Need advise on a vintage 6694

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need advise on a vintage 6694

Dear gurus, I just bought a 6694 and made a mistake for not fully winding the watch to check on the spot. When I reached home, I adjusted the date and time and wanted to give it a full wind. To my surprise, there's no end to my winding. I owned a 6694 some years back and this wasn't the case. Surprising, there is winding "feel" to my endless winding of this watch and it seems to be working fine. Another discovery is that I can feel a "slip" after some revolutions of winding, similar to closing a inferior mineral water bottle cap (if you know what I mean).

I believe there may be some problem to this watch and can some senior bros advise me some independent watch repair shops and the estimated cost of resolving this problem?

Thanks!

Originally posted by jlch_sg View Post
    Dear gurus, I just bought a 6694 and made a mistake for not fully winding the watch to check on the spot. When I reached home, I adjusted the date and time and wanted to give it a full wind. To my surprise, there's no end to my winding. I owned a 6694 some years back and this wasn't the case. Surprising, there is winding "feel" to my endless winding of this watch and it seems to be working fine. Another discovery is that I can feel a "slip" after some revolutions of winding, similar to closing a inferior mineral water bottle cap (if you know what I mean).

I believe there may be some problem to this watch and can some senior bros advise me some independent watch repair shops and the estimated cost of resolving this problem?

Thanks!
    You might want to try to bring your watch to Uncle Goh at K2
    "Oh enjoying the thrill of the chase is fine. Craving the distraction of the game, I sympathize entirely. But sentiment, sentiment is a chemical defect found in the losing side."

Comment

as the 6694 is a manual winding watch. it looks like the watch has been over wind and something broke inside. would suggest that you bring your watch to RSC, however the cost is likely to be higher than most independent watch repairer

Thanks!
      if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
      1. subject heading indicating your issue
      2. your nick
      3. your corresponding email address
      4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Please pardon my ignorance, may I know where can I find uncle Goh at K-?

Comment

K- at Tanjong Katong Complex

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

If u buy from shop
              Shud have warranty
              But if buy from individual
              Then .....

Comment

Thanks all. I got it repaired at Chinatown. The spring broked and although it still worked, it could not be fully wound and could only last about 14 hours before the watch stopped. The spring was replaced at a very affordable price at $50.

Comment

Thanks all. I got it repaired at Chinatown. The spring broked and although it still worked, it could not be fully wound and could only last about 14 hours before the watch stopped. The spring was replaced at a very affordable price at $50.
                  Hi there, can share what is the shop name? I am noob to Rolex watch and I needed a trustworthy shop (beside agent) to replace my dad's 6694 chain.

Comment

when you say chain, are you referring to the bracelet? if it is, then when you say replace, you mean the entire bracelet? not easy to find a complete 6694 bracelet these days. my suggestion is you go to peoples park complex and try some of the pre-own shop. as for authenticity, you will have to go back to RSC for verification.

Originally posted by kawaridess View Post
                    Hi there, can share what is the shop name? I am noob to Rolex watch and I needed a trustworthy shop (beside agent) to replace my dad's 6694 chain.
                    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                    1. subject heading indicating your issue
                    2. your nick
                    3. your corresponding email address
                    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

hello, whats the shop name pls?

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X