resale market value

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• resale market value

CNY all bro and sis... would like to have your opinion regarding the resale market value of rolex watches. i am now choosing between preowned Submariner ND, datejust with diamond makers and GMT master with single lock. Would like to have your wonderful votes. i like all these 3 but can only choose 1... thanks...
    Men size Datejust with diamond markers
    9.68%
    M movement Submariner no date
    41.94%
    GMT Master with single lock
    48.39%

The poll is expired.

Last time I lose 1/4 of the purchase price while selling my 14060m..

Comment

I voted for GMT... get the pepsi!!!

Comment

My vote goes to GMT Master....Datejust with diamonds and 14060M don't retain value as well.

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

what is gmt-master with single lock?

Comment

Buy a GMT-master and get a free lock???

Originally posted by leslie View Post
            what is gmt-master with single lock?

Comment

I think is GMT-Master with bracelet screws secured with locktite..haha

Comment

Originally posted by miumiu View Post
                CNY all bro and sis... would like to have your opinion regarding the resale market value of rolex watches. i am now choosing between preowned Submariner ND, datejust with diamond makers and GMT master with single lock. Would like to have your wonderful votes. i like all these 3 but can only choose 1... thanks...
                You should buy the watch you want and why worry about resale value.Owning a Rolex is not all about $$$$$$$$ its about owing one of the finest watches made today.And knowing that watch will be accurate to mechanical standards,and with just a little bit of care from its owner. It will last a life time and beyond thats what wearing and owning a Rolex watch is all about AND NOT ALL ABOUT $$$$$$$$.

Comment

i like all 3 of the series i mentioned but i can only choose one.... i just want to narrow down which is the one i going to buy and so the resale market value comes in..

Comment

Seriously I think unless u re-sell 20-30 years later, u may break-even or even make a bit of $...
                    But again, because of inflation sets in and the value of $ drops...

In the drawer
                    R 6694 / TH 3000 / R 79240 / R 16610 V / B Aviator / O PO / R 178341 /
                    L Pilot Miyota Type-B / G Incursore / FC Healey

NIB Omega Planet Ocean 42mm for sale.

Comment

there is a lot of saying, nobody plans to buy and sell.. what if one day there is really a need to sell due to some financial problem. Nobody out there can predict what is going to happen. some ppl ask for resale market value and asking if they will suffered a big loss is because they treasure their hard earned money. as newbie here or out there, i feel that if we can find some answer from here, we hope that expert bro and sis will have answers to our queries.

Comment

If most of us tell you that GMT got higher resales,
                        than you go for GMT.

Than,maybe 5 years later you decide to sell,
                        by that time,DJ & ND sub resales value is higher than GMT?
                        Can that happen??

If you chose between the 3,GMT you have to pay more.
                        WHY????
                        Because among the 3,GMT is the highest demand among the 3.

Actually,I been though your stage before.
                        So I know how you feel.

Put the 3 watch together,see which 1 smile to you more.(my view)

Comment

IMHO GMT judging from the market movement & tranxs. What is single lock? Single line on crown ha?

I dont buy watch for $$$ resale but more like passion & want basis
                          Last edited by chrislkb; 06-02-11, 12:28 PM. Reason: Update

Comment

I guess Miumiu is carefully placing his monies on a watch that possibly could depreciate the less as I believed all 3 watches are his most preferred.

My personal view echoes that of mr Heng, currently the ball is in the sports model court and we can't predict when the next throw will be in. Hence if you are committed to a sports watch, in this case the sub and gmt, you might be paying a good price for it which in the future we could not be 100% sure that they are still the hot favorite.

While currently the DJ in the market might be slightly more advantageous in term of pricing.
                            And who knows that the once gurdy gold might be a hit among the crowd?

Pardon for my long post but some thoughts that were generated out.

My vote goes to the Watch that I feel Miumiu is gonna get it for.

Is it gonna get frequent wrist time ? Yes , get the sub or gmt.
                            If it's gonna be showcased on functions ? Yes, get the elegant DJ.

If I were to make a decision, based on my current status, I am getting a GMT first . Probably a Dj later when it's time to la kopi.
                            The time in life is perpertually moving forward while that in the watch is going in circles.

Comment

Originally posted by miumiu View Post
                              there is a lot of saying, nobody plans to buy and sell.. what if one day there is really a need to sell due to some financial problem. Nobody out there can predict what is going to happen. some ppl ask for resale market value and asking if they will suffered a big loss is because they treasure their hard earned money. as newbie here or out there, i feel that if we can find some answer from here, we hope that expert bro and sis will have answers to our queries.
                              Very hard to say one lor.. Back in yr 2000-2001 explorer was selling like hot cakes and the prices even went up to 8k (Takuya Kimura was wearing one back in those days).. And look at the resale market of explorer nowadays..

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X