Guide : Buying Rolex in Europe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guide : Buying Rolex in Europe

Is rolex (sport series) cheaper in Italy, Milan?

Thanks

err... not sure because I've never been to italy before. But I don't think it'll be significantly cheaper
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today. -James Dean

Comment

Controlled price la...wont be anything significant

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

duno about you guys but my ex-colleague who went to EUROPE and Switzerland all said its cheaper to get it over there leh....

Too bad when I wuz studying there, didn't have interest in Watches, didn't know much about it and didnt have the cash to...

Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
        - GMT II
        - GMT IIc TT
        - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
        - Master Eight Days (1608420)
        - U1
        - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

Comment

Originally posted by jazz_samz View Post
          duno about you guys but my ex-colleague who went to EUROPE and Switzerland all said its cheaper to get it over there leh....

Too bad when I wuz studying there, didn't have interest in Watches, didn't know much about it and didnt have the cash to...
          in swiss, not so. depends on how much discount you can get locally. last year out of 5 rolex watch prices i checked only 1 was cheaper than sg after claiming back VAT.
          if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
          1. subject heading indicating your issue
          2. your nick
          3. your corresponding email address
          4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

I thought most of the people likes to come to Asia for watch instead of going to Europe

Cheerio,

Comment

Originally posted by ^Lee^ View Post
              I thought most of the people likes to come to Asia for watch instead of going to Europe

Cheerio,
              from what i know (prove me wrong if you can), goods manufactured in a country and exported is usually cheaper then goods sold locally.

ie. an asus laptop sold in taiwan will be more expensive then the same laptop sold in s'pore.

so i was told.... so i could have been given wrong info
              [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
              [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
              Blue 6694
              Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
              [U]"My collection"[/U]:
              [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Guide : Getting Rolex in London

Hi,

Any one bought Rolex in London before? Will it be cheaper? Cos going in Dec...

- Whats the discount for Date Just Ladies?
                - Tax rebates and the procedures...
                - Does this price list still valid? (http://www.minus4plus6.com/rolex-pricelists.htm)

Thanks in advance...
                Used to wear - Tag Heuer SEL Series
                Now Wearing - Seiko
                Soon to buy - Rolex Datejust 116234
                Future Buys - Pre-own Omega Speedy Pro for Daily Use

Comment

UK GST is known as Value Added Tax or VAT. Their VAT is 17.5%. Tax rebate procedure is close to Singapore.. the shop you bought the goods from will fill in the form for you, you deposit at the airport and rebate will be via CC... Thats was what I did 5 yrs back lah.. duno hw much this changed.

But note tat you will not get the FULL 17.5% back, they will deduct 30 to 80 SGD per form submitted depending on the value for administration fee...

THats all I can advice you bro.. duno abt their AD or discount available, back then not really keen on watches... LEts wait for other brother's input...

Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
                  - GMT II
                  - GMT IIc TT
                  - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
                  - Master Eight Days (1608420)
                  - U1
                  - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

Comment

Be Selective in UK

Originally posted by The Guru View Post
                    Hi,

- Does this price list still valid? (http://www.minus4plus6.com/rolex-pricelists.htm)

Thanks in advance...

Dear Guru

I have been living and working in the UK after I finished my studies here. There is a different way of doing business in this side of the world. As for Rolex and Panerai, don't expect any discount unless it's a very unpopular model. Ask very nicely as some AD's are very rude and arrogant - esp to Asian tourists. I personally have bought most of my Rolex watches when I return to see my parents in SG where discounts can be found easily in KHH/THG. So, be selective, you might be pleased to know that AD's here do not sell the hard-to-get models like Milgauss, GMT IIC at premiums.

In Feb, before the price rises I bought a Sub LV for list price at £3030 and then a Pam 219 Destro for £2700. No discount was given. After getting these two, I have developed a good relationship with my AD and they have informed me that price rises from 1 Sept will take effect for Panerai (Rolex likely). So, last week, after ringing them up to enquire about their stock,my SE said they would be pleased to sell me their Pam 0000 and 00005 at list price at £2200 and £2300 respectively before the increase. They would be keeping their other stock in the safe until the rise. I immediately drove down to buy the 2 Pams. My AD has a good range of Pams and they stock more than the ADs I've seen in Oxford, Birmingham, Leeds, London, and Singapore. They even have a 113, 112, 40 and 191. Although I'm not eligible for tax rebates, I'm glad I bought my 3 Pams here all at list price w/o discounts. I live in Oxford but I drive about 1 hr to see my AD, who is 'George Pragnell the jewellers' in Stratford-upon-Avon (Shakespeare's Home Village). So if you go to Stratford to see Shakespeare's house, pay them a visit. The larger AD's like Goldsmiths, watches of Switzerland are where most people go to so their stocks for popular models can be quite low. The smaller AD's outside main cities may have slightly larger stocks. My AD's website is: www.pragnell.co.uk

Note, if you pay by credit card, and if it has no chip and pin, ask your bank if transactions over certain amts will be approved overseas. UK banking system is very backward - even if you pay by debit card, for amounts over £2000, the bank will do security check with you.

Comment

UK Rolex price increase in Sept most likely

I have spoken with my AD, she said that Rolex UK will most likely increase their prices by about 10% across the range in Sept/October. Time will tell and it is most likely because of the weakening £ against the Euro. As for discount, I asked if she could give me good price off a Cartier Santos for my mother, she said she could only give £100 off brining the price to £2300. I would buy a Cariter in SG obviously.

Comment

Originally posted by The Guru View Post
                        Hi,

Thanks in advance...
                        I had compared prices previously...(2 years ago)... Generally Rolexes are more expensive in UK.. IMO

Comment

well-said

In other words, buy a Rolex or any watch in the UK only if it is a hard-to-find one that commands a premium in SG. Only the Milgauss (white/Black £3180, GV: £3380) and GMT IIC (£3600) would be cheaper here than Sg. British AD's don't sell at premiums - except for Daytonas.

Comment

Originally posted by profjohn View Post
                            In other words, buy a Rolex or any watch in the UK only if it is a hard-to-find one that commands a premium in SG. Only the Milgauss (white/Black £3180, GV: £3380) and GMT IIC (£3600) would be cheaper here than Sg. British AD's don't sell at premiums - except for Daytonas.
                            Agreed.. then, demand in Uk for Special Edition Rolexes are also not easy to find considering the high demand there..

Comment

yeah but

it depends, my AD has a black Milgauss, SS GMT IIC + TT GMT IIC in stock - all selling at list. The GMT IIC is not as hard to get a hold of as a sub or SD - wait no more than 2 months. Eventually, the Milgauss and GMT IIC will be dimes in the dozen, they won't be as scarce as Daytonas.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X