Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DSSD vs SD & GMTII

Hi all

Would like to know what are the main different between these two? in term of valuse and function.

Also if compared to GMT. Which will be a better value of money?

Just enjoy your recently acquired DSSD, that's what most luxury watches are made for ... Questions that you're asking are subjective, you'll never get one universal answer to your question...

Comment

I love my DSSD more than any above mention, just curious which should be the next piece for collection.. Cheers

Comment

http://www.minus4plus6.com/GMTSD.htm
        The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

DSSD and SD are same in functions. Both are "diving watch", except DSSD can go deeper, that's why DeepSea. The only difference is the bezel. DSSD is using the ceramic while SD is using aluminium. Anyway, SD is already discontinued. You can only find it from 2nd hand shops while DSSD is always available in AD.

GMT has an additional 24hr GMT hand which is very practical. It's useful if you do travel as the GMT hand helps in locating home time. Similarly, the current GMT Master II comes with ceramic bezel while the aluminium bezel ones are also discontinued.

It's hard to determine which model has better value. It all depends on the watch's conditions and historical values. Some people values SD while some values GMT. IMO, I do value SD as it's the only Rolex watch with date (3135) and without cyclope. To be honest, I like SD's clean look. It's very nice.

Comment

DSSD's size also comes into play as itz bigger & slightly heavier than the ones mentioned. Chunky's for me, heehee.

Comment

Of all, the DSSD is my all time favorite! Loved the weigh & size...Best Rolex watch ever made!!

Comment

newbie here.
                sorry if someone ask this question before.

How do i differentiate between DSSD and SD?

Comment

The SD (16660) never had the chapter ring, if I remember correctly.
                  The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Why are you talking to yourself?

Comment

Originally posted by alvin89
                      hey i talking to mod la.
                      Lol, mod not replying to you leh.... Ha ha

Comment

You two seem like "husband-and-wife" or, "husband-and-husband"?

If you're keen, you may drop by the RSC and ask for application forms.

The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Tis is new 2 me ? n but lookin at all tis nim's posts all ovr te place,u really am freaky

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X