Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grey sets, PI sets...what are they? Don't be confused!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grey sets, PI sets...what are they? Don't be confused!

Every once in awhile I will get this question...what's a grey set?

There's actually a confusion in today's market which have been caused by a misinterpretation.

These are the interpretations from my knowledge...

In the states..

Watch is from an non-authorised dealer, warranty without authorised AD stamp because they are not authorised dealers themselves. Watch comes with everything that you should get from an AD, just less the stamp but they provide inhouse warranty.

Typically they buy from ADs in large quantities and sell you at a good discount from the controlled discount amount.

They are usually brands like Longines, Tag Heuer, Omega and most other big brands who aren't too strict.

In sunny Singapore...and our cozy forum..

I would term it as PI set to be technically correct. The watches have their warranty cards stamped by an overseas AD and warranty is honoured by the agent in Singapore. And sold by resellers who import them from overseas.

101% the same as what you will get in the local stores, just that the stamp is by overseas AD but most importantly the watch can be serviced within warranty period by agent.

This is typically for Rolex. Of course some other brands too like...Sinn.

When we are talking about electronics...

Their agents in different countries are different sometimes, their warranty usually is for local sets unless otherwise stated. Therefore an export set/overseas set,even though with warranty stamped is not recognized by the local agent.

There's always a confusion in Singapore with their mindset of preferring local sets for those who are not as knowledgable. They get mixed up with what happens in the electronics industry with the watch industry.

I hope this helped you guys gain some knowledge, and please point out my mistake if I did.

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
Working...
X