No announcement yet.

Need help identifying this Datejust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

im starting to think it was TT, but, "plated" to YG; if that is the case, I doubt rolex would even touch the watch

hence my value of S$5k... but even then, I would be a bit hesitant to buy.
    [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
    [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
    Blue 6694
    Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
    [U]"My collection"[/U]:
    [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

What's tt and what's yg?

Comment

tt - two tone (half gold)
        yg - yellow gold
        [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
        [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
        Blue 6694
        Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
        [U]"My collection"[/U]:
        [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by djchris View Post
          What's tt and what's yg?
          Two tone or aka half gold. YG= Yellow gold aka solid gold.

Oh anyway...is it possible to give us the model number of the watch?

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
          im starting to think it was TT, but, "plated" to YG; if that is the case, I doubt rolex would even touch the watch

hence my value of S$5k... but even then, I would be a bit hesitant to buy.
          I think wait for serial number then can see how

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Two tone means dial gold and case silver?

I think I need to get someone to verify liao coz i also cannot tell...

The only rolex sign I see on the bracelet is this.. the catch...

Comment

I don't know the model, and don't know how to open the bracelet to see also.

Anyway, I just wanted to see what is its value. No plan to sell it due to sentimental values..

Comment

Two tone means dial gold and case silver?

I think I need to get someone to verify liao coz i also cannot tell...

The only rolex sign I see on the bracelet is this.. the catch...
                Two tone means,case is SS,bezel is yellow or rose gold. Face can be any colour.

The rolex sign on the bracelet is copy 1 la...it's an aftermarket bracelet. What I mean is that,it is still solid gold but not made by rolex but maybe a goldsmith. Fake Rolex bracelet yes,solid gold bracelet also yes. But no worries normal ppl cannot tell 1.

I don't know the model, and don't know how to open the bracelet to see also.

Anyway, I just wanted to see what is its value. No plan to sell it due to sentimental values..
                Ok 2 possible values of the watch. But the bracelet value is set at ard 2-3k.

1) Watch is originally halfgold and somehow plated or wadeva the case is value of the watch w/o bracelet would be around 1-2k. ( But 1 thing is that I have no idea how you can change the case from SS to gold..even by plating it's not easy.

2) Watch is originally solid yellow gold,but fitted with an aftermarket bracelet,then estimated value of it is 4-5k w/o the bracelet.

That's the rough estimate la

Comment

Ok. Thanks alot for the help.

Comment

Through this thread, definitely learnt alot from the pros here...Thanks for taking the time to share your knowledge with me.

2 more images here, probably in a better lighting...

Comment

Here's a little something I did...maybe you can try and follow my method and remove the bracelet to reveal the model number.

Comment

Your videos are not displaying...

Comment

Through this thread, definitely learnt alot from the pros here...Thanks for taking the time to share your knowledge with me.

2 more images here, probably in a better lighting...
                          As far as I see....I am guessing that it is a original solid gold watch la...not that badly frankened except for the aftermarket bracelet.

So as of now and wad I see...I value your watch at 8k

Comment

Your videos are not displaying...
                            Click on the pic...it will link you to the video...just wait awhile for it to stream

Comment

Thanks...see liao still dun dare, scared scratch the watch...I think I leave it alone for now.

I think I became a watch bug not by chance, but inherited from my father. Sadly, these are things you realise only when the person has passed on...

Found another Titoni Cosmos King quartz that appears to be spoilt. Gonna get it fixed.

Comment

Just took it to a watchmaker to examine the bracelet and model. The screws on the links of the bracelet is spoilt. So cannot make the bracelet smaller for me. Probably change it to leather and wear.

The model is 16018, serial number is L85XXXX.
                                Last edited by djchris; 04-06-08, 09:00 AM.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X