Paul Newman Daytona in 1967

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paul Newman Daytona in 1967

Paul Newman Daytona was launched in 1967 with the list price of US$150.
    Using the value of money converter - with 4.4% inflation per year, in today's dollar term, it is US$984.57. I know this watch is fetching an arm and leg today.

Anyone know what is the original price of the submariner 16800 when first introduced in late 70's and 16610 in 1989? I believe the 16800 is the first sub with sapphire crystal.

I'm still a newbee to Rolex, pls correct if any mistakes in the finding.

Originally posted by benbean View Post
    Using the value of money converter - with 4.4% inflation per year, in today's dollar term, it is US$984.57. I know this watch is fetching an arm and leg today.

Anyone know what is the original price of the submariner 16800 when first introduced in late 70's and 16610 in 1989? I believe the 16800 is the first sub with sapphire crystal.

Correction: Paul Newman Daytona costs 2 arms, 2 legs and a head!

Comment

Not quite a Newman but a 6263 from 1982 when bought by my Father it cost him £785 he was going to buy a Sub .But the Daytona was cheaper and they gave him a discount,the watch now belongs to me and I would never sell it at any price.

Comment

WOW thanks for sharing. Interesting you mentioned that it was cheaper than the sub at that time - your dad made the right choice.
        Its a heirloom.

Comment

WOW!!! If you still have the box and papers, you could easily command USD $40k.
          Thanks for sharing.

Comment

WOW thanks for sharing. Interesting you mentioned that it was cheaper than the sub at that time - your dad made the right choice.
            Its a heirloom.
            Originally posted by kenlinliu1419 View Post
            WOW!!! If you still have the box and papers, you could easily command USD $40k.
            Thanks for sharing.
            Well in 1986 a 16800 Submariner cost £1012 while a 6263 Daytona cost just £882 at this time the Daytona was very very poor sellers.Interesting the Oysterquartz Ref 1700 at this time was almost as expensive as the Sub at £992 ,DJ Ref 1600 £840 and the GMT Ref 16750 £834.And yes I have the box and full papers even the original payment receipt but its not for sale at any price well not as long as I am still breathing.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
            Working...
            X