Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Need for New Rollie Owner

Hi,

I am new to this brand and just gotten my most basic model, a Lady Datejust SS with diamond dial.

However, I regretted not getting the one with diamond bezel now. I thought of going to those goldsmith or second hand shop to do up an aftermarket bezel as the price quoted by RSC is simply not worth the sum (reason being, I don't need or rather, don't prefer too eye-catching diamonds - this is on assumption that the diamonds used by Rolex is of one of the topmost quality, though I understand they don't issue cert for their diamond, unlike one which I got for my tag heuer F1).

Like to ask for advise on the followings:
    1) Is is advisable to got for the change in bezel within my 2 years warranty periood or would you advice getting it done after warranty lapse?
    2) Would the change of bezel affect water resistence level of the watch (I was told that changing of bezel does not "open" up the watch and it's only the surface glass part only and so will not affect water resistence but hear another story from another friend)?
    3) Would you recommend a goldsmith or second hand watch dealer to do up the bezel? I'm dilemma as I trust the diamonds from goldsmith more (even if not that good quality ones) but skill wise, I trust the second hand dealer better? Can anyone share if the quality of second hand dealers are also ok (as in no fake diamonds or so-called white gold but turned out to be not)? I have checked the price for similar size diamonds - it's the same price be it goldsmith or second hand watch dealer.
    4) Would the change in diamond bezel caused some "marks" on the glass or other hardware of the watch (eg, using some sharp object to remove the original bezel)?

Thanks in advance for all advices.

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
Working...
X