Old watch new look!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old watch new look!

I have always thought that Rolexes (both sports series and non-sports series) look best in bracelets.

But that thought was changed when I saw some of the bros' converted Rolexes in straps!

This is the first and I am sure it will not be the last.

Will take and post more pics when the sun is out.
    Body Of Fat, Heart Of Gold.

Originally posted by Throttle
    *wolf whistle*

Yeah!
    Haha thanks to your poison!

Comment

Some pics taken with the torch light.

Comment

Very nice watch and straps!
        Check out my Amateur Watch Blog @ http://parte-di-tempo.blogspot.sg/

tsetse the fly hard to make more $$$ so can buy more timepieces

Comment

Originally posted by tsetse View Post
          Very nice watch and straps!
          Haha thanks bro!

The watch belongs to my wife. She loves the greyish blue croc strap that I made for my PAM so much that she insisted I convert the Daytona to strap! Turns out pretty nice!

Now I'm considering doing the same to mine.

Comment

Originally posted by champagneluver View Post
            Haha thanks bro!

The watch belongs to my wife. She loves the greyish blue croc strap that I made for my PAM so much that she insisted I convert the Daytona to strap! Turns out pretty nice!

Now I'm considering doing the same to mine.
            Welcome bro. Surprisingly, the daytona looks really good with straps instead of bracelet. Chio chio man!
            Check out my Amateur Watch Blog @ http://parte-di-tempo.blogspot.sg/

tsetse the fly hard to make more $$$ so can buy more timepieces

Comment

Originally posted by tsetse View Post
              Welcome bro. Surprisingly, the daytona looks really good with straps instead of bracelet. Chio chio man!
              Thanks for your kind words!

Now I have decided to convert mine into strap too. Actually, the strap is already made but I have to settle a few other things like buckle and such.

Ahhhh the poison runs deep!

Comment

Originally posted by champagneluver View Post
                I have always thought that Rolexes (both sports series and non-sports series) look best in bracelets.

But that thought was changed when I saw some of the bros' converted Rolexes in straps!

This is the first and I am sure it will not be the last.

Will take and post more pics when the sun is out.
                Cool bro! Few weeks ago I had the same thinking too, old watch new look. Also tried my hand at converting the bracelets to strap. But then, outlook though refreshing was not to my expectations due to the missing SELs. Trottle said those are expensive so I once again ponder if I should continue with the thought of going into straps. Seeing your results.....so chio chio Armani, once again (just like the cuff links which I am still trying to get but too busy), I am drooling.

Few years ago I told some bros here I not a strap person as I tend to perspire quite a fair bit. Thought of a stinky sticky strap was just too horrendous. Hm.....wondering why I am now changing my mind. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by P88 View Post
                  Cool bro! Few weeks ago I had the same thinking too, old watch new look. Also tried my hand at converting the bracelets to strap. But then, outlook though refreshing was not to my expectations due to the missing SELs. Trottle said those are expensive so I once again ponder if I should continue with the thought of going into straps. Seeing your results.....so chio chio Armani, once again (just like the cuff links which I am still trying to get but too busy), I am drooling.

Few years ago I told some bros here I not a strap person as I tend to perspire quite a fair bit. Thought of a stinky sticky strap was just too horrendous. Hm.....wondering why I am now changing my mind. Lol
                  Bro P88, thanks for your kind words!

All Rolexes look good in bracelets but the straps really change the look and feel - dressy sports watch maybe.

Don't worry about getting them sweaty as they are meant to be changed!

Comment

Ordered this dark brown croc for the Exp II but now I'm contemplating this:

Lets see how it goes.

Comment

Hi, congrats! A very nice picture indeed! I presume your Daytona is a stainless steel model. May I ask where did you buy the strap end links, the strap and the deployant? Thanks.

Comment

Nice, and a good way to share a watch between husband & wife without having to resize the bracelet.
                        Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

Originally posted by pegasi View Post
                          Nice, and a good way to share a watch between husband & wife without having to resize the bracelet.
                          Good point....very good point indeed!!
                          Just need some extra holes as my wife's wrist rather small.

Comment

Originally posted by pegasi View Post
                            Originally posted by P88 View Post
                            Good point....very good point indeed!!
                            Just need some extra holes as my wife's wrist rather small.
                            Thank bros for the idea!

It is not my intent but yes it may work for some of the bros!

For me, this will not work for 2 reasons:

1) the lengths of our straps are pretty different; and
                            2) I WILL NOT let her wear my watches

Comment

Originally posted by Throttle
                              The croc straps are very cool. The colors and texture are both stunning

As a closet designer, i can further appreciate and understand the design aspect of the "bodylines" of a Rolex and the choice of the dimension of its case, lugs and accompanying straps. I would therefore like to share my views and observations and hope that no one will be offended.

Unlike Panerais, Rolexes wear best with straps which tend to be flat and taper to a 16mm buckle (in other words, Rolex specs) in almost a traditional vintage style as thats how the case and lugs were designed for. If we take a close look at all mens rolex 20mm lug watches, they are originally paired with straps which taper to 16mm and these included the steel bracelets and rubber issues as well.
                              Only Nato straps are not tapered, but then again, they are not official issues and they cant be tapered due to fabric production reasons.

When the watch is set flat on the table, it makes it easier to understand from a design perspective why Rolexes do not come with parallel width straps.

Panerais on the other hand, are designed to be worned with parallel width straps.
                              Putting a tapered strap on a Panerai would kill the look.

Hope that all this doesnt stop anyone from putting a strap on their Rolexes, even if it is not a tapered one.
                              I am always charmed to see a bracelet Rolex wear with a strap.
                              Cheers
                              Bro, no offence at all!
                              And thanks for the great explanation!

It is my personal interpretation of beauty that I had these straps custom made at 20/20mm.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X