Yacht Master new 116622 or pre-owned 16622

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yacht Master new 116622 or pre-owned 16622

Hi guys, I'm after a Yacht master and really need some opinion on whether I should go new or preowned.

New: I think the price is around $13k for steel silver face 116622.

Used: I've seen it for around $7-9k. Thats over 40% off the RRP.

I'm not sure if the 116622 is worth the extra over the 16622. Any thoughts on this?

I'm also scared of loosing up to $6k if I were to buy brand new.

Is there any particular reason why the YM loses so much in resale?

I would not recommend buying this watch from a local AD, not especially when it is one of the least popular models.

One reason why this watch is not as popular has to do with how anemic the watch looks, unless of course you get the blue dial. The bigger problem with owning this watch has to do with how the bezel stains over time. Changing the bezel can also get rather expensive due to the use of platinum. You shoul be able to google a lot of discussions about the Yacht Master bezel. However, if you do not mind a watch with character, then the only thing you will need to figure out is how to get it at the best possible price.

Comment

Well, it is either this or one of the datejust models which elevates me to "uncle" status... lol. The wife prefers datejust to any of rolex sports models.

I wasn't aware of the bezel issue. Will definitely read about it.

Is this just on the older 16622 or the 2012 models as well?

Comment

I believe it should apply for all Yacht Master models. My wife has the mid size version and I can understand what others are saying on the Internet when I see the scratched bezel. But as I said, it should not deter you if you are fine with a watch with character.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
        Working...
        X