TT Sub Bracelet Stretch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TT Sub Bracelet Stretch

Was browsing pre-own shops and saw some really s-t-r-e-t-c-h-e-d TT bands on subs.

Just wondering, how many subbie owners get bracelet stretch on their TT subs.

anyway to prevent stretch?

How many years can a TT band usually last for before becoming a dangly piece of ugly metal??

and it's strange that I dont see stretch on full gold daytonas or day-dates.

Originally posted by harlot View Post
    Was browsing pre-own shops and saw some really s-t-r-e-t-c-h-e-d TT bands on subs.

How many years can a TT band usually last for before becoming a dangly piece of ugly metal??

Depends on the era the subs are made, older subs are not solid links and if you dont take care, they stretched, same apply to DJ too. Current Sub bracelet are solid link, so it is more resistable to stretching. Can;t remember the yr when the bracelet changed to solid link. cheers
    Current Collection :

1) Rolex YG White Mother of Pearl Roman Dial Datejust 16018 (8 mil Serial)

2) Rolex YG Black Computer Roman Dial Datejust 16238 (L Serial)

3) Rolex TT Blue Submariner 16613LB (M Serial)

4) Rolex YG Red Vignette DayDate 18038 (8 mil Serial)

5) Rolex PT Pinkish White MOP DayDate 18206 (A Serial)

Comment

mine is 10 yrs old sub. so yea, it's the hollow links man

Comment

Originally posted by harlot View Post

Daydates all these also stretch 1..the older 1s

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

they stretched because the watch is too loose for the wrist. it ends up like a bangle.

in the long run, the joints in between the links are weakened. i have seen a DJ watch links with gaps of like 1 cm in between the links. the bracelet is jubilee style.
          if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
          1. subject heading indicating your issue
          2. your nick
          3. your corresponding email address
          4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

stretched bracelet is part of ware n tare. to prevent then dun wear bracelet

Comment

bracelets are suppose to be worn tight. hence minimum abrasion
              between the links.

with our hot and humid weather and many skinny wrists like mine.
              it is just not comfortable to wear fitting.

still i wonder how long it takes to become such stretched state.

my 10+ yrs old seiko don't show sign of stretch. never realise the issue
              of stretch until i come into contact with Rolex. I guess in the 60s-70s,
              Rolex is one watch that is worn daily until today and still going strong.

My fathers 6694 thin bracelet was almost breaking into 2 before i replaced it for him. that is after 30+ years of loose fit abuse.

I estimate it will take more than 10yrs of daily wear to see signs of stretch.
              Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

Originally posted by Watcha View Post
                bracelets are suppose to be worn tight. hence minimum abrasion
                between the links.

with our hot and humid weather and many skinny wrists like mine.
                it is just not comfortable to wear fitting.

still i wonder how long it takes to become such stretched state.

my 10+ yrs old seiko don't show sign of stretch. never realise the issue
                of stretch until i come into contact with Rolex. I guess in the 60s-70s,
                Rolex is one watch that is worn daily until today and still going strong.

My fathers 6694 thin bracelet was almost breaking into 2 before i replaced it for him. that is after 30+ years of loose fit abuse.

I estimate it will take more than 10yrs of daily wear to see signs of stretch.
                x2, our small wrist is not giving enough tightness to the bracelet. My dad's YG DJ president bracelet nv stretch much, my TT DJ after 21 yrs is still ok. Btw my dad has a big wrist, not sure that if it affects the bracelet.
                Current Collection :

Comment

Originally posted by zidaneong View Post
                  x2, our small wrist is not giving enough tightness to the bracelet. My dad's YG DJ president bracelet nv stretch much, my TT DJ after 21 yrs is still ok. Btw my dad has a big wrist, not sure that if it affects the bracelet.
                  Your DJ jubilee bracelet?
                  Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

Originally posted by Watcha View Post
                    Your DJ jubilee bracelet?
                    ya, bro watcha. But not really stretched, it was my dad before he gave me during 16.
                    Current Collection :

Comment

My 3 yr old Jubilee bracelet stretched abit..but nothing severe...

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
                        My 3 yr old Jubilee bracelet stretched abit..but nothing severe...
                        Aston, how offen is your DJ on your wrist?
                        Current Collection :

Comment

Originally posted by zidaneong View Post
                          Aston, how offen is your DJ on your wrist?
                          Now not daily...probably 1 week I will wear it a few times...getting less wrist time cos I usually wear it on the weekends.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
                            Now not daily...probably 1 week I will wear it a few times...getting less wrist time cos I usually wear it on the weekends.
                            oic, was wondering if wearing it daily affect the stretching, my dad wore my TT DJ since 89, but there isn't significant sign of stretch. power sia.
                            Current Collection :

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X