My Brief Affair with Sea Dweller 4000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Brief Affair with Sea Dweller 4000

Today, I ended my one month affair with the Sea Dweller 4000 . This was one of my dream watch in my younger days. There is nothing wrong with the watch, it is in perfect condition (of course bought NIB) and keeping very good time. In fact I love it, love its beefy bracelet, love its weight pressing against my wrist....

However, after wearing it for a few days, I realised I got a problem. I can't read the date ...not without cyclops ! Everytime I need to read the date, I'll need to pull the watch slightly away from me and do the Rolex salute. I was actutally thinking whether if it is possible to install a cyclops at RSC . But after much research, I knew it is impossible because of the thicker crystal. I'm one which needed date on my watch... luckily so... so daytona is not my cup of tea.

This evening I wore it for the last time and traded for a LV with a nice gentleman... As I wear the LV, I felt so what an empty feeling on my wrist. Think I'll always miss and remember the SD...

Sad that you have to part with it. In fact, SD is a very nice watch, juz find it different from any other Rolex dive watch.

Cheers
    Current

Rolex DSSD
    Rolex SD
    Pam 162
    Pam 351
    Tudor Hydronaut
    Fortis 24hrs Automatic
    Seiko Sumo Automatic

Comment

SD not for those with presbyopia

Me too. Suffering for 'long-sightedness'. Therefore SD is out.

Comment

Buy it back...then u hav both.. nothing else to worry already!

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

KEKE ! i sometimes in the nite i got problem with my bling bling datejust 16233, i just pretend i read the time and date already
          *** EMMANUEL***

Comment

Bling Bling makes you Blink Blink

Originally posted by UncleLau View Post
            KEKE ! i sometimes in the nite i got problem with my bling bling datejust 16233, i just pretend i read the time and date already

Uncle Lau, I think you eyesight is still good..but the bling bling is too large and dazzling..must go for smaller diamonds next time

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
            Working...
            X