when he demand such request before buying 2 gold watch. He say the rolex watch are getting lesser in than before and you need to keep buying other watch to get a chance to own it. Demand is very high and supply getting lesser. Sound to me like a Hermes strategy. So stick to one guy to get a chance. envy those that can get from oversea at retail.

Comment

Originally posted by xinqun View Post

My local AD told me the days of the Past is gone. I was very frustrate with him because I bought my past 6 rolex from the same shop and 3 under him because I just came to know him from my sis intro. He told me one client bought 2 gold watch also cant get a stainless rolex when he demand such request before buying 2 gold watch. He say the rolex watch are getting lesser in than before and you need to keep buying other watch to get a chance to own it. Demand is very high and supply getting lesser. Sound to me like a Hermes strategy. So stick to one guy to get a chance. envy those that can get from oversea at retail.
                    ... hahaha ... I think the problem is, you bought all ROLEX watches and ROLEX watches, among most other brands, tend to be the easiest to sell. It may be different if what you have bought were all the less popular brands and models, and were very hard to sell types. And must be damn high end and expensive ones. Then likely, your chance of getting a SS ROLEX sports model of your choice is much higher.
                    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Recently heard a few first timer getting s/s sport model and even a batman from THG. I guess we just have to keep the finger crossed

Comment

That is correct. For selective models, the ADs have to justify why a certain customer deserves to be offered the watch and it is only upon approval by the HQ or higher-ups that the watch can be sold. For walk-ins, or even existing customers who do not buy watchES often, the chance is near ZERO.
                        I was kinda amused when the saleperson at THG specifically informed me that the GMT 'must be sold to only me', and that he had obtained management's approval for it, and that I cannot allocate the piece to my friend. i.e. invoice has to be under my name.

Comment

Originally posted by Sinn-er View Post

I was kinda amused when the saleperson at THG specifically informed me that the GMT 'must be sold to only me', and that he had obtained management's approval for it, and that I cannot allocate the piece to my friend. i.e. invoice has to be under my name.
                          Yup, that's the current (sad) state of affairs with our ADs. Firstly, you must make the request with your AD contact. Thereafter, your AD will determine if you stand a chance for him/her to make the request officially with the HQ. At the AD level, if you don't stand a chance at all, he/she will reject your request there and then. But if you do, an email request will be submitted for approval. And as this request is made under your name, the watch can only be sold to you.

Do note that whether you are the buyer or you're buying it to give to someone else (including helping a friend to buy), as long as the watch is re-sold and discovered by the AD, you will be 'blacklisted' by the company. But this is something you will not be told of by your AD. Once 'blacklisted', your future request(s) for popular watch models will be affected/rejected.
                          The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Yup, that's the current (sad) state of affairs with our ADs. Firstly, you must make the request with your AD contact. Thereafter, your AD will determine if you stand a chance for him/her to make the request officially with the HQ. At the AD level, if you don't stand a chance at all, he/she will reject your request there and then. But if you do, an email request will be submitted for approval. And as this request is made under your name, the watch can only be sold to you.

Do note that whether you are the buyer or you're buying it to give to someone else (including helping a friend to buy), as long as the watch is re-sold and discovered by the AD, you will be 'blacklisted' by the company. But this is something you will not be told of by your AD. Once 'blacklisted', your future request(s) for popular watch models will be affected/rejected.
                            Wah! Then if I had bought it as a gift for a friend ... and then he subsequently sells it off / trade up ... I get 'penalized'?

Comment

Originally posted by Sinn-er View Post

Wah! Then if I had bought it as a gift for a friend ... and then he subsequently sells it off / trade up ... I get 'penalized'?
                              Sadly, yes. It doesn't matter what/why/who you buy the watch for. As long as a complaint comes up or the (re)sale of that watch you purchased comes to light, your AD contact will 'blacklist' you. But to what extent or how serious they deem it, only they will know. What I learnt was, for example, if you manage to buy a Daytona from your AD, and thereafter found to have sold it a couple of months later, your future request for a Daytona will not be considered. Not sure if this includes other highly popular sports models, and other brands though.
                              The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

I m the type buy and keep n dun flip at all.... “problem” is I do not have any AD contact that knows me well :-(

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X