curious about my sub tt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• curious about my sub tt

so as some of you know, I bought a pre-own sub two weeks back.

I took a pic today, so I can show the watch to u guys.

and I also took out the invoice from the shop, and am quite curious as to what the numbers mean. can someone knowledgable shed some light?

stock code: 16613 (this one i know is the model number)

description: s816006 blue submariner (when was this made?)

engine: 3135
    bracelet: 93153-18, 401B
    casing: 16610 (shlnd't this be 16613???)

anyway, here's my watch

anyway, i paid 6.3 grand for this (if anyone's curious)

Comment

Hi just my guessing. For description: s816006 should be the series S (1993/1994) with six digital serial nos. For the rest may need the expert to advise. Cheer
      Heng2009

Comment

Originally posted by harlot View Post
        so as some of you know, I bought a pre-own sub two weeks back.

I took a pic today, so I can show the watch to u guys.

and I also took out the invoice from the shop, and am quite curious as to what the numbers mean. can someone knowledgable shed some light?

stock code: 16613 (this one i know is the model number)

description: s816006 blue submariner (when was this made?)

engine: 3135
        bracelet: 93153-18, 401B
        casing: 16610 (shlnd't this be 16613???)

anyway, here's my watch

The details are shown on the invoice? Such details may be just some references to the shop. Most importantly, you should send your watch to RSC for a verification. In fact, the S/N and Model number are engraved on the watch's lug space. You could remove the bracelet to see yourself. But if you are not sure, better not, in case you scratch the watch. Those details are more important and relevant as compared to those written on the invoice. The details could be written wrongly which gave you a misrepresentation. In order to have a piece of mind, I would recommend you to send for a verification as the verification would also verify the movement (3135) inside the watch, the original parts and even the bracelet. Always trust the watch than the dealer. Hope this help.

Comment

hey hey bros,

yes I haven't had the time to send to Rolex yet, plus the time is running about 7-10 seconds faster each day, so the shop owner told me to monitor for 1-2 weeks and then bring back to him and he will adjust and regulate for me.

so i think after he regulates it, then i bring down to rolex

S series is 93/94 eh? yea i read online too, which is why I felt that it's strange since he told me it's 10 years old, which wld mean it's actually year 2000 but i dont think they will bluff la, the shop service and people are really really nice.

but based on what the invoice wrote, is there a reason why the casing is 16610 and not 16613?

Comment

hey hey bros,

yes I haven't had the time to send to Rolex yet, plus the time is running about 7-10 seconds faster each day, so the shop owner told me to monitor for 1-2 weeks and then bring back to him and he will adjust and regulate for me.

so i think after he regulates it, then i bring down to rolex

S series is 93/94 eh? yea i read online too, which is why I felt that it's strange since he told me it's 10 years old, which wld mean it's actually year 2000 but i dont think they will bluff la, the shop service and people are really really nice.

but based on what the invoice wrote, is there a reason why the casing is 16610 and not 16613?
            No. 16610 is the code for SS Sub while 16613 is the code for TT Sub. There is no reason why 16610 is for TT Sub as there is a code for TT Sub. All Rolex watches come with unique model number, unless some models like 116520 is shared between white or black dial SS Daytona. Since it's on the invoice, I presume it's typo error. If the code engraving on the case is really 16610, then it's Rolex fault, but it's highly unlikely.

Comment

ok when i bring back to him for regulation, I will personally check the numbers

I'm not so concerned about this, but a bit irked by the notion that my watch might be 17 years old already instead of the 10 years old that he claims it to be.

if it really is 2000 model, what serial letter is it supposed to be?

Comment

S series is 93/94

2000 can be a A or P series. Hope it helps.
                Current Collection :

1) Rolex YG White Mother of Pearl Roman Dial Datejust 16018 (8 mil Serial)

2) Rolex YG Black Computer Roman Dial Datejust 16238 (L Serial)

3) Rolex TT Blue Submariner 16613LB (M Serial)

4) Rolex YG Red Vignette DayDate 18038 (8 mil Serial)

5) Rolex PT Pinkish White MOP DayDate 18206 (A Serial)

Comment

thank you!

so strange that the alphabets dont run in order. heh.

i guess i'll wait till he regulates the timing to see what the alphabet ID is.
                  hmm, wonder if I made a good purchase if it's really a watch from 1993.

Comment

The model number has got to be 16613 in between the 12 o'clock lugs.

If it states 16610, request a refund.

Although there is no difference in the case, it will still result in your watch being...a put together piece..."frankenwatch".

Just my 2 cents...

Cheers!
                    [FONT="Verdana"][B]The Best Dive Is Always The Next One[/B][/FONT]

Comment

got ya caeden, i will keep a lookout for that

Comment

Originally posted by caeden View Post
                        The model number has got to be 16613 in between the 12 o'clock lugs.

If it states 16610, request a refund.

Although there is no difference in the case, it will still result in your watch being...a put together piece..."frankenwatch".

Just my 2 cents...

Cheers!
                        x2, if it is a frankenwatch, then it is useless....demand refund.
                        Current Collection :

Comment

omg, now I feel like opening it up myself to see, cannot wait anymore! haha.

Comment

omg, now I feel like opening it up myself to see, cannot wait anymore! haha.
                            Go to a reputable watch maker la, if not we spoilt the watch then sianz. The most i can do is adjust the length of the bracelet.
                            Current Collection :

Comment

i brought my watch back to the shop for regulation, but they needed me to leave for 5 days, so i said I'll take to RSC first, and see if RSC can do it. The ownders were very nice saying if RSC ask me to pay for anything, don't pay and to bring back to them and they will do FOC for me.

But regarding the caseback, the owner said that the 16610 serial is universal for ALL submariner casebacks. Is this true?

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X