Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Last few days of warranty. What do you do? (urgent)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last few days of warranty. What do you do? (urgent)

Hi,

what can you ask RSC to do for you during the last few days of warranty?

I just got a preowned sub that originated from a local AD. Can I send it in to RSC and ask them to check as the watch is losing seconds everyday? It's free as long as it's under warranty right?

(Maybe it's also to get them to look at the watch and give an 'unofficial inspection')

Can I do it?

Yes u can as long as it's under warranty.
    elusive

Comment

Originally posted by rolexnewb View Post
      Hi,

what can you ask RSC to do for you during the last few days of warranty?

I just got a preowned sub that originated from a local AD. Can I send it in to RSC and ask them to check as the watch is losing seconds everyday? It's free as long as it's under warranty right?

(Maybe it's also to get them to look at the watch and give an 'unofficial inspection')

Can I do it?
      Bro, appreciate to tell which AD sell you the pre-own Rolex, I thought they only sell new, kind of worry will they pass pre-own as new.

Comment

depend on how many seconds per day it is losing
        if within 5 seconds per day, i'd leave it and let the warranty expire
        afterall, if it aint broken, dont fix it; who knows, the service center may give you an unpleasant surprise when they return the watch (eg scratches)
        most likely, they will also tell you your watch needs oiling and crown tubing and caseback seal need to change

Comment

thanks satch, thanks skydweller_sg

I haven't had it certified so I thought I could do this before the warranty ends.

luvtime - I got it from somebody who bought it from a local AD. I didn't mean that I got it direct from a local AD. Sorry for the confusion.

Comment

Originally posted by skydweller_sg View Post
            depend on how many seconds per day it is losing
            if within 5 seconds per day, i'd leave it and let the warranty expire
            afterall, if it aint broken, dont fix it; who knows, the service center may give you an unpleasant surprise when they return the watch (eg scratches)
            most likely, they will also tell you your watch needs oiling and crown tubing and caseback seal need to change
            They are not able to recalibrate the watch on the spot? Sounds troublesome and worrying that they have to keep the watch for a few days...
            GMT Master II TT (116713LN)

Comment

I would just send it in and complain of fogging and inconsistant timing and all.
              MAybe they might throw in a free servicing. Then your watch is worry free for next 3-5 yrs.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
              Working...
              X