Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dont be shy ladies, share your perspective on watches.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dont be shy ladies, share your perspective on watches.

SG-ROC noticed that there is a growing number of female members registering in this forum. as such, this section is specially catered for females to ask questions regarding watches and others as well.

SG-ROC wishes to encourage female members to post and ask questions. you have the ability to wear both men's and women's watches. but the men can't.
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

"you have the ability to wear both men's and women's watches. but the men can't."

I can ..
    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

u want to wear ladies DJ?

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
      "you have the ability to wear both men's and women's watches. but the men can't."

I can ..
      if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

kindly email with
      2. your nick

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

Comment

But please don't ask us men if your watch matches your dress or shoes.

Comment

a warm welcome to our 2 new 'female' members

kindly email with
          2. your nick

Comment

A laudable effort to create a space for female members.

However, the forum theme "Ladies to Ask Questions about Watches" is too general and in some way overlaps with some other forums. For example, if a lady memeber has a question about a rolex sport model, should she post her question under "sport series", "rolex concierge service", or this new forum? If all questions from ladies about watches are supposed to be posted in this new forum, including questions about unisex or men's watches (asked by ladies), what do we achieve in having this new forum apart from seperating the ladies from the men?

Would it be better to have the forum as "Questions about ladies' watches/stuffs", or "Ladies' watches and stuffs", or simply "Ladies' watches"?
            Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

Another grey area - if I as a man want to ask a question about a ladies' watch, do I go to this new forum???

Comment

You may choose to do so because once more lady watch lovers come in to share with us, you are likely better able to get good responses for your 'lady watches' queries. If not, the men can come in to share unless the administrator bar us, men, from entering here
                The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
                  You may choose to do so because once more lady watch lovers come in to share with us, you are likely better able to get good responses for your 'lady watches' queries. If not, the men can come in to share unless the administrator bar us, men, from entering here
                  Then it sounds more like "Questions about ladies' watches" rather than "Ladies to ask questions..."

Comment

Yeah, I agree that the title may need some 'tweaking'. Because at the end of the day, we want more robust discussions and sharing sessions among the ladies in the forum. Hence this new platform would and should not only serve as only on watches but many other ladies' stuff, ranging from health to beauty, other luxuries to family-related topics.

Why am I still talking here?! Ladies, com'on!
                    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Yes I applaud and support the initiative and the intention to encourage more involvement from the ladies. What I am saying is that the theme/title of the forum could be better.

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik
                        My wrist is small enough to carry that off. Should not be a problem
                        then i guess a DJ must be on your next purchase list, can share with your wife too!
                        Don't trust anyone too much, even your own shadow leave you when you are in darkness.

Comment

any suggestions for theme/title?

Originally posted by pegasi View Post
                          Yes I applaud and support the initiative and the intention to encourage more involvement from the ladies. What I am saying is that the theme/title of the forum could be better.

kindly email with
                          2. your nick

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
                            any suggestions for theme/title?
                            See my first post in this thread

Comment

i see where you are coming from. this sub category intention is for ladies to seek opinions and suggestions. this is because there are female in sg-roc facebook seeking opinions. with facebook, there are limited views. so to provide these female watch enthusiasts, getting them to post here probably have a more opinions and more diverse discussion.

i also agree that it can viewed as discrimination. the idea is to create an environment for ladies only. just like in some malls, there are lots for hybrid cars and there lots catered for families with kids. so are these malls discriminating as well?

watches has been viewed as 'male' dominated. look @ the ratio of men's automatic watches against female automatic watches. females may not be interested in the movement of the watch. some female are more inclined towards the aesthetics. for female watch lovers, they can look @ different angles.

as such, this category is for fellow female to share their opinions. male can share their opinions here as well. female thinking are different from men. that is why sometimes a female opinion and view compared to 10 male opinion and view carries more weight.

as a watch forum, the theme focus of discussion should be on watches. however, there can be discussion on other aspects as well. there is an increasing number of female watch enthusiasts, look at some of the other watch gatherings, there are getting more and more female participants.

as male have offered to open doors for ladies, saying ladies first. why can't sg-roc have a category that caters for ladies? i am sure there are male members here who seeks opinions from their partners on the watches they want to buy. why can't ladies have a say? if a male wants to buy a watch for his spouse and wants ladies opinion, you are free to post either in this category or otherwise.

there are many different views. your concerns are valid. however, if we don't try, we wont know. this forum could the first to have a separate special forum for DIY on watch accessories. now, we are trying something different. let's take it one step @ a time. hopefully this will grow.

kindly email with
                              2. your nick

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X