What Rolex owners think of Panerai?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Rolex owners think of Panerai?

Just wonder what all of you Rolex lovers think of the brand Panerai?

I am planning to take the plunge and get the PAM359. Two very different watche brand but each with there unique attraction.

How many of you are fans of both and why?

Please also share some photos. Thanks

It's high fashion I guess. I do like their 1950 GMT models with 8 days power reserve.

Comment

Used to be a big fan. But after the Pam 318 movement scandal broke out, felt betrayed by the brand. Never bought another since then, just hold on to my existing Panerais for now.

Comment

what happen with your PAM 318? What was wrong with the movement?

Comment

Lucky me, I never owned a PAM 318.

The scandal I mentioned was all over the PAM fan boards late last year as it was only discovered in 2011, even though the PAM 318 sold out a year earlier (2010). Apparently, Panerai was caught trying to put one over its customers by fitting a very un-finished and even an un-labeled movement into a boutique special edition, the likes of which can only be found in fakes. Unsuspecting owners and PAM fans in general were rudely awakened by this revelation of the level of corporate greed that was engulfing the brand.

More about it here:

http://www.network54.com/Forum/35339...pond+to+emails

http://www.network54.com/Forum/35339...terious+PAM318

Comment

what i think of Pam? nice and over priced.

just my Sixty6 cents

Comment

I do like both but somehow I think sports Rolex maintain their value better. That is why my PAM no. is stagnant!
              His: AP ROO, Hublot BB, PAM 24/29/183/372, Chopard L.U.C 2000/Mille Miglia, Rolex Milgauss 116400 GV/Sub 16610 LV/1680 "Red Sub"/GMT Master 1675/GMT Master II 16760 "FAT LADY"/Seadweller 16600/DSSD 116660, Tudor 94010 "Snowflake"/94200 "BIG Block"/Heritage Chrono/Black Bay, Omega Seamaster 2254.50/2538.20

Hers: AP ROO & AP Millenary, Cartier Santos, Chopard Happy Sports & Cannes Fest, PAM 49, Rolex Explorer1 214270

Comment

I got my first Pam last year and I'm pretty sure based on its quality and build compared to a Rolex, it will be my first and last Panerai. Doesn't come close to a Rolex. JMO.

Comment

From what I see in my office, most executives in the 30s-40s prefer Pams over Rolex anytime. I've own a few Pams and I think there's no problem with the quality. In fact I have a much more expensive watch with quality issues like dropping of a screw. I don't wish to mention the brand but it's quite guessable. I feel most importantly is the design and branding aspect that appeals most to people. Pam is undoubtedly more fashionable looking than rolex and as such, it fits the younger executive customer groups as seen in my office. On the other hand, Rolex seems to be more suitable for the older mature customers who stick closely and loyal to the brand regardless on the design aspect. In the coffeeshops, you'll easily see uncles wearing Rolex but definitely not a Pam. I won't feel good wearing the same brand watch as any uncles in the coffesshops. But that said, I still have a few Rolexes but I rarely wear them. Bought them more for the value and Rolex is undoubtedly the watch for value keeping. Just my one cent opinion...

Comment

Rolex is anytime better cos it's only brand which is know by most people, trying askin an old ah pek do you know the brand panarei?
                    He'll be huh? Also try asking uncle you like Rolex? He will say ya I know lolex. Haha...

Comment

Wow I read the 318 issue. Super disappointing. My god..
                      Pam bye bye. Rolex is also caseback but the movt has full details...
                      Rolex is these best.

Comment

Can't believe PAM would do that without worrying it's reputation. I wonder how many of their fans know the 318 story.

Thanks for the information. I think if you are to buy a PAM, it is better to get a crystal case back so can check the condition of the movement.

Comment

Oops forgot this is a sensitive topic. Anyway just compare ones a rubber strap that don't fit quite well and another is a timeless oyster bracelet. Maybe someone should let loose his panties a size or two, also one of the main reason I don't comment much on this forum. And btw, I've worn a Rolex since when I was 21.

Comment

I have 5 Rolexes and 1 Pam. Even that 1 pam houses a JLC movement! Ha

Comment

Pam is overpriced, whether in house, eta, jlc, Rolex, angelus, soprod movement.

Case finishing not as good as Rolex .

But nice design
                              Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X