No announcement yet.

Difference between a Green Sub and LV?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Difference between a Green Sub and LV?

Hi guys,

Have been wondering what is the difference between a green sub and sub LV? From my understanding, LV is to celebrate the 50th anniversary thingy. But before that green sub is already out in the market right? How to differentiate the watches? Or are they the same?

Thanks

same....
    the hype is true. listen at your own risk.
    visit my watch and audio blog oohlins.blogspot & learn how to use the rolex comfort link

Comment

Originally posted by ohlins View Post
      same....
      Oh same ar? Also wondering why some sub's green bezel seems to be of different shades of green compared to another? Issist due to fading or different batches/series released?

Comment

different suppliers is the reason. also among the different supplier, different material is used hence the differences.
        [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
        [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
        Blue 6694
        Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
        [U]"My collection"[/U]:
        [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

good query from TS. green sub IS the LV (lunette verde) or is it?

from my limited knowlege: the first batch of 50th anniversary sub was purportedly manufactured from parts (bezel, i think) that were outsourced from different suppliers. after which rolex bought over the said components and made the Lunette Verde(green bezel) into a standard sports model production.

whilst it may be lesser than the regular black sub, goodness knows how many greenies are floating out there. read somewhere that the 50th anni or green sub has a special package or something of that sort while the subsequent LVs have the same package as a normal sub.

as to whether the original anniv sub is more sought after than the regular LV is anybody's guess. personally, i'm waiting for V series LV to appear before i take the plunge but if the price is low enuff, i may just buy it straight away.
          Remnants of my irresponsibility:
          "Foreign affections"
          1) Sinn U1-30 June 2007
          2) Rolex Sea-Dweller 16600 M series-23 Jan 08 (HER perpetual oyster )
          3) Omega Seamaster Chrono Diver 2225.80.00-25 Jul 08 (From Wife )
          4) IWC Top Gun Chrono-20 Sep 09
          What's NEXT?

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
          Working...
          X