Daytona with Date function?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daytona with Date function?

Daytona is arguably one of the best looking watch around.

Wouldn't it be perfect for it to come with a date function?

And a larger case would be ideal too. But most importantly, a more affordable price tag!
    I don't have enuf watches but I will stop buying now!
    http://roguehogticktock.blogspot.sg/

Comment

Hi, you can consider Tudor Chronograph with Oyster bracelet and date.

Comment

Hwy, great suggestions both I have been thinking about this too. A date may be change the look of the dial "too much" conpared to trandition but 42mm? Absolutely perfect! I am lov'in my Explorer II 42mm. It has a better presence compared to those boys on the 40mm, though with the increased lug of Sub C and GMT II, these guys have moved in the right trendy path... cheerio to Rolex the King LOL

Comment

even the king of watch makers succumb to the fashion trend of larger case

Comment

Yup. Should have a date for such a nice watch

Comment

Rolex is a true blue traditionalist in the watch maker industry... hence they wont change the dial design "any-O-how". I have a hunch that Explorer II 42mm is an "experimental" model towards the 42mm case size. If it was a total turn-off in the market, and if Rolex's purist and royal fans are all up in arms against the 42mm tide, they might (just might) stop at EP II. So far it seems, the market is still quite positive about it. A 42mm Daytona in the distance future? Fingers crossed

Comment

Originally posted by shou.biao.kuang View Post
                Rolex is a true blue traditionalist in the watch maker industry... hence they wont change the dial design "any-O-how". I have a hunch that Explorer II 42mm is an "experimental" model towards the 42mm case size. If it was a total turn-off in the market, and if Rolex's purist and royal fans are all up in arms against the 42mm tide, they might (just might) stop at EP II. So far it seems, the market is still quite positive about it. A 42mm Daytona in the distance future? Fingers crossed
                How did you derive at this (see underlined)? I thought it is the other way round. Are the Explorer IIs (216570) selling like "hot cakes" with appreciating value? How about the Datejust IIs?? Are they more popular than the older models in terms of sales and values??? I'm really not sure
                The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Personally, feels that 40mm Daytonas are just right size.

Also, one of the reasons I bought mine was also it have no date, along with my ND 14060M.

Somehow, feels that no date nicer.
                  Breitling Colt Quartz
                  Chopard Millie Miglia
                  Rolex Submariner 14060M
                  JLC Master Control
                  Rolex Daytona TT "Blue Arab"
                  PAM 371 N Luminor Submersible GMT Regatta LE 500
                  Helson 45mm Bronze Shark Diver
                  Steinhart OCEAN One Premium Blue
                  Seiko SRP605K1

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++++++++++++++++

Comment

Hi Oceanklassik, I based my deduction on the reviews about Explorer II 42mm thus far. Many respected forum reviews had been positive, though there were some negative comments (as always) from forumers but its not a total turn off for many :P Ya, I agree that it is not selling like "hot cakes" but Explorer II was never the "more" popular sibiling of greats like Daytona, Sub-C and even GMT! And I feel (again ah gah ah gah) they could have used a less popular model to try out the 42mm case. Can't imagine they were to do it on the former 3 and everyone up in arms against it. Siao liao.... kiss these three kings bye bye... ;-)

Comment

Oh I see

Personally from my observation, I feel that the bigger cased ROLEX models didn't really take off well. And I thought the price for the new Explorer II has been slithering down. Not too long ago, most ADs, if not all, would not display their Explorer IIs openly even if they have them for sale so that it made the watch more wanting. Now..... .. almost every AD I walked in over past weeks have at least a pair of them (black & white) on display and for weeks, unsold! To be fair, it is not only the Explorer IIs that are no longer selling like it used to, I could see the Submariners (ND) 114060, Milgausses (GV), GMT IIs, Explorer Is, being displayed. Of course I was looking out for the stainless steel Daytonas but don't have..hehe

If ROLEX really chases after the "big watch case craze", then I'll say, "ALL THE BEST!" .....
                      The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post

To be fair, it is not only the Explorer IIs that are no longer selling like it used to, I could see the Submariners (ND) 114060, Milgausses (GV), GMT IIs, Explorer Is, being displayed. Of course I was looking out for the stainless steel Daytonas but don't have..hehe

If ROLEX really chases after the "big watch case craze", then I'll say, "ALL THE BEST!" .....
                        Yap I do agree that Rolex sales at the local AD could (based on the above quote and personal observation) have been slower than many years ago. I would attribute this fact partly (and its a large part!) to "grey" watch dealers and forum sales (like SG ROC). These probably could have taken away part of their sales but percentage wise, I have no clue.

Comment

I just hv a gut feeling that the 42mm polar will be a collectors item someday. Just my 2 cents. As long as one has a rolex,no matter what model or style, its an accomplishment itself. I may notbe a fan of the mighty sub,but i still feel happy when i see it on someone else's wrist.
                          Only a Rolex will do for me..a tradition passed down from my father and his father..
                          I have a love-hate relationship with rolex, i hate the prices but love the pieces..
                          Proud owner of a Rolex Explorer II 216570 polar since 27/2/13..okay..not anymore

Comment

Every manufacturer regardless of reputation needs to keep up with time. 42mm would be more popular if not the price premium.
                            my 2 cents.

Comment

I think dsytona looks good as it is. If you want something same size and chrono which looks something like Daytona. Maybe VC overseas chrono? Comes with date too.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X