Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rolex: buy in Msia?

Hi,

I am a newbie and am looking to make my first purchase. I've been doing some research and was wondering if anyone knows if prices in Malaysia will be cheaper compared to Singapore? I see several ADs in Singapore having boutiques in Malaysia (Hour Glass, Sincere, etc). Given Singapore has 7% GST, in theory, Malaysia is tax free.

Has anyone purchased from Malaysia? Is the prices better?

Originally posted by lolex View Post
    Hi,

I am a newbie and am looking to make my first purchase. I've been doing some research and was wondering if anyone knows if prices in Malaysia will be cheaper compared to Singapore? I see several ADs in Singapore having boutiques in Malaysia (Hour Glass, Sincere, etc). Given Singapore has 7% GST, in theory, Malaysia is tax free.

Has anyone purchased from Malaysia? Is the prices better?
    my adivce is that you pop by into one of the AD in sg. ask them to quote you, be sure if it is cash or cc terms.

then if you happen to be in msia, ask them. sometimes it is cheaper there. however, if u r driving up purposely just to get, then i would suggest u to get it in sg. this way, u can build up a relationship with the AD here for future purchases and after sales service if you feel that they are worth it.

which piece are you getting. if it is more to the common pieces, try to bargain. it seems that these days they are abit over-stocked on some of the sports models like explorer II
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

IMO.. some items are indeed cheaper in m'sia... but generally... things are more ex there...
      A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at the office.

Just me and my NT...

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
        my adivce is that you pop by into one of the AD in sg. ask them to quote you, be sure if it is cash or cc terms.

then if you happen to be in msia, ask them. sometimes it is cheaper there. however, if u r driving up purposely just to get, then i would suggest u to get it in sg. this way, u can build up a relationship with the AD here for future purchases and after sales service if you feel that they are worth it.

which piece are you getting. if it is more to the common pieces, try to bargain. it seems that these days they are abit over-stocked on some of the sports models like explorer II
        Thanks for the replies...

Good suggestion... I do go Malaysia quite frequent for business so next time I am there, I will go prepared...

Good idea too - building up long term relationship with AD... thats one good reason to buy here...

As for which piece, I am looking to get the Submariner.

Comment

Originally posted by lolex View Post
          As for which piece, I am looking to get the Submariner.
          i should be dropping by my AD later this week. i help you check.
          if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

kindly email with
          2. your nick

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

Comment

Wow.. thanks!

Comment

Able to help me check out the EP II white dial as well?
              "Z" Black Dial SS Daytona
              09 IWC BP 5004
              ------------------------------
              WTS: GMT II & EXP II

Comment

Originally posted by oasisash78 View Post
                Able to help me check out the EP II white dial as well?
                sure. however, i do not guarantee it will be the lowest price. the price i get for threadstarter and you is just a reference guide.

however, if you are really keen to get, then have to go down and hassle abit for more discount.

kindly email with
                2. your nick

Comment

sure. however, i do not guarantee it will be the lowest price. the price i get for threadstarter and you is just a reference guide.

however, if you are really keen to get, then have to go down and hassle abit for more discount.
                  Thanks bro. At least I have a base line to work on. Cheers.
                  "Z" Black Dial SS Daytona
                  09 IWC BP 5004
                  ------------------------------
                  WTS: GMT II & EXP II

Comment

i think there's such a thing called luxury tax in malysia

Comment

Originally posted by paithorn View Post
                      i think there's such a thing called luxury tax in malysia
                      Luxury stuff not very cheap there...much cheaper here.

Only those stuff like groceries,petrol...n stuff like u know DVDs..

If down there cheaper than ppl go there buy all the luxury goods there liao

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X