Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long does it take to authenticate at RSC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long does it take to authenticate at RSC?

Hi, just curious and so will like to hear from those who went recently (2013) to RSC to have their watches authenticated.

How long or short was the wait? Did they increase the procedure?

My few times all varied;

Last year were always within 3 hours

6 hours.... April
    7 hours.... last week

Have a good day people!

I went twice, send before 1000 hours and is ready by 1400 hours .. am curious to find out too

Comment

Early this year, it took a day... send it during lunch, ready next day.
      elusive

Comment

Two weeks ago I was there and asked. I think it is quite unlikely to have it done same day. So for me I expect to collect next working day. Maybe unless you tell them you have an urgent flight to catch, they will let you jump que. Otherwise give all sorts of reasons, eg. I need to attend a wedding dinner tonight and need to show off my new watch, I am attending my first date and I need to impress my new girlfriend?
        I will own a Rolex ................ someday!

Comment

Sent in on fri lunchtime, picked up the next working day on mon.
          Guess they are busier now.

Comment

Was there abt 2 months ago, sent in at 1+pm, got call at 5 to collect. Guess it depends on workload and manpower on the day

Comment

Rolex authentication

It also depends on whether its the vintage 1960-70s sports model or the later ones...

Comment

Curious how they actually do the authentication? Do they disclose their procedure? Anyone ever concern as the caseback is opened vs originally sealed in Geneva?

Comment

Went for authentication in mid April. Seller sent watch in during lunch hour, collection only can be done the next day. But we collect the day after due to both seller and I not available.

Comment

Originally posted by Rolex116613
                    No concern. Why need to be concerned? Scared the technician dunno how to open???
                    Omega used to have a red dot between the case and the caseback. Once it opened it is gone - like lost its virginity. It is indeed subjective if virginity is important - It will not spoil of course.

Comment

Hope more can share

How long is their waiting experience?

so far its like average of at least 4 hours

Comment

I hv bn to RSC to do authentication twice. Abt 1 yr ago, it took me less than 2 hours. However, in Jan this year, the aunty at the counter said that it wld take 1 day. She was quite blunt and rude, probably an old staff. But I believe ultimately, it really depends on their workload and they give priority to watch servicing n repair which will bring in 10x the authentication fee.

Comment

Jus went on Thursday. 11 send in 4pm can take. Sub servicing quoted $950

Comment

huh...just to find out how much is the replacement of dials for the 68273...is it still $1300 per swop?

Comment

Originally posted by joechants View Post
                              Jus went on Thursday. 11 send in 4pm can take. Sub servicing quoted $950
                              5hrs..... Quotation for servicing or authentication?

Originally posted by pkc
                              2hr to half a day
                              When was this? Recent?

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X