Retail Discount & GST

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retail Discount & GST

There are many indications from browsing the threads there that the discounts given by local ADs are controlled and the usual or max discount is 8% of the RRP.

For easy calculation, if we take the RRP as 10K, then discounted price will be 9.2K. 9.2K + 7% GST works out to be 9.844K. So effectively the final discount is only about 1.6%.

Isnt this an LPPL situation unless the RRP is already inclusive of GST?
    I will own a Rolex ................ someday!

Bro,the discount is inclusive of GST la...where got so lppl one.think the salesperson try to con you

Comment

Apologies for my ignorance, but what's "LPPL"?

Comment

Is that any promotion going on for credit card purchase or in-house discount?

Comment

I'm pretty sure that the salesman con you .. RRP is already inclusive of GST for brand new watches so discount is base on the RRP .. 8% discount is kinda too little .. You should able to get more discount

Comment

Thanks for the comments. It's not about the sales quote lah. I was just wondering where does the GST come into the picture. If the RRP is inclusive of the GST, then its easier to understand that discounts make sense.

@Jakarta-After-Dark, LPPL is a local jargon for 'whichever way you look at it, there is no difference'. Its not a gentleman way of saying it. On hindsight, perhaps I should not use this in a public forum :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Jakarta After Dark View Post
              Apologies for my ignorance, but what's "LPPL"?
              In a nice way, London Paris Paris London. Same same, you don't have a choice.

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
                In a nice way, London Paris Paris London. Same same, you don't have a choice.
                Err ........ You also know what is LPPL? You are Ms Darkangel or Mr Darkangel hah?

Comment

Originally posted by bluescorpion View Post
                  Err ........ You also know what is LPPL? You are Ms Darkangel or Mr Darkangel hah?
                  Another member that's confuse over Mr or Ms Darkangle ... He's not dark anyway .. Ke ke

Comment

Heh heh .... so do you think I am Mr or Ms bluescirpion?

Comment

Originally posted by bluescorpion View Post

@Jakarta-After-Dark, LPPL is a local jargon for 'whichever way you look at it, there is no difference'. Its not a gentleman way of saying it. On hindsight, perhaps I should not use this in a public forum :-)
                      So it's like the tuggish way of saying "same difference".... :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Jakarta After Dark View Post
                        So it's like the tuggish way of saying "same difference".... :-)
                        Heh heh ..... there isn't anything Thuggish about it. Its just that part of the phrase refers to certain part of the male anatomy. At some point in time I am sure even scholars, doctors, lawyers, etc might hv also used it at a ertain time of their life. Intriguing enough for you? OK I think I should stop referring to this from here on least I get flamed or banned :-)

Comment

Nice one bro..owning rolex is good

Comment

Errrr so what's the retail discount then?

Comment

Bro adrian01, you might want to check out other threads for your question.
                              Miss walking along Charles River......

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X