No announcement yet.

116710 and 116713 - GMT 2 New series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you have to decide if you are buying it to collect a watch or buying to wear a watch.

GMT cII is more in demand but due to the fact that SD is being discontinued soon may create another form of demand.. U buying it to wear it for a long time or a short term "fling" before flipping it for another???

Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
    - GMT II
    - GMT IIc TT
    - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
    - Master Eight Days (1608420)
    - U1
    - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

Comment

The GMTIIc is very heavy compare to the SD. Its worth the extra price....

Feel solid....I pay 10.XK for it and my AD say any indo-rich business man will pik up at 11K without asking...only s'porelien ask so much....

Worth buying....why do they have so limited stock on the GMTIIc? Previously 16710 also no problem...
      My Rolexes and Tudor...

Comment

I will go for the SD, simply because it is going to be discontinued, GMTC will be available for a long long while, with the GMTC you are only racing against $$$ price increase, for the SD you are up against not only $$$ but available stock.
        If I will to make a choice between the two, I will get the SD first and later save up for the GMTC ( I might consider taking this path myself).

Comment

Both SD and GMT IIc are overpriced now.

If want SD, should have gotten it long ago, when news/rumours of its discontinuation was not out yet. For brand new ones, it used to be going at 7K, as recent as late last year. But look at prices now... It's selling at list, ie 8.8K.

As for the GMT IIc, it's not surprising to see their prices high because this is the first time Rolex introduces the ceramic bezel. But movement wise, it really has nothing much to boast about if compared to the older GMT II aka 16710. I think it's worth waiting for a while to see if the heat will cool down.

Just my 2cents
          Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today. -James Dean

Comment

thanks to the watch speculators that push the price up north.

my AD also told me that gmtII up by A$1.5k since the GMTIIc came out
            [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
            [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
            Blue 6694
            Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
            [U]"My collection"[/U]:
            [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

The 116710 is the only Rolex with the ceramic bezel currently. If Rolex will consider introducing ceramic bezels for all the other sport models, then well, the heat for the current GMT IIc may cool down.

There'll always be high demand when something is scarce. If there're options, then buyers have more choices...
              Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today. -James Dean

Comment

Originally posted by minusplus View Post
                The 116710 is the only Rolex with the ceramic bezel currently. If Rolex will consider introducing ceramic bezels for all the other sport models, then well, the heat for the current GMT IIc may cool down.

There'll always be high demand when something is scarce. If there're options, then buyers have more choices...
                I believe if we all have thew patience to wait a little while,the GMTc will be like the anniversary LV, same goes for the Milgause,at the very most it will sell at list price but should not be any higher.
                I might be wrong , but it is worth the wait, let see what happen one year down the road.

Comment

Anyway looks like good advise to go for the SD 1st then GMTIIc later as it is still in production. What are the chances of GMTIIc falling to list without premium? Its been around more than a year already.

Comment

Right, went down to the shops near the Goddness of Mercy temple opposite the hawker centre(can't remember the name now) its besides Peng Kwee. Didn't even look at the prices at Peng Kwee but went in to check the prices
                    at the shop besides it.

Very nice but the prices for a 6month 2nd hand one is 9800 while a TT daytona champagne dial was 12500. Pretty pricey there but was told this is market price.

Was thinking of going to line up at those ADs originally for the SS GMT2c but the queue is still very long, been holding on for a while since my first original post (in another thread) about the TT GMT2c but then it went so high up i thought to myself, forget about it.

Though prices for the SS Gmt2c is high now, seems i will still go for it now, rather than regret later since i am getting below SG AD's list price. So getting 3 at one go, this month wallet going to be empty but well at their so called auspicious number $8800 (after the discount for 3 pieces), its hard to argue with it.

Some bros here PM me and will be going to HK and one i think has already gone so lets see what they say, who knows they may be getting it lower than me, so lets see and wait to hear their good news.

Comment

I always liked the Milgauss 116400 GV only, the other 2 look so normal but the GV is so rare everywhere....waiting for my lobang to get back to me on this rare piece....
                      Rolex Cosmograph Daytona 116520 M
                      Rolex GMT-Master II 116710 M
                      Rolex GMT-Master I 16700 U
                      Rolex Explorer II 16570 Z
                      Rolex Air-King 114200 M
                      Omega SeaMaster
                      Tag Heuer 6000 series, 90's Swatch watches, Seikos and Russian watches

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X