Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Require 10 post to view sales forum, What is your view?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Require 10 post to view sales forum, What is your view?

As per topic headlines, novices now required 10 post to view sales forum. What is the reason behind it? Please share your view.

maybe to prevent clone accounts from being set up?

but then again, new members can simply just make quick frivolous comments in various threads or start multiple new threads (best place to buy ***, how much discount for *** etc.) just to make the 10 posts...

i see it more a deterence.
    elusive

Comment

How unfortunate, I've been lurking mostly and smsing people direct but now am forced to post.

I even just surfed the site this morning too, which means the change just came into effect, like just.

Comment

New joiner shld b allowed to view the forum so as this also s place where we exchange or learn from othrr watch lovers.

Comment

But isn't a forum about sharing? why so much restriction? I can understand the reason of less than 10 post for sale of watch as the new guy may not be reliable and it is to protect fellow forummers but why the restriction to view it. Personally I have brought 1 watch from here and I had less than 10 post count. Both the seller and buyer are happy..

Comment

Totally a chore.. haha

Comment

It's a good a good way to encourage newbie to begin interacting with the fellow forum members here.

Comment

Is that why someone posted a series of frequently asked questions this morning, to accumulate post count?
                Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

Whatever the reason(s) is/are, I don't think the admin need to tell.

Originally posted by Watch-lover View Post
                  As per topic headlines, novices now required 10 post to view sales forum. What is the reason behind it? Please share your view.

Comment

You have been a member for close to 2 years and you only got 3 post count including this, you are not exchanging.

As such, you cannot blame administration from imposing 10 post count rule.

Originally posted by GrimReaper View Post
                    New joiner shld b allowed to view the forum so as this also s place where we exchange or learn from othrr watch lovers.

Comment

Sharing? You got share meh?

You are leeching off the forum. If you are not sharing, why should people share with you?

Rather than complaining, why not start to share your buying watch experience of your watch knowledge

But isn't a forum about sharing? why so much restriction? I can understand the reason of less than 10 post for sale of watch as the new guy may not be reliable and it is to protect fellow forummers but why the restriction to view it. Personally I have brought 1 watch from here and I had less than 10 post count. Both the seller and buyer are happy..

Comment

Originally posted by chiu_peow View Post
                        Sharing? You got share meh?

You are leeching off the forum. If you are not sharing, why should people share with you?

Rather than complaining, why not start to share your buying watch experience of your watch knowledge
                        I maybe a newbie here but not in watch collecting. I can share my experience with you if you want to but it's gonna take days. Maybe a kopi session somedays when you are free..

Comment

there are people who only read and don't post

Comment

Read don't post is fine.

Not as if the whole forum is being restricted only.

According to thread starter, only the garage forum is restricted.

Originally posted by ahtiong View Post
                            there are people who only read and don't post

Comment

Sharing with me alone?

Why not be magnanimous and share your watch collecting experience with all of us here?

I see that within 1 hour, you have achieve 12 post count.

Anyway, at least you can complain and you did something to help yourself.

I maybe a newbie here but not in watch collecting. I can share my experience with you if you want to but it's gonna take days. Maybe a kopi session somedays when you are free..

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X