Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brand new in 2nd hand shop ?

Hi All,

I went to one 2nd-hand shop last week looking for a Rolex Submariner and Datejust. Apparently they also sell brand new Rolex and according to them, they are able to sell at a more attractive price then if i buy from AD.

Is that possible ? I thought Rolex prices are controlled (well, at least that's what the ADs told me). If so, any concerns buying from them instead ?

Also, I was looking for a boysize datejust but went to 2 shops and both don't have. Any recommendations on which shops might have a good variety of boysize datejust (am looking for diamond dials, jubilee chain)

Any advice appreciated

kj

Yes it is possible. As long as the watches they are selling are authentic, there should be no issue. You can approach the ROLEX Service Centre (RSC) in Singapore to verify. I believe the major ADs here should have a good range of boy-size DJs. Some you may consider are the Hour Glass, Sincere Fine Watches, Cortina, Tai Hong Hung, Watch Palace, Lee Chay, etc. If it is pre-owned that you are referring to, you can try those shops at Chinatown area at People's Park Complex and Centre.

The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
      Yes it is possible. As long as the watches they are selling are authentic, there should be no issue. You can approach the ROLEX Service Centre (RSC) in Singapore to verify. I believe the major ADs here should have a good range of boy-size DJs. Some you may consider are the Hour Glass, Sincere Fine Watches, Cortina, Tai Hong Hung, Watch Palace, Lee Chay, etc. If it is pre-owned that you are referring to, you can try those shops at Chinatown area at People's Park Complex and Centre.

Thanks ! I was referring to pre-owned for boysize datejusts. Sure, will scout the shops around the area u suggested !

Comment

These 2nd shops potentially buy the brand new watches from overseas. We bought 2 brand new watches from watch arena before and after which sent it to RSC for authentification and it's fine.

Comment

there are cases where the watches warranty are stamped by local AD.

Originally posted by mmm View Post
          These 2nd shops potentially buy the brand new watches from overseas. We bought 2 brand new watches from watch arena before and after which sent it to RSC for authentification and it's fine.
          if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
          1. subject heading indicating your issue
          2. your nick
          3. your corresponding email address
          4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Hi may i know exactly which part of Chinatown? Any unit number?

Comment

It's possible. I think such shops have some connection to bring in brand new pieces from overseas. If not, they buy from some people who sell it for cash. As long as it comes with the paper, you can be assured that it's genuine. If not, just pay additional fees to verify at RSC. I think the additional cost would still be cheaper than buying it directly from AD.

Comment

Got my sub from Koh watches in people park centre (I think), the one nearby Chinatown point. Reasonable prices n quite gd range of selection, all pre owned. It on 2nd floor, their sister shop is AK.
                Current babies:
                Sub 16610LN D series
                PAM 312 M series
                IWC 500112 Laureus Limited Edition

Wish list:
                116613LB?
                a good White dial watch

Comment

Originally posted by kickjazz View Post
                  Hi All,

I went to one 2nd-hand shop last week looking for a Rolex Submariner and Datejust. Apparently they also sell brand new Rolex and according to them, they are able to sell at a more attractive price then if i buy from AD.

Is that possible ? I thought Rolex prices are controlled (well, at least that's what the ADs told me). If so, any concerns buying from them instead ?

Also, I was looking for a boysize datejust but went to 2 shops and both don't have. Any recommendations on which shops might have a good variety of boysize datejust (am looking for diamond dials, jubilee chain)

Any advice appreciated

kj
                  I think you will have to be very careful with these BNIB lobangs cos one of these shops tried to sell me an IWC Pilot Chrono BNIB but when I looked at the strap, it looked as if some 3-Tonner went over it. There were like used marks on the strap & it didnt have that protective plastic over it. The other thing is, some gambler might have lost big when United got beat by City & need fast cash, what he does is he would walk into some AD & use his credit card to buy a popular model- with or without 24 month interest free payment plan. He then sell the watch to a second hand dealer for cash, so sometimes you do get a 'good' deal but I do think the saving is around a few hundreds only.
                  I rather push my Alfa Romeo than drive a BMW

Alfa 1.5 Sprint
                  Alfa 33
                  Alfa 147
                  Alfa GT
                  Alfa Spider 3.2 V6- now
                  Alfa 4C- maybe next time

Comment

Originally posted by kadios View Post
                    Got my sub from Koh watches in people park centre (I think), the one nearby Chinatown point. Reasonable prices n quite gd range of selection, all pre owned. It on 2nd floor, their sister shop is AK.
                    Hi, would u please provide more details on the direction to locate koh watches? Trying to find it but not sure where...thanks n Cheers!
                    My collection

Rolex DateJust 16014,
                    Rolex DateJust 16233,
                    Rolex Submariner 16613LN
                    Rolex GMT-Master IIC 116713LN
                    Rolex Daytona 116523 (Champagne Gold Dial with Diamonds)
                    Rolex Day-Day 1803, 18038 & 18238
                    Omega Seamaster TT Polaris
                    Omega Speedmaster Professional 1861Moonwatch

Wishlist:
                    Short Term Hunt, YM

Long Term Hunt,
                    Rolex DayDate, Omega Cal. 321 and 861 Professional SpeedMaster Moon-watch.

Comment

I believe all you actually need to do is to search for the information here

http://www.sg-roc.com/threads/16822-...hes?highlight=

Got or not?
                      The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

it is already stated, people park centre and second floor already.

so dont really need to search for information here, just go to the building, 2nd floor walk abit can already.

if dont know where is people's park centre, then have to google liao or use GPS or street directory or .......

Originally posted by kadios View Post
                        I believe all you actually need to do is to search for the information here

http://www.sg-roc.com/threads/16822-...hes?highlight=

Got or not?
                        if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                        1. subject heading indicating your issue
                        2. your nick
                        3. your corresponding email address
                        4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Originally posted by Kohky26 View Post
                          Hi, would u please provide more details on the direction to locate koh watches? Trying to find it but not sure where...thanks n Cheers!
                          need ppl to hold ur hand to the shop?
                          累了才放慢脚步; 错了才想到后悔;苦了才懂得满足;伤了 才明白坚强; 醉了才知道难忘 ; 笑了才体会美丽!

是否我沉默了,你才能听到我的心声?是否我停止了,你才能看到我的眼泪?是否我心碎了,你才会摸到我的心痛?是否我消失了,你才会知道我的存在?

Comment

might have to bargain on his behalf too?
                            [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                            [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                            Blue 6694
                            Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                            [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                            [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by illusion84 View Post
                              need ppl to hold ur hand to the shop?
                              Thanks bro for offering to hold my hands...heehee...
                              My collection

Rolex DateJust 16014,
                              Rolex DateJust 16233,
                              Rolex Submariner 16613LN
                              Rolex GMT-Master IIC 116713LN
                              Rolex Daytona 116523 (Champagne Gold Dial with Diamonds)
                              Rolex Day-Day 1803, 18038 & 18238
                              Omega Seamaster TT Polaris
                              Omega Speedmaster Professional 1861Moonwatch

Wishlist:
                              Short Term Hunt, YM

Long Term Hunt,
                              Rolex DayDate, Omega Cal. 321 and 861 Professional SpeedMaster Moon-watch.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X