Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guide : Buying Rolex from Hong Kong (HK)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Oceanklassik,

With your years of experience, do you mind sharing your takes between oversea AD over local AD?

Eugene

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
    I'd say the diff isn't great. I'll choose Singapore to buy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
      I'd say the diff isn't great. I'll choose Singapore to buy.
      The flooding of freshly-minted Chinese cash into Hong Kong means that the dealers no longer offer deals they way they used to do. Go google the blog of HK Watch Snob, he provides an interesting read into the watch scene in Hong Kong plus an idea of what the watch prices are too there.

Comment

• Originally posted by eugeneglen View Post
        Hi Oceanklassik,

With your years of experience, do you mind sharing your takes between oversea AD over local AD?

Eugene
        I'm sorry but I do not have that much experience. From the little I know, there is no difference between the two. An AD is still an AD, be it overseas or local. Most importantly when you make a purchase with an AD, it still boils down to how much savings you can get out of it. I'll turn to any AD who can give me a better discount whether it's a he/she, foreign/local.
        The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

• Originally posted by bttan View Post
          The flooding of freshly-minted Chinese cash into Hong Kong means that the dealers no longer offer deals they way they used to do. Go google the blog of HK Watch Snob, he provides an interesting read into the watch scene in Hong Kong plus an idea of what the watch prices are too there.
          Thanks bro for the informative link!

Comment

• Originally posted by bttan View Post
            Thanks!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
              I'm sorry but I do not have that much experience. From the little I know, there is no difference between the two. An AD is still an AD, be it overseas or local. Most importantly when you make a purchase with an AD, it still boils down to how much savings you can get out of it. I'll turn to any AD who can give me a better discount whether it's a he/she, foreign/local.
              You are right, all depend who can provide the best price. The challenge as a new comer in this industry is to find a AD you trust and its take times and $$$$. Hahaha

Eugene

Comment

• had the same dilemma in the past prices are cheaper in HK compared here in SG but not that much, for now Europe still has the best deal specially in Italy where the tax refund is higher.

Comment

• AD is AD regardless of HK or SG. The price difference is just due to exchange rates between the 2 dollars. Therefore, I tend to think buying in HK would be cheaper if you are from SG because of the strong SG dollars against HK dollars.

Comment

• Hong kong is cheaper but you must have to know well about the shop.

Comment

• it will be interesting

Comment

• Speaking from experience, it depends on a few factors. First, the exchange rate. Second depends on the model. NOt sure about the rate now but when I bought my ex2 in hkg last march, it was significantly cheaper. I got it t sgd9.5k there. Back then AD's in sg were selling the ex2 with a premium over list due to the strong demand for the piece as was just launched. It was selling at between sgd11-13k. But now, it's possible to get it at sgd9.5k as well.
                        I don't have enuf watches but I will stop buying now!
                        http://roguehogticktock.blogspot.sg/

Comment

• Actually I want to buy 116233 in Singpore next week, do not know if the price is cheaper than HK, and the approximately price.

Comment

• HK! NO doubt. Largely due to exchange rate (and no GST).

I bought my Hulk from HK AD at list price, with credit card (bad rate) and it's still 1k cheaper than the AD list price (and the AD won't sell to you at list price!).

I saw explorer II for less than 9k as well. From AD at the Pacific Place. Everything is cheaper in HK (except for accomodation)!

Comment

• Some guide prices for you to compare:
                              Explorer I: HKD48,000 list
                              116000: HKD40,000 list
                              Discount on list 5% and more when ready to deal. Best in cash than credit card for max savings. Warranty valid in Singapore too.

Look for me for HKD exchange!

Originally posted by vzhao View Post
                              Actually I want to buy 116233 in Singpore next week, do not know if the price is cheaper than HK, and the approximately price.

Comment

• it will be cheaper than singapore but you might as well buy the watch from the brothers here as it will be even cheaper.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X