Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Change in Serial number for latest batches of Rolex?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change in Serial number for latest batches of Rolex?

Hi, I would like to know how true is this info. I just bought my ladies datejust at THH on Sat. Serial no is 025T13Y3. I realised that it is not the same as the older ones with an alphabet in front representing M series etc.. I asked the AD and he told me the latest serial no all like that. Is it true?? Then Mine is considered what series? No series??

According to the AD, prices of rolex only increases and will never fall.. TRUE??
    Because while browsing throught the threads, I realised that Datejust cost about the same in year 2008 and in 2010, but I thought prices increases every year by a few percent? So does it mean that Prices actually fell between 2008 and 2010?

I was given a choice to buy Patek Philippe by hubby and I chose Rolex. Reason is because I thought PP is not worth the money. Am I stupid?

Lastly, this is my first rolex brand new from AD, it feels different owning a brand new piece! I owned a preowned from a forumer here for a few months and sold it at only $20 profit.

Thank you!

You have asked some interesting questions...

What your AD has said is all correct... The serial no is the latest one. LIST PRICE will only increase every year but SELLING PRICE I am not sure...

You are not stupid not to buy Patek. It is cheaper to repair a Rolex than Patek. Patek is just a name, some of its Quartz models are also "rubbish" watch... datejust is evergreen... =D

Lastly, can you think of any other goods, eg. car, handbag, handphone which can let you use for sometime and sell it for a $20 profit?

Comment

1:Yours is a alpha numeric series, consists of random number with alphabet and yes that is the latest series after V.
      2:I would say not only for Rolex but also for many other brands too that their price will only be goin up and not the other way round. But different brand have different policy about price increment so it will be depends on how often they increase their price, by how many percent and is it the whole range of watch or only for certain model or certain material.
      3:I think this is up to personal preference, different people have their own valuation, to some they will think that all this luxury watches are actually a waste of money so most important is you like the watch as you are the one who gonna wear it.
      Lastly, congrats on your new watch. Hope to see some photo of it soon.

Originally posted by ocoloco79 View Post
      Hi, I would like to know how true is this info. I just bought my ladies datejust at THH on Sat. Serial no is 025T13Y3. I realised that it is not the same as the older ones with an alphabet in front representing M series etc.. I asked the AD and he told me the latest serial no all like that. Is it true?? Then Mine is considered what series? No series??

According to the AD, prices of rolex only increases and will never fall.. TRUE??
      Because while browsing throught the threads, I realised that Datejust cost about the same in year 2008 and in 2010, but I thought prices increases every year by a few percent? So does it mean that Prices actually fell between 2008 and 2010?

I was given a choice to buy Patek Philippe by hubby and I chose Rolex. Reason is because I thought PP is not worth the money. Am I stupid?

Lastly, this is my first rolex brand new from AD, it feels different owning a brand new piece! I owned a preowned from a forumer here for a few months and sold it at only $20 profit.

Thank you!

Comment

Very good replies from the seniors here. But one thing bothers me though. Why not PATEK PHILIPPE (PP)?! If I was given a choice to receive a gift, either for a PP or ROLEX, I'll highly likely go for the former.
        The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

although rolex announced that after V series, it will be the alphanumeric series. however, there are some rolex models having G and J series. so what your AD say is partial true that all latest series are alphanumeric.

rolex list price over the past decade has increased. as you are browsing the threads here, you said the price seem pretty constant over the period 2008 to 2010. are you referring to preown selling price or brand new piece. even if it is brand new piece, you have to understand that the discount given various from customer to customer so if customer A buys in 2008 with 10% discount and customer B buys in 2009 with 20% discount, it can end up both customer selling about the same price.

all watches are not worth its value. why? because watches like rolex and PP are considered wants not needs. a $30 watch can tell you the same time as a $30000 rolex or $30000 pp. so what is a watch worth is subjective.
          if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
          1. subject heading indicating your issue
          2. your nick
          3. your corresponding email address
          4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

after seeing all the veterans reply,i learn alot.Thanks for the lesson learn.hope to learn more.
            累了才放慢脚步; 错了才想到后悔;苦了才懂得满足;伤了 才明白坚强; 醉了才知道难忘 ; 笑了才体会美丽!

是否我沉默了,你才能听到我的心声?是否我停止了,你才能看到我的眼泪?是否我心碎了,你才会摸到我的心痛?是否我消失了,你才会知道我的存在?

Comment

wow, thank you for the replies, it is indeed very informative! So serial no G and J newer/better? Or alphanumeric newer/better? PP cost more than $30K for the model I like, not worth it.. To me, a 10K plus watch is already ridiculous, but I would love to own a luxury watch at a reasonable price. I bought 179173 with diamond markers at 10K+. I forgot to ask the AD to open up the watch to check serial number, should I go back to ask him check or is it too late to do so if the number happens to be different from the serial no in my guarantee card?

For a watch that cost over 10K, I find it a waste to wear it only on special occassions.. I intend to wear it everyday, but I am quite rough and kept knocking here and there.. Its is only 3 days old and there is a knock at the side already I hope to stop at one rolex, too ex to own more than one. Hope that this datejust can last me a life time and able endure my everyday unintentional abuse... Anyone wear a datejust everyday for many years? Advisable?

Comment

is newer = better? i dont know. everyone has their own preference

wow, thank you for the replies, it is indeed very informative! So serial no G and J newer/better? Or alphanumeric newer/better?
                as mentioned earlier, how is it worth is personal.

PP cost more than $30K for the model I like, not worth it.. To me, a 10K plus watch is already ridiculous, but I would love to own a luxury watch at a reasonable price.

i think you can see your serial number @ the 6 o'oclock position on the inner case just slightly above the dial.

I bought 179173 with diamond markers at 10K+. I forgot to ask the AD to open up the watch to check serial number, should I go back to ask him check or is it too late to do so if the number happens to be different from the serial no in my guarantee card?
                if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

kindly email with
                2. your nick

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
                  i think you can see your serial number @ the 6 o'oclock position on the inner case just slightly above the dial.
                  Hi TRition, you mean I do not need to open the casing at all?

Comment

no. i guess yours is the latest series

kindly email with
                    2. your nick

Comment

wow, thank you for the replies, it is indeed very informative! So serial no G and J newer/better? Or alphanumeric newer/better? PP cost more than $30K for the model I like, not worth it.. To me, a 10K plus watch is already ridiculous, but I would love to own a luxury watch at a reasonable price. I bought 179173 with diamond markers at 10K+. I forgot to ask the AD to open up the watch to check serial number, should I go back to ask him check or is it too late to do so if the number happens to be different from the serial no in my guarantee card?

For a watch that cost over 10K, I find it a waste to wear it only on special occassions.. I intend to wear it everyday, but I am quite rough and kept knocking here and there.. Its is only 3 days old and there is a knock at the side already I hope to stop at one rolex, too ex to own more than one. Hope that this datejust can last me a life time and able endure my everyday unintentional abuse... Anyone wear a datejust everyday for many years? Advisable?
                      10K watch knock here knock there.. OH! Pl don't come near me..
                      The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

i wear my S/S dj everyday. frankly, i think it's built like a tank. lol. the case might not endure the abuse. but im sure the movement and crystal will. i've seen many insanely abused rolexes and how much ordeal they've survived. haha. well as a close friend/pre-owned SA once said to me: "if u want to protect ur rolex perfectly, wrap a plastic bag around it on ur wrist." lol.

Comment

very useful information here. never knew all this.

Comment

WOw, a tank! Anyway, it is now with many scatches at the side of the watch case without the crown.. quite heart pain.. I made an effort to becareful, but dunno why still kept knocking here and there and whenever I heard a "dong"(metal knocking onto metal), my heart sank.. Guessed I have to live with it..

Comment

WOw, a tank! Anyway, it is now with many scatches at the side of the watch case without the crown.. quite heart pain.. I made an effort to becareful, but dunno why still kept knocking here and there and whenever I heard a "dong"(metal knocking onto metal), my heart sank.. Guessed I have to live with it..
                              The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X