This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BenCheong View Post
    Hi bro I have the same situation here, was looking at the Daytona ceramic RG just now at Raffles City and suddenly got a urge to sell off my hulk and blue TT and top up for that, better lun first, still trying to get over it now haha...
    my other half has the urge to get me to sell my sub c & Daytona to get the rose gold Daytona... lol... it's a nice piece, but I don't see myself wearing a full gold watch everyday... not that level leh... normal salary worker.. haha...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Current:
    BALL Fireman Ionsphere
    Rolex Daytona 116520 M series
    Rolex Sub C 116610LN AN series

Gone:
    BALL Trainmaster Pulsemeter Pro
    IWC GST Chronograph 3707
    Rolex Explorer II D series
    Rolex Sub 16610 M series

Next Target:
    Rolex Day-date 18239!! The president.. :D:D
    AP????

In the meantime:
    Save $$ ar!!! & hope strike TOTO or Big Sweep!! :pray:

Comment

Originally posted by BenCheong View Post
      Hi bro I have the same situation here, was looking at the Daytona ceramic RG just now at Raffles City and suddenly got a urge to sell off my hulk and blue TT and top up for that, better lun first, still trying to get over it now haha...
      For the Rg Daytona can wait awhile more to get, but the current ss Daytona might be discontinued soon though. Decisions has to be fast.
      Current Collection :

1) Rolex YG White Mother of Pearl Roman Dial Datejust 16018 (8 mil Serial)

2) Rolex YG Black Computer Roman Dial Datejust 16238 (L Serial)

3) Rolex TT Blue Submariner 16613LB (M Serial)

4) Rolex YG Red Vignette DayDate 18038 (8 mil Serial)

5) Rolex PT Pinkish White MOP DayDate 18206 (A Serial)

Comment

Sell all! you'll know what you collection is worth.

Comment

Originally posted by pegasi View Post

The way I treat watches nowadays is quite similar to Mr dark.magnet I think - I try to build a relationship with them. Which is why the longer I keep a watch, the more difficult it is for me to part with it. Hence I either flip a watch very quickily, or keep it for considerable long period. To me a great watch is not just a good looking watch, but also one that reminds me of something or someone.

I will not sell the first rolex I bought brand new, for it marks an achievement. I will not sell the omega LE panda with the eagle on the back, as my son loves it and asked me not to sell so I will keep it for him. One of my seikos has been to EU and many other holidays with me, so now it is part of the family. That's how I "build relationship" with my watches. I regret selling the 6694 my wife bought for me to upgrade (no it was not the two that I sold on this forum). If I had a chance to buy either a daytona at a great bargain or pay triple to buy back the 6694, I would go for the 6694 without second thought.
          Hi Pegasi, that's very good sharing. Whilst we are taught not to be too sentimentally attached to material items, unless your daily business is the buying and selling of goods/watches, then it's difficult to carry this out in practice.

For me personally, the acquisition of a new watch (I'm using this loosely of course, to mean something I don't have yet, not necessarily 'brand new') is often to punctuate or commemorate a certain high point in my life. Like you, I would not sell my very first Rolex bought brand new, as it is a reminder of a certain career achievement, and that, in a way, I've "arrived". On the other hand, I recall browsing a second-hand shop some years back and chancing upon one of the early Tag Heuer Links chrono watch, which was what all the 'cool' rich kids wore at my university in the mid-80's, and which unfortunately, was way out of my league then. My wife found it curious that I was insistent on buying this ~USD350 second-hand watch (when there were other newer, nicer choices), but to me the purchase was like a vindication of sorts after so many years. Ditto for a cheap 'Swiss Army' watch my wife gave me some years ago when we were just starting to make our way in the world: I know how much it costs and it doesn't get any wrist time, but I wouldn't give it up for anything -- not even a Daytona. :-)

There are some watches of course that I just bought out of a whim, as I've found myself indulging on this hobby with some regularity (every 2 years or so I get the itch to buy a new one), or when I'm being offered an unexpected but irresistable offer. Unless those watches become part of one of my life's highlights, then I believe those would be prime candidates for eventual off-loading. Whilst I don't believe in running after the herd, I do acknowledge that personal tastes change over time and you tend to outgrow certain things or even certain brands, and thus you find yourself upgrading. Whilst a Swatch would have been my focal point of interest in my teens, for instance, I wouldn't be caught dead in a Swatch store today -- not to say that Swatch is a lousy product (in fact, I think for a while, it was a revolutionary and marketing champion product), but just because I've already outgrown the brand and that perhaps at my current age, stature and position, I feel a more distinguished or 'mature' watch is more appropriate for me. Add the fact that a watch is the only piece of jewellery that straight guys are generally considered allowed to wear (sorry, but I cringe at guys who wear 5-carat diamond rings -- no offense to any posters here!), then in recent years I have been more retrospect about my watch purchases.

Comment

looking for 3rd watch for myself. one for daily work, one for sport already

Comment

hihi handsome klassik.put ur most precious watch wif me n i pay 4 ur daytona . u can rturn me wif something else n redeem back ur watch when i m sastified offer oni 2 handsome klassik,others need nt apply:lol:

Comment

Oops! I did it again..!!

For closure of this thread I find "evil", here it is...

Thanks all
                The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

I thought I will not get a daytona bcos of the price being the top of the Rolex sports range, however I jump in and not regret a bit. But it took me some time to recover from the damage and now I am moving on for other watch. No regrets at all and still looking and collecting. Lucky for me is I don't have to sell my other watches to fund it.

I dunno abt u but I still love my other watches cos they took me some difficulties and time to search and aquired. So i value them but if you can let off your current collection then do it, maybe 1 daytona for now, the day u will need another daily beater maybe a sub or some kind. follow your heart and enjoy.

Comment

Thank you
                    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X