Adjusting my 116234 in counter-clockwise direction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adjusting my 116234 in counter-clockwise direction

Hi guy, just curious asking, when I try to set my time few minutes earlier, I try to adjust my crown in counter-clockwise direction. The minutes or hour hand will try to 'spring' forward abit.

When I try in clockwise direction, no such problem.

Is this normal?

'spring' ? Brand new watch ? still under warranty ?
    The answer may be you may have drive chain problem, that need to be change.
    Luck if just one single parts, or you may have more than one parts that need to be change.

Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by 65wang View Post
      'spring' ? Brand new watch ? still under warranty ?
      The answer may be you may have drive chain problem, that need to be change.
      Luck if just one single parts, or you may have more than one parts that need to be change.

Good luck.
      V series, 'spring' as if I adjust from 935am to 930am in counter-clockwise direction, the minute hand will jerk abit to 0931am.

Any problem?

Comment

it is common for there to be some slack when adjusting the time on mechanical watches. it's difficult to nail down exactly what is causing the slip unless you've owned the watch since new and has happened suddenly during that ownership.

i would not worry about it. you can either adjust counter-clockwise and then clockwise (9.35 to 9.25 then 9.30) and live with it or send it in for a service (it will probably still come back with the same/some amount of gear slack).
        “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
        Working...
        X