Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brand new Rolex manufactures date i

Hi all,
    I am new to this forum and just purchase a brand new Rolex date just perpetual. I purchase it from a AD. At the point of purchase I did not know about the manufactured year details nor was advice by the sales person.(as I felt that the watch should be manufactured not too long ago). However after doing some research I found that the watch I purchased was made 4 years ago. M series. Is this normal ? Can anyone please advice. Thank you so much.

There was a previous discussion on this in the forum. Some have informed of "sightings" of old serial numbers on new watch models and no one was able to understand how it was derived. It was speculated that ROLEX might have kept those watches in their factory and only delivered/distributed them after some years later. It was also speculated that the ADs were responsible for doing this and not ROLEX. So how?

I think at the end of the day, as long as the watch is bought brand new and from a reputable shop/company, with all necessary docs fulfilled, one should not worry too much. It is really unnecessary to lose sleep over this. And btw, congratz!

The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

If the older Manufacturing date is using the older technology movement, I will have a great concerns to it as I prefer the latest technology

Comment

Hi Oceanklassik and Axela2012,
        Thanks for your feedback and advice. Will take note of this in my next purchase. I guess if I were to go back to the AD, they would certainly say it is pretty ok. But when I purchased the watch I was told that the watch needs to be send for servicing about average once every 7 years or when it's accuracy faults. So now it would be in about 3 year time(since mine is manufactured 4 years a go) if the accuracy faults.
        I am planning to purchase a Yacht Master mid size silver/platinum. Any advice? New or used and any suggested AD? I was quoted $12,184.00 for a new watch. Thanks again!

Comment

Hi titus,

I advise that you get the facts checked/verified and don't base your assumptions on mere speculations. For all you know, the watch may just be a new one (not NOS - new old stock), or at least, not that old. Because ROLEX seems to have made changes to its serial number system over past few years. Whether when you should get the watch serviced is subjective. Some say 2-3 years, some 5-7 years while some others advise only when the watch is 'broken'. It voices down to how you wear the watch.

For the YM, I have no idea. You may want to go thru' those dealers in the forum and check with them.

The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

For certain models, the serial number with alphabet series can be behind G. However, it does not mean it is NOS.

The reason is that for certain models and certain series that does not move so fast, hence production is slower, so the serial number and/or alphabet series may not be as current as those moving faster.

Originally posted by titus View Post
            Hi all,
            However after doing some research I found that the watch I purchased was made 4 years ago. M series. Is this normal ? Can anyone please advice. Thank you so much.
            if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
            1. subject heading indicating your issue
            2. your nick
            3. your corresponding email address
            4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Hi Oceanklassik and Triton,

Thank you so much for the information and advice. I made a call to Rolex SG this afternoon and the customer service officer confirmed my watch is a new stock base on my serial number. As mention by you the alphabet serial not necessarily being followed. I Will browse the forum in regards to the AD for new YM purchase. BTW according to one of the AD the prices are expected to increase anytime soon. Once again thank you and have a blessed weekend!

Comment

Hi All,
                Perhaps the following link can help answer your queries on the manufacture year of your rolex?
                http://www.bobswatches.com/rolex-wat...date-year.html
                Cheers!

Rolex owner since 2010
                Previously owned:
                Explorer II(216570) black dial AN serial
                GMT-Master II(116710LN) AN serial
                Current collection:
                Datejust 36(116234) V serial
                GMT-Master II(116713LN) AN serial
                Upcoming/Wishlist:
                "Hulk" green sub(116610LV)

Comment

Could be an old case with new movement?

Originally posted by titus View Post
                  Hi all,
                  I am new to this forum and just purchase a brand new Rolex date just perpetual. I purchase it from a AD. At the point of purchase I did not know about the manufactured year details nor was advice by the sales person.(as I felt that the watch should be manufactured not too long ago). However after doing some research I found that the watch I purchased was made 4 years ago. M series. Is this normal ? Can anyone please advice. Thank you so much.

Comment

U may like to refer to the link: http://www.qualitytyme.net/pages/numbers.html for more details on serial nos./manufacturing year.

Rolex owner since 2010
                    Previously owned:
                    Explorer II(216570) black dial AN serial
                    GMT-Master II(116710LN) AN serial
                    Current collection:
                    Datejust 36(116234) V serial
                    GMT-Master II(116713LN) AN serial
                    Upcoming/Wishlist:
                    "Hulk" green sub(116610LV)

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse