X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by skydweller_sg View Post
    what is the reason for such popularity?
    to put it generally,it's because ADs get very limited amount of Daytonas per year and rolex also produces very limited production of daytonas.
    therefore explaining why there's always a waiting list for customers interested in getting one.

Comment

• i think have to ask rolex why the limited number of production for ss daytona
      because i do see a lot of TT daytona on the shelf of ADs but hardly see ss daytona sitting on the shelf

Originally posted by Resurge View Post
      to put it generally,it's because ADs get very limited amount of Daytonas per year and rolex also produces very limited production of daytonas.
      therefore explaining why there's always a waiting list for customers interested in getting one.

Comment

i think have to ask rolex why the limited number of production for ss daytona
        because i do see a lot of TT daytona on the shelf of ADs but hardly see ss daytona sitting on the shelf
        thats because ADs make more money selling the TT more than the SS.

Comment

• Can't resist.

Flipped my Daytona to an AP Diver.

Sold the AP Diver to get a simple Submariner Ceramic.

SubC is nice but too boring!

End up I flipped again and back to a Daytona SS black!

Hopefully this is a keeper!

Comment

• Originally posted by charleslin View Post
            Can't resist.

Flipped my Daytona to an AP Diver.

Sold the AP Diver to get a simple Submariner Ceramic.

SubC is nice but too boring!

End up I flipped again and back to a Daytona SS black!

Hopefully this is a keeper!
            i believe that's a good choice for u to switch back to daytona.
            Though I have to say that their new sub c baselworld 2012 looks pretty boring,but still it's a classic watch to look at.

Comment

• Originally posted by Resurge View Post
              i believe that's a good choice for u to switch back to daytona.
              Though I have to say that their new sub c baselworld 2012 looks pretty boring,but still it's a classic watch to look at.
              Yeah, it is still the classic.

But maybe it's just too common, don't like it haha.

Maybe too plain, but it's a good thing also, but I guess I want just a bit of a "bling", haha.

Comment

• I like the way rolex revamp the classic submariner in the 116610ln
                Retains the vintage iconic design, and injected with new elements like maxi dial, enlarged lugs and case, ceramic bezel, glidelock clasp, etc

Comment

I like the way rolex revamp the classic submariner in the 116610ln
                  Retains the vintage iconic design, and injected with new elements like maxi dial, enlarged lugs and case, ceramic bezel, glidelock clasp, etc
                  for me I feel that if u are a rolex watch collector,having a black sub in ur collection is one of the basic requirements to be one.

Comment

• not sure about submariner being the first watch for collectors, a daytona or a gmt2c might also be a good start

Originally posted by Resurge View Post
                    for me I feel that if u are a rolex watch collector,having a black sub in ur collection is one of the basic requirements to be one.

Comment

• If you can afford, Daytona SS is definitely a good start because it is so rare. Just went to my AD last Sat and she said no stock, have to wait. Even if she has it, the price would likely be around $18k!

Comment

not sure about submariner being the first watch for collectors, a daytona or a gmt2c might also be a good start
                        To some,a daytona might be abit on the high side.But GMT2c and the sub sounds more reasonable for a first watch. =)

Comment

• Yeah, to be honest, I think that the Daytona is kinda overpriced, especially at asking prices of around $17K right now, which honestly I rather buy a grey AP Diver at the price point.

But there's this weird appeal about Daytona that I don't know how to explain, but just makes me want one.

My first brand new Rolex was a Daytona, previously had preowned Explorer 2 and Sub ND, but nothing comes close to the Daytona.

Hopefully this time, this piece of Daytona would be something I keep for a long time!

Comment

• Daytona ss has a charm that makes it popular among watch collectors
                            You cant help but admire its beauty, even if you are not into watch collecting
                            I especially like the white daytona - Clean looks that exudes simple elegance

Comment

• ANy difference in price between the black and the white dial locally? thought there used to be different.

Comment

• Hi hi, I'm a new member here. I have the Daytona beach collection in yellow mother of pearl & yellow leather strap : )

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X