• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confused and need some advices..

Hi Bros,

I would need some advices from you..

The watches I currently owned:

1. Datejust (16220), white face, bought at $4.6k about 6 years ago. rarely worn, maybe less than 20 days in a year.
    2. Omega Sea Master Quartz, bought at 1.9k about 4 years ago, wear it almost everyday
    3. Braune & Mercier, bought 1 year ago at about $2.5K, seldom wear

Currently, I am considering should I trade in the Datejust and/ or Baume & Mercier to buy either one of the following:

1. Submariner with Green berzel
    2. GMT II ( is it with ceramic or w/o)?

Things I not sure :

1. Should I trade in?
    2. If trade in, I is dunno how much can my current watch fetch? Which place will offer better price for trading in?
    3. Should I buy new or pre-owned?
    4. Is there new models coming out for the Submariner or GMT II? Should I wait?

I am confused..

Thanks in advance for any advice!
    A ROLEX WILL NEVER CHANGE THE WORLD. WE LEAVE THAT TO THE PEOPLE WHO WEAR THEM..

B&M is like no resale value 1 la...dun depend on it. Datejust have,I think can fetch a decent 3k+ depending on condition.

If you have nothing against preowned,I would prefer u to get preowned .

Dun bother waiting for new models....well for the GMT II ceramic is the new model already.

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
      B&M is like no resale value 1 la...dun depend on it. Datejust have,I think can fetch a decent 3k+ depending on condition.

If you have nothing against preowned,I would prefer u to get preowned .

Dun bother waiting for new models....well for the GMT II ceramic is the new model already.
      Thanks for your prompt reply!

Ya, the B&M was a mistake..

How much is the GMT II ceramic? new and preowned? Is it red and black colour bezel? How you compare with the sub LV? I dun wan the black bezel cos it will look like my sea master..
      A ROLEX WILL NEVER CHANGE THE WORLD. WE LEAVE THAT TO THE PEOPLE WHO WEAR THEM..

Comment

Originally posted by yaloryalor View Post
        Thanks for your prompt reply!

Ya, the B&M was a mistake..

How much is the GMT II ceramic? new and preowned? Is it red and black colour bezel? How you compare with the sub LV? I dun wan the black bezel cos it will look like my sea master..
        The list price for GMT IIc is S$9599. ADs here are selling them above list ranging in the ballpark of S$10k+ with a waitlist. And no, this is not the older discontinued model where the colored bezel is used.

Here is a photo of a GMT IIc (photo not mine - only used for illustrative purposes):

Btw, there is no comparison with the Sub LV... It really boils down to what you like and what you can afford. The GMT IIc, IMO, has excellent functionality. As for the Sub LV, do you actually intend to go diving with it??
        Time is too precious to be measured by a cheap watch...

Patek 5065, Rolex 16600, 16700, 16710, IWC 3786, JLC Reverso Chrono, PAM 190G, PAM 219I, AP RO Chrono

Comment

Originally posted by chongj88 View Post
          The list price for GMT IIc is S$9599. ADs here are selling them above list ranging in the ballpark of S$10k+ with a waitlist. And no, this is not the older discontinued model where the colored bezel is used.

Here is a photo of a GMT IIc (photo not mine - only used for illustrative purposes):

Btw, there is no comparison with the Sub LV... It really boils down to what you like and what you can afford. The GMT IIc, IMO, has excellent functionality. As for the Sub LV, do you actually intend to go diving with it??
          Thank you! This GMT is very nice! The price is more ex than the sub LV hur?

Its a new model so cant get 2nd hand rite? My seamaster is same colour and almost same pattern as this so if there is other colour bezel?

Comment

1) DJ does not retain its value much. so i would suggest a trade-in for a sports model like the 2 you have in mind.

2) there is a thread on pre-own watches in FAQ. look @ the first post for a list of online website that deals with pre-own. from there, hopefully u can find a price close to the model u have. that should give u a indicative price.

3) personally i dont like pre-own for superstitious reasons. so it is mostly brand new.

4) the sub lv has already been around for some time, price is now about 8200 for new ones. for GMT IIc, the new models is also out. someone selling it @ 9600 in garage sales. this price is close to list.

to buy either one of the following:

1. Submariner with Green berzel
            2. GMT II ( is it with ceramic or w/o)?

Things I not sure :

1. Should I trade in?
            2. If trade in, I is dunno how much can my current watch fetch? Which place will offer better price for trading in?
            3. Should I buy new or pre-owned?
            4. Is there new models coming out for the Submariner or GMT II? Should I wait?

I am confused..

Thanks in advance for any advice!
            if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
            1. subject heading indicating your issue
            2. your nick
            3. your corresponding email address
            4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
              1) DJ does not retain its value much. so i would suggest a trade-in for a sports model like the 2 you have in mind.

2) there is a thread on pre-own watches in FAQ. look @ the first post for a list of online website that deals with pre-own. from there, hopefully u can find a price close to the model u have. that should give u a indicative price.

3) personally i dont like pre-own for superstitious reasons. so it is mostly brand new.

4) the sub lv has already been around for some time, price is now about 8200 for new ones. for GMT IIc, the new models is also out. someone selling it @ 9600 in garage sales. this price is close to list.
              I am big frame, the DJ looks small on my wrist but its my first rolex and though i rare wear it but I still like it. Unless it still can fetch 4K else I will keep it..
              Attached Files

Comment

... can look around.

used ones are going as low as $9200 in some places.

Comment

You mean the used Sub LV or used GMT II? Not so much diff from new one?

Comment

Brand new Sub LV

Brand GMT IIc

brand new price difference of 1400.

You mean the used Sub LV or used GMT II? Not so much diff from new one?
                    Last edited by triton; 24-06-08, 04:53 PM.
                    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                    1. subject heading indicating your issue
                    2. your nick
                    3. your corresponding email address
                    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Thanks! Too bad the sub LV does not have the creamic bezel..

Comment

firstly, welcome to SGROC... Hope u emjoy yr stay here...

Regarding yr post, i think u already hv an idea hw much yr watches r worth shld u decide to flip it... But since i doubt yr DJ can fetch 4k+, that too is out of the pic...
                        U need to asertain what is yr priority... If its BUDGET or design... Budget wise if its less than 9k, u can forget a brand new GMT c II i guess... If u hv no budget, then go try them both to see which appeals to u more... That shld be wat u r after

Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
                        - GMT II
                        - GMT IIc TT
                        - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
                        - Master Eight Days (1608420)
                        - U1
                        - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

Comment

Thank you! I really find this forum very information and I am learning many new things here.

From what I gather, the price of the new and used Sub LV seems to be very close..

I like the GMT II ceramic bezel very much but its in black colour.. Its very close to my seamaster in appreance.

Think this weekend I will make my way to AD and check if they have the Ceramic bezrl with other colour for the Sub or GMT II?

BTW, is the DJ not so valuable anymore? I am surprise my DJ is very new condition and with box and cert but fetching about 3K only..

Comment

At this point of time, ceramic bezel only comes in black.
                            Endo of this year, you will see blue ceramic bezel on 18K WG Subs.

As for your Datejust, because it is a ROLEX, you are getting $3K. If it is other brands, $300 maybe....

Thank you! I really find this forum very information and I am learning many new things here.

From what I gather, the price of the new and used Sub LV seems to be very close..

I like the GMT II ceramic bezel very much but its in black colour.. Its very close to my seamaster in appreance.

Think this weekend I will make my way to AD and check if they have the Ceramic bezrl with other colour for the Sub or GMT II?

BTW, is the DJ not so valuable anymore? I am surprise my DJ is very new condition and with box and cert but fetching about 3K only..

Comment

No....the ceramic bezel comes in black ONLY,for GMT II ONLY.

DJ is not valuable coz no demand...flooded in the market also

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X