X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some sub questions

Hi all,

Some qns I hope the experts can help me with

1. What r the physical differences between 116610 and 16610 subs? Just the ceramic bezel?
    2. A 2010 purchased sub will be be a 116610? True?
    3. The suffixes ln lv lb etc applies only for 11610?
    4. For the green sub, 116610 lv has green dial while 16610 lv has black dial? Ie black dial green subs are frm the older series? Is there any v veries 16610 lv?
    5. What should a reasonable price be for a 16610 lv second hand?

Sorry for the noob qns. The world of rolex is not only addictive but expensive and confusing as well!

1) not just the bezel. the case is also different.
    2) False
    3) No. 16610 is one generation before 116610. 16610 has got LV as one of the special edition - 50th anniversary.
    4) 116610 LV-C indicates the green ceramic bezel and green dial. 16610LV is discontinued and has a black maxi dial. and yes. there are v series 16610LV
    5) when you referred to second hand, does it literally mean second hand as in second owner? or preown? different series, different condition, availability of box and/or paper can change the market value

Originally posted by rabid View Post
    Hi all,

Some qns I hope the experts can help me with

1. What r the physical differences between 116610 and 16610 subs? Just the ceramic bezel?
    2. A 2010 purchased sub will be be a 116610? True?
    3. The suffixes ln lv lb etc applies only for 11610?
    4. For the green sub, 116610 lv has green dial while 16610 lv has black dial? Ie black dial green subs are frm the older series? Is there any v veries 16610 lv?
    5. What should a reasonable price be for a 16610 lv second hand?

Sorry for the noob qns. The world of rolex is not only addictive but expensive and confusing as well!
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

hi triton, thanks for the succinct reply, how is the case of the 16610 different from the 11610? and does the 16610LV come with a cermaic bezel?

Comment

here's a picture from another website:

here's the accompanying link:

http://luxurytyme.com/en/rolex-revie...mariner-116610

16610LV has a normal alum bezel insert + bezel. the insert is green instead of black.
        “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

taxico- thanks for the link. a lot of useful info and answers all my questions.
          i prefer the 116610's chunkier outlook

Comment

Share thread ya? =)
            I just got myself a used 16610 couple of months back from an AD. then condition was ok and I even went to Rolex centre to varify. But recently I notice there's knocking/loose sound from the watch. It's definitely sound is not from the straps. What could be the problem?

Comment

which AD did you get your used 16610 from? as far as i know, no local AD sells used rolex.

please advise. thank you.

as for the sound, i would suggest you bring to your watch technician to check.

Originally posted by invisibleman View Post
              Share thread ya? =)
              I just got myself a used 16610 couple of months back from an AD. then condition was ok and I even went to Rolex centre to varify. But recently I notice there's knocking/loose sound from the watch. It's definitely sound is not from the straps. What could be the problem?
              if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

kindly email with
              2. your nick

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

Comment

which AD did you get your used 16610 from? as far as i know, no local AD sells used rolex.

please advise. thank you.

as for the sound, i would suggest you bring to your watch technician to check.

Share thread ya? =)

kindly email with
                2. your nick

Comment

Oops.. Not AD, but e shop I got from is in Chinatown.
                  Btw, which reputable watch technician should I visit?

Comment

you can choose to go back to the shop which you bought the watch from. you can ask them if they can fix it for you.

as for reputable watch technician, please refer to some of the threads in Rolex Concierge Service. however, different people have different preferred technicians. what works for others may not work for you. this can be in terms of service, servicing time, etc.

Oops.. Not AD, but e shop I got from is in Chinatown.
                    Btw, which reputable watch technician should I visit?

kindly email with
                    2. your nick

Comment

Just to add on since I have owned a few 16610LV. The serial number engraved on the early (mine were F series) on the case stated 16610T. The T is not found on the non-LV cases.

Please don't ask me what does T stands for. Rolex never say.

Comment

Thanks for Ur advise bro!
                        Will probably go back to e shop I bought to check it out.

Comment

Hi Bros ,

Just bought a "A" series sub from a pre-owned shop.
                          Need to ask experts here in rgd to the dial .
                          Mine only with the word "SWISS"" whereas some model are with "SWISS MADE" .
                          So anyone can enlighten me on this matter?
                          Thanks in advance.

Comment

I think it is ok. Some or most of those watches produced during those years under the 'A' series (1998-99) comes with the 'SWISS' dial. I am not too sure if there were any with the 'SWISS MADE' dial though. There are some members here who may be able to shed light on this.
                            The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

hi,another question, does all new watches come with this service manual book?

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X