Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone knows where do second hands shop, pre-owned, etc get their supply of vintage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone knows where do second hands shop, pre-owned, etc get their supply of vintage?

Gd morn all bros,

Anyone knows where do pre-owned, etc get their supply of vintage watches other than from seller like u n me? Do they have a middle man supplying vintage watches scouted from around the world?

Just wondering...hope someone can shed some lights to it...Cheers all! ;-)
    My collection

Rolex DateJust 16014,
    Rolex DateJust 16233,
    Rolex Submariner 16613LN
    Rolex GMT-Master IIC 116713LN
    Rolex Daytona 116523 (Champagne Gold Dial with Diamonds)
    Rolex Day-Day 1803, 18038 & 18238
    Omega Seamaster TT Polaris
    Omega Speedmaster Professional 1861Moonwatch

Wishlist:
    Short Term Hunt, YM

Long Term Hunt,
    Rolex DayDate, Omega Cal. 321 and 861 Professional SpeedMaster Moon-watch.

i know. but i can't reveal due to sensitivity of such information.

also no pre own watch dealer is going to tell you where they source. even if they tell you where they source, you also cannot get the pricing.

a simple logic will tell you that they only deal with mass quantity, they are not going to deal with end users for 1 or 2 pieces. too much time and effort.
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Oic...thanks Bro Triton for sharing...

If possible, share with me via PM...dnt need the supplier list, just wonder how it works...esp the cost price, markup etc...may write it up as part of a MBA project...hee hee... Cheers all! ;-)
      My collection

Rolex DateJust 16014,
      Rolex DateJust 16233,
      Rolex Submariner 16613LN

Wishlist:
      Short Term Hunt, YM

Long Term Hunt,

Comment

not possible to share with anyone. why would i wont to spoil someone's rice bowl?

if you look @ the cost of the watch and do abit of deduction, you can have a rough estimation of price.

Originally posted by Kohky26 View Post

If possible, share with me via PM...dnt need the supplier list, just wonder how it works...esp the cost price, markup etc...may write it up as part of a MBA project...hee hee... Cheers all! ;-)
        if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

kindly email with
        2. your nick

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

Comment

trade secret la. even lao jiao insiders like Bro T... knows, no sensible person will tell.
          Like those shops who sells bnib gucci lv prada...

2nd hand cost price can estimate.

much less than AD imo. Can see from the staff discount level.
          Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

Okie...got the hints and understand trade secrets...guess have to learn more...n thanks to both bros for sharing even those bits above are quite alot...thanks once again! Cheers! ;-)
            My collection

Rolex DateJust 16014,
            Rolex DateJust 16233,
            Rolex Submariner 16613LN

Wishlist:
            Short Term Hunt, YM

Long Term Hunt,

Comment

even if there's supplier's list,i doubt no 1 will be willing to share with u.

how does the cost price works,some of us here knows.

how does the markup works,some of us here also knows.

but all this is through years of exploring around and doing more legwork mixing with the right group of ppl.

I'll suggest u to do what i mentioned above rather than sitting down at home or anywhere facing the com,laptop and smart phone to bring up this question in any forum or etc and expect ppl to spoon feed u their years of experience and maybe hardship in getting all the knowledges that they know.

I know this may sounds rude but this is what u have to go through in life.

Just my 2 cents worth.
              累了才放慢脚步; 错了才想到后悔;苦了才懂得满足;伤了 才明白坚强; 醉了才知道难忘 ; 笑了才体会美丽!

是否我沉默了,你才能听到我的心声?是否我停止了,你才能看到我的眼泪?是否我心碎了,你才会摸到我的心痛?是否我消失了,你才会知道我的存在?

Comment

Gd morn all bros,

Anyone knows where do pre-owned, etc get their supply of vintage watches other than from seller like u n me? Do they have a middle man supplying vintage watches scouted from around the world?

Just wondering...hope someone can shed some lights to it...Cheers all! ;-)
                Bro...if tell you the source, might as well let you take over the business liao...

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Heehee...thanks all for sharing again! Cheers! ;-)

No lah, also got go out n run ard asking tis n tat...trying my best to learn as much as possible...here learn the most thanks to the generosity of all rolex masters...nevertheless, watever providd above i roughly get it...thanks once again! :-)

Fun n interesting learning n picking up all these knowledge! ;-)
                  My collection

Rolex DateJust 16014,
                  Rolex DateJust 16233,
                  Rolex Submariner 16613LN

Wishlist:
                  Short Term Hunt, YM

Long Term Hunt,

Comment

if want to learn, join the gathering. when people start to trust you, they might share with you. other than that, it is still very much a close guarded secret.

some things can share. some things cannot share.

i dont dare to say i know alot, probably what i know is just the tip of iceberg. i am still learning every day. there is so much to learn from members here. new members, senior members, all have different experiences and knowledge.

kindly email with
                    2. your nick

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
                      not possible to share with anyone. why would i wont to spoil someone's rice bowl?

if you look @ the cost of the watch and do abit of deduction, you can have a rough estimation of price.
                      Boss Triton, beri steady!

where to find such righteous person on earth... You deserve a BEER! Hell Yeah

Comment

me not righteous lah. without the support from advertisers, the forum wont have so many good lobangs also.

Originally posted by davidoff View Post
                        Boss Triton, beri steady!

where to find such righteous person on earth... You deserve a BEER! Hell Yeah

kindly email with
                        2. your nick

Comment

Would really love to drink kopi n ice cold beers with all bros so that i can pics the nick w face...but i got a busy schedule...hope i can make it too...Cheers all! ;-)
                          My collection

Rolex DateJust 16014,
                          Rolex DateJust 16233,
                          Rolex Submariner 16613LN

Wishlist:
                          Short Term Hunt, YM

Long Term Hunt,

Comment

Learning the trade

In the past, you learn by "paying school fees" (I.e. buy the wrong items or not original items) as you have only seconds to decide when the dealers showed his watches with many others watching and wanting them as well. Train the eyes and judgement..

Comment

Pawnshops? I always thought there must be some supply chain from pawnshops to these dealers

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X