Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GBS
    replied
    There a couple in Indonesia that will do it. But you need to have friends there to monitor for you. Prices are reasonable too.

Leave a comment:

• genie
    replied
    Originally posted by profzhu View Post
    Lead time is pretty standard, around 8 weeks depending on parts. But given the Rolex capital of the world is Hong Kong, shouldn't be too long.
    That means 2 trips up to HK. Unless you've got 8 weeks worth of annual leave to spend at one go in HK

Leave a comment:

• 65wang
    replied
    Hi Guys, seen this before "Rolex SuperOyster ref. 6108, CAL.A260."
    Last edited by 65wang; 26-09-14, 01:09 PM. Reason: wrong phto

Leave a comment:

• profzhu
    replied
    Lead time is pretty standard, around 8 weeks depending on parts. But given the Rolex capital of the world is Hong Kong, shouldn't be too long.

Leave a comment:

• Jamiewabbit
    replied
    But how long is the wait time for service?

Leave a comment:

• genie
    replied
    Originally posted by profzhu View Post
    Go Rolex Hong Kong and service I guess. The quotation I got from them for a 1680 is 2000-3000 HKD for a full service. That's half the price of Singapore. Service just 1 watch and the money you save can pay for the flight. Service 2 watches and the hotel money is saved as well.

They don't charge GST, they don't charge for authentication, they have pretty ladies working at RSC counter, overall way better experience than Singapore.
    That's a very tempting proposition. But it's based on the assumption that you can drop off and pick up your watch all within your holiday duration.

Leave a comment:

• profzhu
    replied
    Go Rolex Hong Kong and service I guess. The quotation I got from them for a 1680 is 2000-3000 HKD for a full service. That's half the price of Singapore. Service just 1 watch and the money you save can pay for the flight. Service 2 watches and the hotel money is saved as well.

They don't charge GST, they don't charge for authentication, they have pretty ladies working at RSC counter, overall way better experience than Singapore.

Leave a comment:

• ecneret_eel
    replied
    would like to ask if reliable watch techs like k2 provide servicing with authentic rolex parts if needed?
    or is it 3rd party?
    thanks

Leave a comment:

• taxico
    replied
    Originally posted by prozac51 View Post
    I don't quite understand.
    i apologize, i read wrongly - instead of a veriflat, i saw it as 6152 which i thought was a panerai made by rolex...

veriflat parts are quite scarce in supply... you may have better luck at RSCs in neighbouring countries.

Leave a comment:

• prozac51
    replied
    Originally posted by taxico View Post
    will panerai help?
    I don't quite understand.

Leave a comment:

• taxico
    replied
    will panerai help?

Leave a comment:

• prozac51
    replied
    I'm another victim here of RSC rejection for my 6512. They wouldn't even want to do a clean and oil on the pretext that the parts inside might be brittle and break. Seems like very 'good' PR telling a customer their bulletproof watch will be brittle one day and not something you can keep running for more than 30 years. But I guess their hands are tied to process and policies.

My only gripe is that not too long ago, a similar watch was accepted for service at the RSC in NY. Caveat was that they wouldn't guarantee it against waterproofing.

Leave a comment:

• ahmeow1967
    replied
    Tamjong katong complex also got a few knows how to service vintage.

Leave a comment:

• visvim
    replied
    Originally posted by AndrewT View Post
    Hi bros, need some advice - my uncle has a vintage rolex that has not been serviced for the last 20 years. Now showing some signs of dying. Would it be better to send direct to Rolex for servicing? Or will the independent shops be OK? Thanks.
    Top Hour at Lucky Plaza or ** Watch at International Plaza. I personally have done a few repairs with Uncle Lim at Top Hour and i do recommend him. Just be patient because he really does take his time and you randomly have to call back to remind him you are still waiting for your watch. Other than that, quite trustworthy uncle.

Leave a comment:

• AndrewT
    replied
    Hi bros, need some advice - my uncle has a vintage rolex that has not been serviced for the last 20 years. Now showing some signs of dying. Would it be better to send direct to Rolex for servicing? Or will the independent shops be OK? Thanks.

Leave a comment:

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
Working...
X