No announcement yet.

alphabet series vs alphanumeric series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i already said that there is no such claims as mentioned by you. so who you spoke to in RSC gave you this.

Originally posted by triton View Post
    as far as i am concerned, COSC does not issue the numbers as claimed by you. that is why i ask you to verify. then you ask me to call RSC.

can you verify this?
    Originally posted by nim
    call RSC if you have doubts
    they are friendly people
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

U got COSC number? i can't locate through google. Appreciate your assistance.

Originally posted by nim
      why not call COSC and clarify further
      if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

kindly email with
      2. your nick

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

Comment

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/COSC

Read under standards and methods 1st paragraph. But of course wiki can be unreliable sometimes
        Hope it helps

Comment

the fact still remains that there is no way to verify that even if COSC issues a number to every movement and this number is used to tag rolex movement as mentioned by you.

Originally posted by nim
          its a fact COSC issue number for every movement that passed its tests
          you can try to get COSC contact from rolex, but i doubt they will entertain you

kindly email with
          2. your nick

Comment

COSC does issue a number for every movement that passed its tests with its result. Unlike panerai, rolex does not provide the cert to us.
            IWC Top Gun Doppler
            Pam 312K
            Cartier Santos 100
            Rolex SS GMT IIC M-Series
            Rolex SS Submariner LVC (Hulk) Alpha
            Rolex SS Explorer 1 214270 G-Series
            Tag Heuer Monaco Calibre 12 Gulf Limited Edition
            Omega Seamaster 300m Diver

Comment

1. Rolex base plate have number. To make its accuracy the center wheel, second wheel, third wheel, escape wheel, hair spring, balance wheel, their holding jewel positions... Etc

2. Too bad Rolex does not issue cosc certificate like panerai. An interesting paper.

3. It does not make sense to me to stamp the serial after cosc tested the movement. As this means they have to disassemble, stamp serial, rhodium plate and assemble movement. Accuracy no longer the same.
              Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

i stand corrected if i have not been clear that the movement that is tested by COSC with number that is used by rolex for its movement. as pointed by you that rolex does not issue the COSC certification number to customers. as such there is no way to verify that the movement number is indeed the number that COSC issues the certification with.

interesting point to note is that is this certification is dated/issued @ which date. this is because the certification does indicate for which watch, but does panerai issue such certificate currently? this is because i saw my friend's panerai watch and there is only a movement 'sticker'. does this movement number sticker = the COSC certificate number?

Originally posted by triton View Post
                the fact still remains that there is no way to verify that even if COSC issues a number to every movement and this number is used to tag rolex movement as mentioned by you.
                Originally posted by fishcake2005 View Post

COSC does issue a number for every movement that passed its tests with its result. Unlike panerai, rolex does not provide the cert to us.

kindly email with
                2. your nick

Comment

Maybe they stamp it then send of COSC testing?

Originally posted by Watcha View Post
                  1. Rolex base plate have number. To make its accuracy the center wheel, second wheel, third wheel, escape wheel, hair spring, balance wheel, their holding jewel positions... Etc

2. Too bad Rolex does not issue cosc certificate like panerai. An interesting paper.

3. It does not make sense to me to stamp the serial after cosc tested the movement. As this means they have to disassemble, stamp serial, rhodium plate and assemble movement. Accuracy no longer the same.

Comment

For panerai basically no seconds hand no cosc, in house no cosc.
                    Too many variations. I m not knowledgeable enough to track all.
                    Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

Rolex will no longer follow the Alpha system.Those new models will also come with Random Alphas.So if it comes with i.e. G, M its new and ok to purchase. No worries.

Comment

Since when have ROLEX made any official announcement on their numbering systems?
                        The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

As of now THG have both G Series and Alphanumeric Series in the Explorer 2......

Given the choice what would you choose bros ?
                          ROLEX.

Comment

Originally posted by Dfive View Post
                            As of now THG have both G Series and Alphanumeric Series in the Explorer 2......

Given the choice what would you choose bros ?
                            I would go for alphanumeric. All my three Rolexes (116610LV, 116710LN & 216570) are alphanumeric series.

Not that G series is no good, and neither am I implying that alphanumeric is better/newer. It's just a PERSONAL preference

Comment

Strangely my "older" 216570 is alphanumeric while my later acquisition, 116610LN, is a g series...makes no difference to me though. Both are stunning!

Comment

Hi folks.
                                Reviving an old thread here to seek advice. I'm eyeing a pre own daytona. There's a receipt which shows previous owner bought from local AD in 2013, so should only about 1 yr old. but the serial no starts with G. Any idea why this is so? And does this mean that this piece was already manufactured more than 2yrs ago?
                                Appreciate any experienced advice here cuz im wondering if the price im paying for this is fair. Thanks!
                                Daytona Everose Chocolate Dial
                                GMT-Master II Black and Blue Ceramic Bezel
                                Tag Heuer Kirium Series Black Dial

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X