Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Submariner and Seadweller thread!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by trailblazer View Post
    I believe the gmt IIc gives you the clicky feel too if you like a rotational bezel, but again, its a different watch altogether as well..if you want a diver, you want a diver..period
    bezel works differently when you compare the gmt2c to rolex diver watches (minute increments)...
    “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

Hey bro Otar, just wondering if you are able to see the laser etched coronet at 6 oclock for your DSSD? Its 5mm thick and I am thinking if it is possible to see. Let me know pls, thanks.
      i don't think there is laser etched coronet for the Deep Sea. well, at least i can't see. i will try to post some pix tonight to confirm.
      I don't need another watch.

Comment

• Originally posted by Otar View Post
        i don't think there is laser etched coronet for the Deep Sea. well, at least i can't see. i will try to post some pix tonight to confirm.
        it's there; right above the "K" in LOCK.

shine a light through the crystal at differing angles... and you might see it.

try pointing your beam from 12 o'clock to 6 o'clock...
        “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

• Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
          Because the glidelock is based on friction grip. cannot be helped, and pretty common.
          If that is so, 2 TT SUB Cermaic also the same ? The centre link GOLD gets scratches too ?

Comment

• I believe the coronet is there, just the thickness mite make it more difficult to spot. Lean the watch from left to right should make it easier, perhaps some beam of light will help, like how taxico suggested.
            Audentis fortuna juvat.

Comment

• Originally posted by DM101 View Post
              If that is so, 2 TT SUB Cermaic also the same ? The centre link GOLD gets scratches too ?
              Any polished surface is a scratch magnet But there are some off the shelf polishing cloths that will help.
              Audentis fortuna juvat.

Comment

I believe the coronet is there, just the thickness mite make it more difficult to spot. Lean the watch from left to right should make it easier, perhaps some beam of light will help, like how taxico suggested.
                oh, i always thot there is no coronet. Silly me. I will try to spot it. anyway, here is the photo. NO CORONET!! LOL.

Comment

• Originally posted by Otar View Post
                  oh, i always thot there is no coronet. Silly me. I will try to spot it. anyway, here is the photo. NO CORONET!! LOL.

if you can so easily see the laser etching... it's probably a fake...!

Comment

• Dear all bros,

just to check if there is a laser etched coronet for the V series submariner 16610. I cant seem to find mine .

thks alot

Comment

• thanks bro! i followed your method and managed to spot it!

but it is so small and i actually cannot make out what it is if i hadn't seen pictures of it before. there are quite a number of nice images if you just google 'laser etched coronet'. there is even one picture taken using the Deep Sea. tried to take some pictures of it but not successful as i do not have any macro lens with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by alvin4c View Post
                        Dear all bros,

just to check if there is a laser etched coronet for the V series submariner 16610. I cant seem to find mine .

thks alot
                        i believe so too. seen some pictures of the coronet taken with the 16610. just google 'laser etched coronet' and you shd be able to find many pictures.

Comment

• thks bro, found it. using the same method...really strain my eyes...haha...

cheers

Comment

• Glad you found it. From the photo, may be easier to spot if you snap leaning on some angle.

Its a very faint engrave and yes like taxico stated, if its too obvious its probably a fake.
                            Audentis fortuna juvat.

Comment

• Originally posted by alvin4c View Post
                              thks bro, found it. using the same method...really strain my eyes...haha...

cheers
                              After straining the pocket, straining some eyes is worth it..LOL
                              Audentis fortuna juvat.

Comment

• My new found joy

I love this pound of beef!!!

Audentis fortuna juvat.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X