Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• toffeesthings
    replied
    Bro, JW has compatible straps, 19/16 is the right size for the Mark XV. If not, 20/16 is ok also, 1mm doesn't make much difference, just a tighter squeeze and in fact, getting a wider strap is better in the long run when the leather shrinks.

Leave a comment:

• Darkangel
    replied
    Sweeesweee congrats again

Leave a comment:

• exxondus
    replied
    sun was bad this morn but luckily can still capture some pics.

Nothing really spectacular so don be too disappointed

Heres what I bought

Decided on the Mark XV after trying on the 15 and found it to be too big for me. Big because of the lug-to-lug distance (Its even longer than my GMTIIc!). However, for some reason on that day that I realised the 16 wasnt for me, I wasnt disappointed. turned out that I preferred the 15 haha!! Was a blessing in disguise as I would have bought the XVI and then in my mind, kept thinking of the 15.

Anyway, point I am trying to make is, watch is a very personal preference. you basically don need to bother with who prefers what and likes what. For me, I was asking ard which is better, 16 or 15. In actual fact, there is no better or not. Its a matter of preference as most people prefer the more model looking 16. However, for me, I actually found the 16 to be more like a BP wannabe and has a striking resemblance to other German brands such as Sinn and Damasko.

I undestand from Decksurgeon that the revamp was to make the series more specific by IWC. I agree with that but unfortunately, dint really work for me. I do like the BP tho. Saw it physically on someone's wrist one day and it was really gorgeous. Too bad too big and too ex for me

Finally, the wristshot!!

This is the most simple looking watch I ever own. I always liked and prefer those chornos and complicated looking stuff esp with chunky bezels. Issue is, I get tired of looking at them after say 1-2 years. Started with Carrera, then to 3717, then to sinn757, fortis, etc. After 1 big round, (mayb age is catching up with me), I went back to simple clean looking dials.

now need to search for strap le cos don intend to use the original strap. doesnt look nice issue is, this is a bloody 19mm odd lug!!

guess cant be perfect in all ways

Thanks for viewing!

Leave a comment:

• exxondus
    started a topic Air Force one.......

Air Force one.......

Just got back from a long day!!

Heres what I purchased yesterday!

more pics coming up once i fin my bath and getsome good lighting

if not most prob post tom during the day when there is sunlight

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse