Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Workshop on Servicing, Polishing and Checking of a Rolex & other Quality Swiss Watch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Workshop on Servicing, Polishing and Checking of a Rolex & other Quality Swiss Watch

would anybody be interested in such a workshop?

topics covered include

1. what is being done to your rolex when it is being serviced at an authorised service center.

2. the checks, quality control, parts changed and testing during the entire process.

3. the difference and risk of having it worked on at an unauthorised workshop and what can happen during the next authorised servicing.

4. the machine, equipment and tools involved in the entire process.

5. how the watch is being polished and tested for water-tightness before being returned to you. an over-view of the tools, machine and techniques required to complete a professional swiss polishing standard.

6. the difference between swiss polishers and local polishers

workshop conducted in english, class size of 10 per session, duration of 3 hours. speaker represent the main equipment, toolings and parts supplier to swiss watch manufacturers and their respective authorised service centers in singapore.

please advice if you will e interested and how much you would be willing to pay for such a course. also, please include what you would like to learn, understand or walk away with after the workshop

after attending this workshop, participants will be able to better understand the reason what a complete service at an authorised service center comprises of and why it is so expensive to have it done at the ASC.

most important, they will learn how to take care of their watches and reduce servicing cost and be able to make a better decision where to bring their watches for servicing next time round.

Comment

Originally posted by Bergeon View Post
      after attending this workshop, participants will be able to better understand the reason what a complete service at an authorised service center comprises of and why it is so expensive to have it done at the ASC.

most important, they will learn how to take care of their watches and reduce servicing cost and be able to make a better decision where to bring their watches for servicing next time round.
      a real rolex gmt or oyster date will be disassembled and recased during the workshop.

Comment

So, just watch...no hands on?
        [FONT="Verdana"][B]The Best Dive Is Always The Next One[/B][/FONT]

Comment

not possible to have a rolex for everybody to take apart unless participant is willing to take apart his own watch.

proper disassemly of the watch case including backcase, bezel, steel ring, crystal, bracelet, crown with stem and removal of movement without damage is already a challenge to many watchmakers and repairers.

unless it is put together as an advance course.

Comment

I'm interested !

is it possible to learn how to service my own rolex watches, or I need to buy a lot of equipment?
            My 18K Gold Day Date "President" Collection:
            1) WG DIA 18239
            2) YG DIA 18238
            3) WG 18239
            4) YG 18238
            5) YG 18248G Bark
            6) WG DIA 18039
            7) WG 18039
            8) YG 18038
            9) Tridor DIA 18039B
            10) YG DIA 18078 Bark
            11) RG 1803 (Mint V.Rare)
            12) WG 1803
            13) YG 1803

50th Anniversary Collection:
            1)GMT II 116718 18K
            2)Sub 16610LV Mk1 x 4pcs ( 3F + 1 Y!)

Others
            1)Daytona RG 116505 18K
            2)D15037 14k
            3)DJ16238 18K

Comment

I am interested.
              Please pm me the following details :
              - how much

Btw, are the speakers watch makers themselves? Local or overseas?

Comment

I am interested too. thanks..

Comment

Im interested

Hi,

Im interested to learn servicing of watch too. PM me the time, location and price. Im willing to use my own rolex as a practise tool.

Comment

i am interested too... mind to give more details? thanks

Comment

how about organising and starting a 6 hour duration workshop at S$120 during a sunday.

it will be a basic level workshop whereby basic skills and important knowledge on how to strip down a rolex to its basic component will be passed on to the owners.

with important tips on how to maintain and take care of your rolex and basic testing and diagnosis using swiss testing machine found in the service center themselves.

Comment

Sounds cool....time to bargain!

$80 can?
                        [FONT="Verdana"][B]The Best Dive Is Always The Next One[/B][/FONT]

Comment

Hi

Originally posted by caeden View Post
                          Sounds cool....time to bargain!

$80 can?
                          Hi more interested to learn how to authenticate watches .
                          Focal JM_Labs .
                          "The Sprits Of Sounds".

Rolex WG Daytona D series Silver dial 116509
                          Rolex RG DD II with pink diamond dial V Series 218235
                          Rolex YG President DD with Diamond and Ruby 18038
                          Rolex Explorer I Black D series 114270
                          Rolex DJ TT Grey Dial 16233
                          Rolex Precision 6694 Black Dial
                          Rolex Precision 6694 Silver Dial
                          Rolex Oyster Perpetual Z series black dial 176200
                          Panerai 233K 8 days power reserve
                          Cartier Santos 100XL
                          Hublot Big Bang Edition 44mm

Comment

Sound interesting... Muz giv discount to ROC member hor, a bit of free gift is nice too... Then those that attend will provide a nice field report regarding the course...
                            Current:
                            No More Liao...

Comment

Originally posted by Bergeon View Post
                              how about organising and starting a 6 hour duration workshop at S$120 during a sunday.

it will be a basic level workshop whereby basic skills and important knowledge on how to strip down a rolex to its basic component will be passed on to the owners.

with important tips on how to maintain and take care of your rolex and basic testing and diagnosis using swiss testing machine found in the service center themselves.
                              Good and at the same time we can meet up with everyone.I remember that one of 2nd watch dealer was also conducting course few years back..time to learn new skill...Singaporean must always upgrade with new skills mah

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X