Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where to swap black submariner bezel insert?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to swap black submariner bezel insert?

Hi I'm a trained mechanic but unfortunately not quite of a watch technician. So I'm looking for someone that's really qualified in replacing the green LV bezel insert to a black submariner insert. My condition, is that
    1. There must be no scratches whatsoever on the case and/or bezel.
    2. The 12 o clock marker on the bezel must line up with the 12 o clock indice on the dial.
    3. The bezel insert must be replaced in my presence.

Any pointers would be very appreciated.

Have you, in the first place, approached and enquired from the independent watch technicians from the various watch companies about your intentions? I believe some, if not most, of them should be able to handle this task quite well. But I've to qualify that I have never seen any of them do it personally. Try seeking out those forum advertisers like Chuan Watch, Watch Arena, HJ Watch, or others like Top Hour, JW Watch, Passion Watch, etc.
    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
      Have you, in the first place, approached and enquired from the independent watch technicians from the various watch companies about your intentions? I believe some, if not most, of them should be able to handle this task quite well. But I've to qualify that I have never seen any of them do it personally. Try seeking out those forum advertisers like Chuan Watch, Watch Arena, HJ Watch, or others like Top Hour, JW Watch, Passion Watch, etc.
      Hi OceanKlassik thanks for your reply. Because I am a trained mechanic myself, I am very particular over my 'mechanical belongings'. I believe I would be able to replace the bezel insert myself if I were to have the special tools but they are too expensive for a one time job. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Have anyone in this forum replaced a bezel insert DIY?

Comment

I'm sure there are and hope they'll chip in here to advise you. I recalled a member who swopped his green steel Submariner (16610LV) bezel with a black one (16610 bezel). He'd also sold this watch and the extra bezel in the forum but I don't remember his nick. Or you may PM one of the moderators Mr illusion84. He may be able to advise you.
          The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

i dont think any watch technician is going to say to you that there wont be any scratches for point 1. they will try their best not to cause additional more scratches.

i would be more concern if the bezel will be warped when being removed.

have you tried to searching on youtube for how to change rolex bezel?

Originally posted by Atomant View Post
            Hi I'm a trained mechanic but unfortunately not quite of a watch technician. So I'm looking for someone that's really qualified in replacing the green LV bezel insert to a black submariner insert. My condition, is that
            1. There must be no scratches whatsoever on the case and/or bezel.
            2. The 12 o clock marker on the bezel must line up with the 12 o clock indice on the dial.
            3. The bezel insert must be replaced in my presence.

Any pointers would be very appreciated.
            if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
            1. subject heading indicating your issue
            2. your nick
            3. your corresponding email address
            4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

one youtube shows a user using a butter spread knife and a normal pin removal tool. so there is 'no' really special tools considering it is a DIY project.

Originally posted by Atomant View Post
              Hi OceanKlassik thanks for your reply. Because I am a trained mechanic myself, I am very particular over my 'mechanical belongings'. I believe I would be able to replace the bezel insert myself if I were to have the special tools but they are too expensive for a one time job. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.
              if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
              1. subject heading indicating your issue
              2. your nick
              3. your corresponding email address
              4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

A Swiss pocket knife will do.

Just need some tapes to tape the lugs.

But if unsure better go watch shop.
                Not sure if they will use the dedicated bezel removal tool thought.
                Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

I did it before to adjust the bezel alignment, no scratches or anything left behind. Is easy, you just have to be brave to it.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X