No announcement yet.

Are there many Vintage Collectors here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are there many Vintage Collectors here?

Just wondering..........

If yes, can you show some photos of your watches? Thanks in advance!

Here some of mine.....

5513 Maxi and 1665 [Box and paper]

A selection of TUDOR subs....

Minus the 16600, thats been sold.... the GMT is a fatlady 16760

Comment

First person I will think of when it comes to Vintage is....PETER! Hahah

I am not a vintage collector but i do have a vintage piece...my vintage DJ

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

What a nice collection you got there! Very nice!

problmchylde, do you know what is the market rate for a 60's 5513?

Originally posted by problmchylde View Post
        Here some of mine.....

Comment

Originally posted by 116520 View Post
          What a nice collection you got there! Very nice!

problmchylde, do you know what is the market rate for a 60's 5513?
          Currently, I think the 5513 prices have gone berzerk .If its a meters first 5513, it will command even more.Looking at what dealers are asking, a matte dial 5513 will cost at least $6500 to $7500. Its just crazy.About 1 1/2 years ago, i got a few 5513s for $4.5k.

But, I always tell collectors, if you really like the watch, and its within your pain threshold, go for it.

Regards, Peter.

Comment

Nice watches there!

Currently, I think the 5513 prices have gone berzerk .If its a meters first 5513, it will command even more.Looking at what dealers are asking, a matte dial 5513 will cost at least $6500 to $7500. Its just crazy.About 1 1/2 years ago, i got a few 5513s for $4.5k.

But, I always tell collectors, if you really like the watch, and its within your pain threshold, go for it.

Regards, Peter.
            Agree with you on the 5513 pricing. One caveat though, collectors of these are now very picky. They only buy those with hands that match the dials, and hands must be tritium.

Comment

Thanks for the info... I came across a 5513 (after checking its series number, it should be a 60s watch). The dealer was asking $8k. I was fair enough to offer him $7k but the deal was not closed as he demand more and I didn't get in...

The case's edges of the watch are round/smooth (polished?). My newer watches have sharp edges, even for my 70's 6263. Is it normal for the 5513? or has it been "over" polished?

Thanks for all your input!

Regards, Peter.

Comment

How do you know whether the hands are tritium or not?

Pandon me as I am a beginner for vintage rolex watch

Originally posted by Reborn View Post
                Agree with you on the 5513 pricing. One caveat though, collectors of these are now very picky. They only buy those with hands that match the dials, and hands must be tritium.

Comment

Generally, over the years, if a 5513 has been serviced b4, its case and lugs will normally be thinner., due to the polishing process.

As for tritium hands, if its original, they shouldn't glow in the dark due to its age.Also, they should turn a nice creamy colour, although dun take that as a rule.If your hands glow a errie GREEN, its LUMINOVA hands.

Regards,P.

Comment

Thanks!

Generally, over the years, if a 5513 has been serviced b4, its case and lugs will normally be thinner., due to the polishing process.

As for tritium hands, if its original, they shouldn't glow in the dark due to its age.Also, they should turn a nice creamy colour, although dun take that as a rule.If your hands glow a errie GREEN, its LUMINOVA hands.

Regards,P.

Comment

I am not a vintage collector but I love my 6263...

Comment

Awesome watch.The current price of one of these can probably buy half of my collection.....

Comment

As in how much?
                          The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by 116520 View Post
                            I am not a vintage collector but I love my 6263...

Nice

Comment

Generally tritium hands do not glow as they have lost their luminosity. However, they have a certain unique texture. Got to be careful though, not all hands which do not glow are necessarily tritium.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X