Grey dealer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grey dealer

Guys, pardon me but I'm new to the scene.

The topic on grey dealer has been discussed numerously but why would anyone be discourage from buying from them? Isn't it the same as buying from an overseas AD?

Is verification from RSC needed when buying from these dealer?

Show some love guys

Comment

by paying $150 at rsc would give u a piece of mind while u slp...y not?

Comment

I guess it all comes down to personal preference. I have bought 7 watches 3 of which have been from ADs but the more I have learnt from this and other forums the smarter shopper I have become. Just bought a BNIB form a grey dealer with my name on the warranty and got some 11% more discount than I was getting at any AD

Comment

obviously there is difference between buying from gray dealer(local) and overseas AD.

gray dealer buys from overseas AD(assume), they get a special price for the watch and bring it back to sg to sell for a profit. this is the first difference. PRICE difference.

whether to verify @ RSC is up to buyer. if you feel comfortable seeing an AD stamp on the warranty card and the serial number on the warranty card matches that of the watch, then dont go verify.

however, i would still go RSC to verify for peace of mind. what is 107 extra spent to know the watch bought is real rather than to have doubts in the mind saying is this real or not.

Originally posted by Juanism View Post
          Guys, pardon me but I'm new to the scene.

The topic on grey dealer has been discussed numerously but why would anyone be discourage from buying from them? Isn't it the same as buying from an overseas AD?

Is verification from RSC needed when buying from these dealer?
          if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
          1. subject heading indicating your issue
          2. your nick
          3. your corresponding email address
          4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Some of the grey dealers have retail shop... Doesn't say much though?

Comment

Where would some of these grey dealers be? Would like to go have a looksee and compare prices. I'm currently looking at getting a 116710LN - have seen these going for around the 9k mark for a second hand model, while a brand new one doesn't seem to be asking for significantly more (after you factor in discounts, CC rebates etc.).

I was initially looking to get a second hand one so that I would avoid being hit by depreciation expense that comes with purchasing brand new, however it does not seem like these things depreciate much?

Comment

Yeah. It's better to verify to have a peace of mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Jubilee View Post
                  I was initially looking to get a second hand one so that I would avoid being hit by depreciation expense that comes with purchasing brand new, however it does not seem like these things depreciate much?
                  It works both ways, if the depreciation is high, then will you still buy it?

I rather that the depreciation is low, cos it shows that the item's value holds strongly. I don't have to worry when I want to sell it

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Buy new from grey dealer. After 3yrs u may not even lose a cent or minimum for rolex.

More shiok also.

Comment

For folks who travel to europe, it's better to buy direct from the AD in the European country. If no travel plans or need to buy urgently then grey dealers are the choice if one doesn't want to pay local AD pricing which is normally higher.

If buying from overseas ad personally no need to authenticate. From grey dealers I will suggest to authenticate.
                      elusive

Comment

Not sure if can ask this, but if this forum paid advertiser e.g HJ watch is considered a grey dealer?
                        (No offense nor flaming)... Thks

Frankly i have bought from them, but their receipt is from
                        BD watch, which is their pawnshop in bedok. HJ is the branch.
                        Last edited by Acevin; 16-03-13, 08:16 PM.

Comment

yay peace of mind .

Comment

Originally posted by Acevin View Post
                            Not sure if can ask this, but if this forum paid advertiser e.g HJ watch is considered a grey dealer?
                            (No offense nor flaming)... Thks

Frankly i have bought from them, but their receipt is from
                            BD watch, which is their pawnshop in bedok. HJ is the branch.
                            You can check the Rolex website for an official list of their approved ADs. Anyone else not on that list is a grey dealer.

Comment

Wat u guys think of a brand new sub from a grey dealer, overseas AD is from chennai India? Will country of origin of AD affect resale value?

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X