Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you clean your precious Rolex..??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you clean your precious Rolex..??

After wearing for a while dirt and dust will start to accumulate especially ard the bracelet area..
    Anyone can suggest a correct way to keep my DJ kilat kilat?
    [B][I]There's no jewels or gems to compliment a man..
    Only a perfect timepiece that should be worn on his wrist.. [/I][/B]

Originally posted by communicam View Post
    After wearing for a while dirt and dust will start to accumulate especially ard the bracelet area..
    Anyone can suggest a correct way to keep my DJ kilat kilat?
    i give my watch a good wash then i use cloth and my GF's face powder to polish it.

Comment

i m curious as well. xperts here pls advise.
      until recently, i see watch just as a practical time instrument. when i took out my wife's and mine watches out recently from the drawer, some of the `forgotten' ones are already looking `dusty and grimy'. no doubt due to neglect and lack of TLC. hope to change that but can't quite figure out how to get the best out of the watch again. i am sure it is not just rinse over water....
      and since i am plannng to get my 1st 'lex soon, i better know how to maintain them. i mean, if i can take the trouble to clean and wax my car weekly, why can't i keep my watches in good condition...

Comment

easiest way = rinse with warm water and wipe dry using a microfibre cloth...

abit more TLC: use a soft toothbrush and your favourite toothpaste to clean the watch.....pay particular attention to the area between each bracelet link....rinse off and wipe dry

alternative: use the cartier bracelet cleaning kit. it comes with a aerosol spray, soft brush and cleaning cloth..........spray the cleaner at the bracelet....leave it on for a min and use the brush to remove the dirt.....lastly polish and shine......

sometimes i use hi-glaze 88, the car polish, to give my watches that extra shine.......non-abrasive so no problem........apply thinly and buff off.........super shine...!

cape cod cloth.....also very good when used on smooth surfaces but it's slightly more abrasive than hi-glaze 88.......so use with care.....

for the hardcore.......remove bracelet and use a ultrasonic bath to give the bracelet a thorough cleaning.............rem: never never put the watch in a ultrasonic cleaner........
        Last edited by ohlins; 27-07-07, 09:56 AM.
        the hype is true. listen at your own risk.
        visit my watch and audio blog oohlins.blogspot & learn how to use the rolex comfort link

Comment

I had some fun last weekend. Took the metal bracelet off my swatch and gave it a good scrub with an old toothbrush and some soap...
          while it dried, I used a polish cloth and cleaned the case.
          The acrylic crystal was ok so I didn't touch it, otherwise I'd have polished it with some toothpaste.

Looks much nicer!

Comment

Originally posted by ohlins View Post

abit more TLC: use a soft toothbrush and your favourite toothpaste to clean the watch.....pay particular attention to the area between each bracelet link....rinse off and wipe dry

alternative: use the cartier bracelet cleaning kit. it comes with a aerosol spray, soft brush and cleaning cloth..........spray the cleaner at the bracelet....leave it on for a min and use the brush to remove the dirt.....lastly polish and shine......

sometimes i use hi-glaze 88, the car polish, to give my watches that extra shine.......non-abrasive so no problem........apply thinly and buff off.........super shine...!

cape cod cloth.....also very good when used on smooth surfaces but it's slightly more abrasive than hi-glaze 88.......so use with care.....

for the hardcore.......remove bracelet and use a ultrasonic bath to give the bracelet a thorough cleaning.............rem: never never put the watch in a ultrasonic cleaner........

Talk abt troublesome !!!...

Excellent tips bro.. !!
            A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at the office.

Just me and my NT...

Comment

alrite, now my mcquire wax got additional use
              will try out this w/end

Comment

wah.. so many suggestions.. now i know many ways to clean my watch..
                thanks bros!!
                [B][I]There's no jewels or gems to compliment a man..
                Only a perfect timepiece that should be worn on his wrist.. [/I][/B]

Comment

Originally posted by ohlins View Post

abit more TLC: use a soft toothbrush and your favourite toothpaste to clean the watch.....pay particular attention to the area between each bracelet link....rinse off and wipe dry........
                  heehee... using the toothpaste does remind me of my army days when I use it to polish my helmet... And toothpaste has a mid & gentle chemical polishing agent.

Will try that on my bracelet next weekend

Comment

My normal handsoap liquid always restore my watches to a shining state....maybe my standards for shine is low...

Comment

Since we tends to rest the SS bracelet of our rolex on the table, scratches are inevitable. Anybody can advise how to get rid of such scratches so that the watch can look new.

Comment

will toothpaste work wonder?
                        if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                        1. subject heading indicating your issue
                        2. your nick
                        3. your corresponding email address
                        4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

hahaha.. nvr tried toothpaste before... can any1 verify ?
                          A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at the office.

Just me and my NT...

Comment

Originally posted by louisoh View Post
                            hahaha.. nvr tried toothpaste before... can any1 verify ?
                            u try liao then verify for us lor.
                            if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                            1. subject heading indicating your issue
                            2. your nick
                            3. your corresponding email address
                            4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

toothpaste will not be able to remove such swirls.........unless u use it as a polishing compound, i.e. use a cloth to rub hard ......oni work on polished surfaces....

for brushed surface....use a sandpaper sponge......
                              the hype is true. listen at your own risk.
                              visit my watch and audio blog oohlins.blogspot & learn how to use the rolex comfort link

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X