Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advisory : Recommendation for first Rolex?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As far as I know ocbc only capped it at 6k maximum, which means max cash back only $540. Condition Is moat be purchased with interest free installment plan.

Today received a quote from a advertiser from sgroc which is ard $2.5k cheaper from AD. Is it reliable to purchase from shop selling overseas AD rolex?

Appreciate if any bros have contact from AD can give more discount.

Thnks a lot.

Comment

Thanks all for the tips!
      Finally got my DSSD yesterday.
      Loving it!

Decided to go with the DSSD since I'm used to big watches. Love the simplicity of the sub but feels really tiny (strictly personal preference). Agreed it is a very classy design and symbolic!

Comment

Congrats on ur DSSD!
        elusive

Comment

Originally posted by theronin View Post
          Thanks all for the tips!
          Loving it!

Decided to go with the DSSD since I'm used to big watches. Love the simplicity of the sub but feels really tiny (strictly personal preference). Agreed it is a very classy design and symbolic!
          excellent choice & do post sm pics of it mate!

Rolex owner since 2010
          Previously owned:
          Explorer II(216570) black dial AN serial
          GMT-Master II(116710LN) AN serial
          Current collection:
          Datejust 36(116234) V serial
          GMT-Master II(116713LN) AN serial
          Upcoming/Wishlist:
          "Hulk" green sub(116610LV)

Comment

Good choice bro, Sub are for all occasion.
            Own one Comex Sub 5514 for 36 years and still ticking.
            Did dives to 200+m with this watch, rugged and distinctive.

Comment

Hi, i love the submariner, i have the submariner date w black dial.
              it is also my first and only Rolex at the moment.

Comment

Thanks all for the tips!
                Loving it!

Congrats on your DSSD! I actually have big wrist and considering 44mm watches. But I prefer the Sub to DSSD partly due to daily wearability. Can you share with us if it feels alright for you as a daily wear?

Comment

Originally posted by Deeptom View Post
                  Good choice bro, Sub are for all occasion.
                  Own one Comex Sub 5514 for 36 years and still ticking.
                  Did dives to 200+m with this watch, rugged and distinctive.
                  Where were your working ? what platforms bro ?
                  ROLEX.

Comment

Originally posted by innseng View Post
                    Congrats on your DSSD! I actually have big wrist and considering 44mm watches. But I prefer the Sub to DSSD partly due to daily wearability. Can you share with us if it feels alright for you as a daily wear?
                    Thanks all for the tips!
                    Loving it!

DSSD is awesome !!
                    ROLEX.

Comment

hi, would also like to know more abt the ocbc promo. Say, if i buy a $10k rolex, can i pay $4k cash and settle the remaining $6k using the promo so as to earn the 9% rebate? Thanks

Comment

n00bz0r Query: What is a good first Rolex?

Hi everyone,

I've been stalking these forums for the past few weeks, reading up on everything Rolex (and alternatives). Finally took action and registered as a forum member cos I have a question to pose to those with opinions.

What's a good Rolex to start with (as opposed to what is a good starter Rolex) to build a collection?

Buyer profile: I'm in my mid-30s, never really been into watches (that was until the COE levels went HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHH over the last 2 quarters). I've a small wrist (boy-sized Tag Heuers were my default for quite a number of years). Budget-wise, I would say I'm comfy to 20k, and willing to stretch if there is a good reason to. I intend to keep the pieces I collect, not as investments, or hedges, but more to pass on to my son when my number's up.

Let the opinions roll in!

Comment

A 2nd hand sub and a daytona...

Comment

Since you indicate this will be the first of a collection, I say start with the iconic Submariner. Within the current Sub range, there are SS (with or without date), TT (black or blue dial), and the green Hulk. I hope you at least know what metal/colour you like.

I saw that someone commented in one thread that the Sub is too common, but then Rolex watches as a whole are very common...
                            Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

Originally posted by joechants View Post
                              A 2nd hand sub and a daytona...
                              I'm partial to new purchases for now. I think once I'm more in the know with the brand, I'll head to the pre-owned market for vintage models.

Originally posted by pegasi View Post
                              Since you indicate this will be the first of a collection, I say start with the iconic Submariner. Within the current Sub range, there are SS (with or without date), TT (black or blue dial), and the green Hulk. I hope you at least know what metal/colour you like.

I saw that someone commented in one thread that the Sub is too common, but then Rolex watches as a whole are very common...
                              LOL well that poster isn't alone in his sentiments.

While not exactly an authority on Rolexes (or timepieces for that matter), here's a good read:

The Argument Against Rolex

The Argument For Rolex

I'm partial to dress watches (mainly because of my small wrists) but a well rounded collection should be a mix - SS, leather straps, HG, Full gold, dress, sports, etc. The Hulk and the Milgauss are definitely on the watch list (as is the Tudor Pelagos. The Black Bay isn't my cup of tea)!

Comment

Maybe you can have a green hulk 116610LV and a gmt2c 116710. Both is rolex iconic model and you can have different color watch to match your clothing instead of the usual black. Furthermore, if you buy in forum here, it should be within your budget. But buying in AD, you might need to stretch a little... Cheers
                                Current:
                                No More Liao...

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X