• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Come on Ocean. do it, just do it, come on do it

在幻变的生命里, 岁月, 原来是最大的小偷...

Comment

haha... that's funny

It seems many are encouraging me to "do it, do it"! Well, I've to seriously consider it and post my watches for sale before I can have enough to acquire the Daytona. Anyone keen to make me an offer ?
      The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
        haha... that's funny

It seems many are encouraging me to "do it, do it"! Well, I've to seriously consider it and post my watches for sale before I can have enough to acquire the Daytona. Anyone keen to make me an offer ?
        Against forum's rules: No selling of multiple watches in one thread.
        Must state selling price.

Comment

Not really correct Mr Alexlow. You can't sell individual watches in one thread but you can sell many watches as a whole in one thread. So it means there's still only one pricing. Anyway I don't think I bear to let go all at one go or I will go into depression . Slowly ... but surely
          The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

You can always try to sell all at once but is it possible to break even when you really do sell them? Do you love the Daytona enough or should I say dislike your current pieces enough to sell them?

If given a chance to move back 4years in time.. I would not buy any watches and just save up for a Patek. But the question is would I want a Patek if I have not tried the different watches before.

End of the day, wether you decide to sell all or keep partial of your current pieces, it's only a matter of when you get your Daytona and it will not be your last.

Do you know what I mean??? I also dunno what I am talking but I am looking forward to your wristshot.

Cheers
            相信我,这是最后一只了

Comment

Originally posted by larry88
              Chances are the one you want to sell wont go up in prices anymore

On the other hand price for Daytona can only go one direction

Earlier you do it, e earlier you get to enjoy it, cheaper as well.
              Now, that's really "poisonous"

Originally posted by Ray_Watches View Post
              You can always try to sell all at once but is it possible to break even when you really do sell them? Do you love the Daytona enough or should I say dislike your current pieces enough to sell them?

If given a chance to move back 4years in time.. I would not buy any watches and just save up for a Patek. But the question is would I want a Patek if I have not tried the different watches before.

End of the day, wether you decide to sell all or keep partial of your current pieces, it's only a matter of when you get your Daytona and it will not be your last.

Do you know what I mean??? I also dunno what I am talking but I am looking forward to your wristshot.

Cheers
              Yes Mr Ray_Watches, I get what you mean. This has come across my mind that if I can ever turn back time, I will know better what to/not to buy. Even not taking up this hobby at all! I'll be much richer by now. But that's not going to happen and I haven't regretted one bit about this hobby. I'm still enjoying it till now. As for the wrist shot...

Originally posted by Rolex116613
              i can give you counseling if you go into depression, but i do charge by the hourly rate.
              I will not mind if you are as pretty as your pic
              The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
                Hi people,

I'm really at two minds about selling away all my watches to just have one/two in my collection. I hate it when I couldn't share enough time with the few that I have. Do you think I should do that? I only have a few humble (and I mean it) watches so the one I am getting will not be 'alarmingly' expensive. And I don't need you to guess, I am intending to stop this watch craze thingy after getting a brand new ROLEX Daytona (116520). By being able to afford it, I'm talking about selling off 4-5 watches.

If you are free, share your thoughts with me.

Thank you
                keep the best , forget the rest! Daytona is the winner!!

Comment

Originally posted by kt Lim View Post
                  Bro,

This won't do...once a watch lover always a watch lover...

I can sell all my Rolex to fund a daytona but will I regret??? 100% YES... So I decide to go for the long way...save slowly...ultimately tat day will come and can own every watch...

For me it's good to have more than one... I like e feeling of changing watch every now and then...I am just not a one watch guy...

Daytona...the day will come...

Cheers
                  I agree with Mr Lim.
                  Bro Ocean, don't sell ALL just to get another piece you cannot resist. Satisfying your lust this once does not justify the pain and hurt of losing your old stuff. You have a smelly pillow before when you were young? What did you do when you knew your folks dumped it when you were still at classes? You threw a tantrum right??

And what will you do with only 1 watch (daytona) in your collection? Use it as a daily beater? It will rule you, own you, consume you. Seems like many poisoned bros here are stinging you. Do not follow the herd and bow down.

If you must sell, you should just select a few. But choose wisely. There will always be another daytona day. Just save hard for it. Or stick to what you can affordand yet remain happy.
                  Last edited by dark.magnet; 04-04-13, 02:53 PM.
                  "Houston, Tranquility Base here. The Eagle has landed."

Comment

Originally posted by louie View Post
                    keep the best , forget the rest! Daytona is the winner!!

Mr louie ... why do this to me

Originally posted by dark.magnet View Post
                    I agree with Mr Lim.
                    Bro Ocean, don't sell ALL just to get another piece you cannot resist. Satisfying your lust this once does not justify the pain and hurt of losing your old stuff. You have a smelly pillow before when you were young? What did you do when you knew your folks dumped it when you were still at classes? You threw a tantrum right??

If you must sell, you should just select a few. But choose wisely. There will always be another daytona day. Just save hard for it.
                    Heh, Mr dark.magnet! Tx for dropping by with such thoughtful advice . You are not wrong. I may end up regretting what I sold and the fear of the Daytona not being "The Final One" . So it's like a gamble in a way. But you did strike a very important point in how I will re-look into my choices now

Thank you
                    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

That is no problem B.
                      I am more a sentimental guy, so parting with watches is very difficult for me esp when i put so much effort into caring for them. Those i have sold, i lived to regret almost every single time. The guilt sometimes spurred me to buy the same piece back again. So i guess you know the madness will never end until you rationalise, in your own head, what you need versus what you want, and when to stop chasing "The Final One". Those of us who don't, are unlikely to ever find peace pursuing this hobby.

I do hope that you will at least keep the very nice sinn U1 your wife bought you. I regretted selling mine in the end of course, and i know that one day i will be on the hunt for it again like a ravenous wolf. Even better if the buyer lets me have mine back.

Comment

.. sounds 'remorseful' .. I'm trying not to get into the same '****' all over again.

Tx again
                        The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

First of all there is no such thing as "1 watch" in the world of WIS.
                          Secondly I will not want to give up all the watches that I have accumulated over the years and bonded with, probably sharing some memories with in exchange for just 1 watch.
                          Last but not least I personally feel that the Daytona is not a good candidate as a "1 watch"
                          1. It's got no date function in case you need it
                          2. It's a bit "loud" so may not be appropriate for certain occasions or places
                          3. The PCL makes it very hard to maintain in mint cond if its for daily wear

That said, watch collecting is an emotional thing, so logic dosent apply sometimes.
                          Do what your heart tells you.

And if you do get it, pls poison us with pictures.
                          It keeps us dreaming.

Comment

Mr. Ocean, if you are dying for a daytona because someone said you should own one at some point of your life, that person has a different thinking now.

There is no such thing as the best watch. The most prestige brand/model, maybe.

The way I treat watches nowadays is quite similar to Mr dark.magnet I think - I try to build a relationship with them. Which is why the longer I keep a watch, the more difficult it is for me to part with it. Hence I either flip a watch very quickily, or keep it for considerable long period. To me a great watch is not just a good looking watch, but also one that reminds me of something or someone.

I will not sell the first rolex I bought brand new, for it marks an achievement. I will not sell the omega LE panda with the eagle on the back, as my son loves it and asked me not to sell so I will keep it for him. One of my seikos has been to EU and many other holidays with me, so now it is part of the family. That's how I "build relationship" with my watches. I regret selling the 6694 my wife bought for me to upgrade (no it was not the two that I sold on this forum). If I had a chance to buy either a daytona at a great bargain or pay triple to buy back the 6694, I would go for the 6694 without second thought.

I know there is one camp of people who believe one should keep upgrading and reach for the best - that's pretty much the mindset that we are taught. But when you get the best, then what? You kill a hobby. Or pursue a "better best"?
                            Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

Originally posted by mobile22 View Post
                              First of all there is no such thing as "1 watch" in the world of WIS.
                              Secondly I will not want to give up all the watches that I have accumulated over the years and bonded with, probably sharing some memories with in exchange for just 1 watch.
                              Last but not least I personally feel that the Daytona is not a good candidate as a "1 watch"
                              1. It's got no date function in case you need it
                              2. It's a bit "loud" so may not be appropriate for certain occasions or places
                              3. The PCL makes it very hard to maintain in mint cond if its for daily wear

That said, watch collecting is an emotional thing, so logic dosent apply sometimes.
                              Do what your heart tells you.

And if you do get it, pls poison us with pictures.
                              It keeps us dreaming.
                              This is a good practical perspective. I would not have expected any less from our bro mobile22!

Many loose cannons here would urge one to "hoot" the "grail", but it's just a matter of typing a few lines and it's not their money you're spending. So why would they care?
                              But if one willingly thrust himself into the pool of poison and shun logic, then even God cannot save him. Just ensure no regrets and no looking back.

Using key events, key individuals in our lives is indeed a useful way of forming emotional attachments with our timepieces. Quite a romantic way of collecting watches, not just for their calibres/complications etc.

Comment

Originally posted by dark.magnet View Post
                                This is a good practical perspective. I would not have expected any less from our bro mobile22!

Many loose cannons here would urge one to "hoot" the "grail", but it's just a matter of typing a few lines and it's not their money you're spending. So why would they care?
                                But if one willingly thrust himself into the pool of poison and shun logic, then even God cannot save him. Just ensure no regrets and no looking back.

Using key events, key individuals in our lives is indeed a useful way of forming emotional attachments with our timepieces. Quite a romantic way of collecting watches, not just for their calibres/complications etc.

Alamak... kena deem a loose cannon for encouraging OP to do the change..
                                Yeh, its his $$, and also his wrist to wear his watches (current pieces or new) mah. Those watches (i do not know what and how many OP owns) that he's giving little or no wrist time, I view that its better to trade them off for one that he will enjoy. But I do stand on the side that one should not sell away watches with sentimental value, unless he/she encounters dire situations.

Well, i think after all these responses, Ocean willl have a clearer state of mind to decide. enjoy
                                在幻变的生命里, 岁月, 原来是最大的小偷...

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X