Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed with Day Date

Hi guys,

Is this roman dial available for a mid 90s watch (18238) already? I love it but thought it was only available for 118238. What would be a reasonable price to pay, with no box or papers?

Appreciate any input!

Cheers,
    Dan

Simple dials like this...yes

between 9-10k depending on condition

Last done price for 18238 with diamond dial is 10500. Estimate w/o diamonds to be at least 1k cheaper

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Anyway just thinking about this too...I love the roman dial....I love the diamond dial too. Solid gold + diamond simple looking solid gold with roman also sweee

Which would u guys choose?I like bling....but this is gonna be a tough choice when it comes to choosing my DD next time

Comment

Thanks Darkangel for the quick reply... personally I like the roman dial better... and actually I am planning to put this on a leather strap... but that's just me...

Comment

What about a mid-80s YG 18038 single quick set? What are the prevailing prices on those?

Comment

Originally posted by kt2u View Post
            Thanks Darkangel for the quick reply... personally I like the roman dial better... and actually I am planning to put this on a leather strap... but that's just me...
            Haha buy it with the bracelet...then get a extra leather strap. Interchange on different occasions. Perfeect

What about a mid-80s YG 18038 single quick set? What are the prevailing prices on those?
            I would discount another 1-2k for that...depending on how stretched the bracelet is...

Comment

I won it! http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=190300257605

Paid a bit more than what I set out with, but I think it's still a great price if the watch is every bit as advertised. A little apprehensive, but at least the guy has great feedback...

Will be travelling to Dallas to collect the watch in person and get it checked in the RSC in Dallas right away... wish me luck

Comment

I won it! http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=190300257605

Paid a bit more than what I set out with, but I think it's still a great price if the watch is every bit as advertised. A little apprehensive, but at least the guy has great feedback...

Will be travelling to Dallas to collect the watch in person and get it checked in the RSC in Dallas right away... wish me luck
                Umm...1 thing about online auctions. I dun get to see the actual watch condition. Price is slightly (maybe higher) than what you might pay for a piece like that in SG...if it's cheaper I mean...well it's worth it to travel over.

The bracelet looks quite stretched and the condition is not say fantastic. NO signs of booklets or anything.

But let me ask you a question...though I know the answer roughly but I have to ask. Is there a possibility for you to back out on the deal. I may sound like an arsehole but...I think I would just like to let you know my $0.02 . Not that worth it. esp when u have to go all the way there...and the prices are almost the same as here. Here you buy from shop u have a guarantee sometimes...and even 2 yrs warranty by the shop.

Comment

This is actually the 4th time I bought a watch off the bay, the previous 3 times were ok so I guess I'm lucky. Maybe too lucky that I have let my guard down a little... good to get a second opinion to bring me back to reality.

I'm not travelling over specially to pick up the watch lar, just nice have a business trip there end of the month. Did some background check on the seller and found that he operates a pawn shop. Probably the reason why watch doesn't come with papers. Just hope it's not a stolen watch

But in any case the seller has been responsive to my questions and according to him the watch has recently been serviced and he has the receipt to show for it too. Bracelet is stretched no doubt but I read somewhere that it's actually a sign of authenticity

I guess I can still back out since money has not changed hands (We agreed on cash on pickup)... but hor, when I did my search in local shops the prices are quite a bit higher leh, around 12-14K for a double quickset 18238. I was quote 10-11K for single quickset 18038. But maybe I didn't do enough legwork or didn't bargain enough... any tips or places to recommend?

Thanks for the advice man! Will update the thread on how this adventure turns out...

Comment

BLING BLING !!!
                    *** EMMANUEL***

Comment

This is actually the 4th time I bought a watch off the bay, the previous 3 times were ok so I guess I'm lucky. Maybe too lucky that I have let my guard down a little... good to get a second opinion to bring me back to reality.

I'm not travelling over specially to pick up the watch lar, just nice have a business trip there end of the month. Did some background check on the seller and found that he operates a pawn shop. Probably the reason why watch doesn't come with papers. Just hope it's not a stolen watch

But in any case the seller has been responsive to my questions and according to him the watch has recently been serviced and he has the receipt to show for it too. Bracelet is stretched no doubt but I read somewhere that it's actually a sign of authenticity

I guess I can still back out since money has not changed hands (We agreed on cash on pickup)... but hor, when I did my search in local shops the prices are quite a bit higher leh, around 12-14K for a double quickset 18238. I was quote 10-11K for single quickset 18038. But maybe I didn't do enough legwork or didn't bargain enough... any tips or places to recommend?

Thanks for the advice man! Will update the thread on how this adventure turns out...
                      You have to bargain 1 lah...the shop won't give you gd price when u first ask them.

Bracelet stretched is not gd...not anything about authenticity but...that means u have the change your bracelet slightly earlier than expected. 1 link cost you 1k leh bro! Whole bracelet? Faints! After many years...it will get looser and looser. That's why I was saying not gd that it's too stretched.

Hold back from the eBay deal. Bring cash to dealers...and bargain..If you get the same price...or better get here. As usually shops give warranty. Maybe you can check out Top Hour @ Lucky plaza. Shin Tat @ Fortune Centre.

If u get a better deal...or same deal..

Comment

Went to Top Hour today. Really nice uncle, told me he just sold a double quickset with meteorite dial for 13K and expecting one with diamonds on the dial to come in and that one's going for 13.5K. Didn't have any other 18238 or 118238 in inventory right now. I didn't try to bargain for the 13.5K one since it's not even there and personally I am not too fond of diamonds.

Will try Chinatown tomorrow. Or any bros here have any scouting report of a good deal DD somewhere? Looking to pay 10K for a decent condition 18238

Comment

Gd luck in your search!

Comment

Hi bro, didn't know you love DD as well , haha , btw while you are looking for a YG DD , can lobang you to keep a lookout for me on the WG DD with diamonds ?
                            Actually i prefer the newer model with the more solid bracelet , boxs and papers is a must .
                            Don't mind the older model as long as got double quickset , understand the price diff between say 2000 onwards and 90s DD is around 5k .
                            If have maybe can PM me the condition and price of the watch , and of course the location of the shop .
                            Maybe we buy together got more bargain power ? Haha.....

Thanks a Million .
                            Focal JM_Labs .
                            "The Sprits Of Sounds".

Rolex WG Daytona D series Silver dial 116509
                            Rolex RG DD II with pink diamond dial V Series 218235
                            Rolex YG President DD with Diamond and Ruby 18038
                            Rolex Explorer I Black D series 114270
                            Rolex DJ TT Grey Dial 16233
                            Rolex Precision 6694 Black Dial
                            Rolex Precision 6694 Silver Dial
                            Rolex Oyster Perpetual Z series black dial 176200
                            Panerai 233K 8 days power reserve
                            Cartier Santos 100XL
                            Hublot Big Bang Edition 44mm

Comment

Sure thing bro... will keep you updated if I find something... have you considered platinum? The platinum DD with roman dial and domed bezel is actually my grail, but don't have the $$ for it yet...

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X