Scratch on cyclop lens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scratch on cyclop lens

Was looking at sub today and to my horror, saw some scratches on the cyclop lens itself. I have been very careful with my watch but somehow, still cannot prevent hairline scratches appearing. Has anyone encountered this before and can it be polished off without going to shops? Any inputs will be appreciated.

I think the only way to save it from scratches is to leave in the safe. Anyone can advise on the cost of replacing the cyclops lens?

Comment

Isn't the Cyclop also made of Sapphire Glass? SG so easy to scratch meh? Could it be some kind of grunge? Sometimes you knock or brush against something, the grunge (paint, surface grime) comes off from the other contact part and deposit on your cyclop.

I mean the cyclop is curve so logically even if you brush against a had surface, there is only a point contact on the cyclop so it can't scratch so easily. Possible to show us a close up?
      I will own a Rolex ................ someday!

Comment

Don't worry, you are not alone. My DSSD sapphire has a 2mm thin scratch line. It was caused by my wife's diamond on her ring.

Comment

Yes, I also have a chip on the lens. Hardly visible to naked eye unless under bright light. Bopian. I got to learn to live with it, use my fingernail to scratch at it during boring meetings...

Comment

Any idea of the cost of replacing one outside the official service center? I have a Panerai sapphire which is scratched too, possibly from a diamond after a night out

Comment

Really have to leave with it. But whenever I see it, will feel super heartpain. Any idea how much to change it at RSC?
              Recently, went to a pre-owned shop and he advised me to change my original glass and bezel to aftermarket piece so that I can prevent further scratches. Was quoted around $100. Is it advisable to do that?

Comment

wa wa wa.. Thanks for the advice, nimm12. Luckily i diem change at the point of time. Was so tempted to do that.

Comment

mine too has been scarred for a very very longtime... thought of replacing but hearing the cost.. think let it has more scar 1st, I am usually quite careless...

Comment

my dssd crystal, oso gt a white dot which initially i told is dirt but its is a very tiny chip. knn... heart pain n duno where the **** i gt that chip frm. haiz

Comment

After a while, you will get used to it. That's the feeling i have now
                      No worries, you are not alone.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X